Experience or Advice with promoted listings?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at setting up some promoted listings through Etsy but I wanted to hear peoples experiences with it to know if there is a daily budget you'd recommend to see the best results and if it had a direct impact on sales.
Thanks,
Paige
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Experience or Advice with promoted listings?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with this kind of things. Etsy changes the search quite often, especially since last November. Working on your SEO on this site is waste of time. You should look into it, of course, but keep working on it to adjust to these changes is useless. If I don't have a sale in a few days it seems like I disappear from the search and my shop goes very quiet. Paying to get around all this issues is not something I will consider. I prefer to spend that money investing in my business in other ways.

0 Likes

I tried promoted listings a couple of times and had no results whatsoever. In the past I have seen several posts in this Team regarding promoted listings reporting no results. I gave up. You may want to do a search for those threads to get more information.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
0 Likes

I've had good results with promoted listings and have been using them for about a year on some of my items. Why not start low, with a daily budget of $1, and experiment with promoting various listings? You'll be able to tell soon if it is working for you or not.

I tend to promote higher priced items with a lot of competition.
Good luck!
0 Likes

Thanks so much for the advice :)
0 Likes

The good thing with promoted listings is that you can spend as little as $1 a day and you can turn them on and off whenever you like. I find them helpful.
0 Likes
LanaGordonRast
Inspiration Seeker

I tried it with a dollar a day budget. I did not see any results from it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

In my other shop I ear more with promoted listings than de costs to use them :)
0 Likes

Oh...and according to the thread below, Etsy is going to start emailing buyers recommending shops that use the Shop Updates.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/17512072

So I'm wondering how this is going to work. The site will be recommending certain shops to the buyers. But perhaps not yours. You are paying for promoted ads to promote your products and you might not get anything out of it. Will the shops that use Shop Updates have priority of some sort? Will they get higher ranking in searches too? Will this be a service you'll have to pay for later?

Etsy has stopped the Google promoted ads - ok, that was free and they did say they might stop it at any time so fair enough.

When you do a search on Google for your Etsy products, you come up under 'Marketplace, with your competitors' items. And your item might not come up in the first page or in the first spot. It is your item you searched for in the first place!

So, I'm just trying to understand which direction we should be taking in terms of promotion here, on this site. Can we see 1 or 2 ways that work with our business and our products? When we have to pay for those or when Etsy is recommending some shop over others, can we get any clue?

Paying for more and more and more to get seen here is NOT the answer.
0 Likes

Minerva -- Thanks for the info. on Shop Updates!

I can understand those who don't use a smart phone but it actually is a welcome news for me. I like Shop Updates a lot and always post something when I have time. I do see a big "Shop Updates" section (3 big pictures in a row) when I click on my home page. I am not sure who will have my feeds but I do see mine there if I post something.

It's actually very easy and convenient thing to do! I always post it on either IG or Pinterest after Etsy! :)

0 Likes

Not everyone uses a smart phone. Not everyone has one or can afford to buy one. Not everyone wants to be glued to a tiny little screen. I use my laptop, I want the space, the large area to work on my shop, the larger keys to type and the convenience to upload photos.

I just can't believe we are pushed to use certain features to get seen, to be found, to be preferred etc. Why doesn't Etsy do something to allow EVERYONE to use the updates?? Not just those who use certain technology.

There is something else behind this...
0 Likes

Sure! I can't agree with you more. I think Etsy should make it available for both laptops and smart phones.

I also work with my laptop all the time; I don't like to work on the phone. However, I can't deny that it's very convenient to just snap a shot with my phone.

My recent listings were all done by using my laptop. I set up the initial listings with my laptop first, then add more photos by Etsy app since the photos were stored in my phone.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.