Former_Member
Not applicable

Jewelry Makers - Necklace Packaging??

To all my jewelry makers out there.

I have been trying to improve my packaging in the past few weeks. However, I cannot figure to best way to package my necklaces so they do not arrive tangled.

How do you package your necklaces to avoid them being tangled?

I have not had any complaints but i want to prevent any problems before they start.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies
MoonstarCharms
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Jewelry Makers - Necklace Packaging??

I use small silver boxes with that squishy cotton stuff inside - when I ship a necklace I put the charm/pendant on the top and tuck the rest of the chain and the tag under the cotton. Seems to work just fine.

I love your stud earrings. So cute.
0 Likes

OK for pendants. But what about a beaded strand? I have to package one up tonight. Anyone got any clever ideas?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I package all of my items in a small resealable plastic bag. I feel this offers protection from tangles and tarnishing. Then I fold the bag in half to place it in the bottom half of a handmade box. I add a care instruction card on top of the item and put the top on. So far, I have had no issues or complaints!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Putting the beaded item in a box is a good idea to protect it. Adding a bit of cotton or wrapping in bubble wrap before putting in the box is good to prevent damage.
0 Likes
ohmyclumsyheart
Inspiration Seeker

I put my necklaces in tiny resealable bags and put that into a velvet pouch.

x
0 Likes

In a gift box, then wrapped with bubble wrap.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

For chain necklaces, I cut two small slits in each end of a business card and "snap" the chain in, wrapping it around the card a few times.

Beaded strands I put in a plastic bag with a few packing peanuts and into a gift box. I don't like any rattling, so I add some bubble wrap inside the box if necessary.

Good luck!
0 Likes

I have a little card (similar to an earring card) that I make with little slits on the side (to hold the chain in place). I put the charm in the front, hanging, and tuck the card into a box that fits it.

For beaded chains, i use the same card, but wrap it loosely around the card a couple times. Cards are cut to fix the box sizes I use =)
0 Likes
starrydreams
Inspiration Seeker

I bubble wrap all my jewellery. I include a gift box or bag depending on the item.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I too use the cotton filled box and then I layer the necklace between sheets of tissue paper in order to prevent cracked and or scratched beads! I don't like it when the item can "shake" in the box! It also depends on the size and length of the necklace.
0 Likes

Great ideas! lol I was just searching on ebay today for jewelry packaging. I like the idea about cutting small slits in the end of a business card and then wrapping the necklace around.
0 Likes
michemozaix
Inspiration Seeker

I have this same problem but with a twist... I'm starting to wholesale my jewelry in boutiques and I need a jewelry card or some other type of packaging to ship to stores that will also display well. Since my pieces are reversible, I don't want a 'typical' card that will only show one side of the jewelry. I'm following this thread to see if anyone has any clever ideas!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I gently wrap in tissue paper place inside one of my handmade gift boxes and ship in small Priority Mail box. I always send Priority Mail.

Just a little note....I have had several successful trades with other etsy seller's in the last month. And I'm surprised by the soft packaging, loose packaging and lack of seller care packaging. Its only takes a few minutes more to insure that you've pack your handmade items well.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Crudeco, I agree. It does not take much to make sure you package items with care. There are many great tips here. I was thinking of the card with slits idea. Miche, I hop you are able to find some good wholesale packaging ideas.
0 Likes

For my beaded necklaces, I unhook them and lay them flat on a piece of tissue. Then I roll the necklace in the tissue, kind of like a tissue tube? Then I put it in an organza pouch, looking as nicely as possible ;-) and then in the box, I try to coil it so that it looks nice. But I think customers would be happier that you protected the necklace as your first priority. Imagine scratched pearls, yikes!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I buy bookmarks from the craft store (the plain cardstock ones used for crafting) and I hang the necklace over that and use a small piece of tape over the chain on the back, Then I wrap the entire thing in tissue paper and tie it with ribbon.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I use the little ziplock bags and then put them in little boxes and wrap them in bubble wrap to mail them. So far I have had good luck with this method.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.