Hi there,

Making my first sale to a complete stranger was such an indescribable feeling. Up until then, all of my customers had been friends or family members. As soon as I saw the order, I immediately texted my best friend and then rushed to ship the item out.

How did you make your first sale to a stranger? I’m working on a potential article for the Seller Handbook, and I want to hear from you. Was there a turning point in your shop that led to it? Maybe you had an epiphany about how to shoot better product photos or perhaps you revamped your titles and tags. Or maybe you changed course and started selling a new product. Whatever the change, big or small, tell us about what led to your first sale.

If I’m interested in learning more about your experience, I’ll reach out to you directly. Excited to hear your stories and tips!

Thanks y’all,
Tess
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: How did you make your first sale?

Hello Everyone! Do you love sexy lingerie ?
Visit our LQ store ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
https://www.etsy.com/listing/595939193/balconette-bra-soft-cup-bra-sheer-bra?ref=pr_shop
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I just made my first sale last Sunday after having my shop open for almost 3 months of being open. I was a little discouraged until I read an article in the Etsy blog that was encouraging!! I don't know how it happened other than "keeping the faith" because I don't know the buyer personally or from my IG or Tumblr, and it was an International sale for a bride's wedding. It should arrive early this week...much sooner than she expects. I will admit that although one of my target customers are brides and bridal parties... I felt the pressure of making her Pearl Crown and making sure it arrives on time. Thanks for sharing your stories it is really encouraging!! :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Everyone! Do you love sexy lingerie ?
Visit our LQ store ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ https://www.etsy.com/listing/596349107/black-lingerie-set-push-up-plunge-bra?ref=shop_home_active_1
0 Likes

I started my shop a few months ago, and haven't had a single sale yet. Lots of looks, it's been interesting watching where my traffic comes from and trying to figure out how to capitalize on that. I also have Instagram and Facebook pages, and those analytics are telling as well.

Reading how everyone else is doing is helping me not give up hope, so thank you all!
0 Likes
Pirlimpimpim
Inspiration Seeker

Hello everyone! Newbie here :)

I just made my first sale in February and my customer was so happy that she came back again.. and again! and Again!! :D LOL

I made 3 sales, sold 4 items to the same person and I'm working on a new order for her again... oh my, she made my heart smile! It's so rewarding when people love our work as much as us ❤

I know it's just one person but I think it counts as an extra special thing when it's a repeating buyer :D but now I need to keep going and get more buyers.. it's a process! Takes time I know... but I'm really motivated to do it, looking for tips to achieve sucess!

Still working on listing more itens, I'm working on the new custom order and then I will have to restock sold items and make a few more. I read that more listing also helps to Etsy search, right?

Then I need to polish my SEO strategy... all tips are very welcome!
And advertise on social media.
So far, that's the plan! But looking for your tips and opnions, send it all! Please :)

Thanks everyone!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, It's so lovely to hear all the success stories, I've not sold a bean, Iver been open 3 weeks now.. I will give it 6 months and if not then I will shut up shop.. no idea, why I'm not selling.. oh well.. back to SEO.
0 Likes
bestfire
Inspiration Seeker

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey ! i just opened my shop and i just feel so excited about the fact that stranger ( maybe ) will have one of my creation between his hands ! And feel happy about it ! this is just so satisfying. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I opened my shop 2 months ago. I placed only 3 works just as an example of what I know how to sew. It's not my best work, and not the best photo.But there was the first buyer, and he bought the most expensive product of my store! I saw this letter and my daughter and I couldn't sleep the whole night! Then I tried to execute this order quickly, and I sewed it a few nights, because in the afternoon I work on my main job. Finally I sent my order and I am very worried about it coming to the customer. I am very grateful to my buyer, because he made a purchase from me, without having a single review of my store. It's a huge trust that inspired me! Now I'm doing new work, studying the shops on Etsy, and try to do other photos that will be good.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks very much for all your
witnesses.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks very much for all your
witnesses.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.