Former_Member
Hi everyone! I'm Sandi, todays Online Labs Emcee. We'll continue the discussion here to help each other out.

Please share your top takeaway from the lab. If you have a question that wasn't answered, or you need clarification on something, you can post it here as well.

There was so much great info today, but one thing that really stood out for me was choosing one social media platform to start with. Think about what platform best matches your personality, the personality of your shop/product line, and your customers instead of just choosing what's hottest right now. (I started with Twitter, and am just getting my feet wet.) Get comfortable with using that platform, before branching out. You may find that it works so well, you won't need to use any others.

I'm really excited about Emceeing today! I look forward to hearing what all of you contribute.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Emcee Followup to "How to Ace Social Media" Online Lab

Jump to solution
I liked the idea of scheduling posts and posting about your life or something that is going on personally with you that day. I need to be better about adding posts like that into my Instagram account, @thebowtasticboutique. Thank you for this helpful lab video. I'm excited to implement these tips into my IG account. :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I like the idea of tweeting (or posting) some bits from your personal life, to let your personality show through, like most people do on Facebook. I've been intimidated by Twitter, and that tip helped me loosen up...but I won't be tweeting pictures of what I'm having for lunch! 😉
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Oops forgot to mention my twitter handle is @specindulgence
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Some of you have contacted me about some of the links not working. Please be sure to send the link with your message (copy & paste it), so I can let the Etsy-Powers-That-Be know which ones are broken. Or, you can contact Tess directly and send the broken link to her.

Thanks,
Sandi
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
FB and Twitter @AuntKaysAttic Getting an Instagram acct for the Etsy shop soon!!!

Loved the webcast! I liked the tips about what to post on your Instagram. For example, if you are an artist selling your work here then pics of you creating etc and if you sell vintage pics of picking thru vintage at antique/flea markets would make cool pics to engage your audience. Loved it guys! Tnx!!!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have been using Instagram and then linking the same post to my FB account. This is a quick way to get things posted in two places at once. I used to use a separate FB for my business but Instagram links to my personal FB only. Reviewing my stats it shows that I don't get much traffic from FB using personal or business so It is all of minor consequence.

Always a good idea to check your stats and see where your traffic is coming from and go from there.

Best of luck everyone.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Oh dear, a week on and I totally haven't stuck to my plan of posting specific subjects on specific days, oops! I have managed another blog post though - trying to do one a week, usually about work in progress. Has anyone been very good and managed to stick to anything they picked up, or have any of you spectacularly not stuck to something, like me?!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I don't always schedule my posts but I definitely pre-make my designs and posts a day prior to sharing them socially. I find this way truly helpful in creating free time and organizing my posts. Also, this makes my own business more consistent in the sense that I follow a certain pattern. The other thing is that I connect my social accounts to one another which is another way of getting more exposure.

Instagram: Artistakw
Twitter: Artistakw
Pinterest: Artistakw
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I may be the last person in the world to discover this, but thought I'd share it here anyway!

If, like me, you're out and about a lot and mostly use the Facebook app on your phone, you can download the "Facebook Pages Manager" app so you can do all your shop posting etc in a separate app to the one you use for your personal life.

The only thing it appears to be lacking (which is the main thing I was hoping it would let you do!) is that you can't see a newsfeed for pages that your pages like, so that you can like and comment on posts and pages that your PAGE likes, rather than your personal account. Huge shame, they're missing a trick there I think! :-(

Did that make sense?! Hope it's useful to someone! :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I keep my facebook personal page and have pages for each of my ETSY shops plus have a page for our team . Also have two Instagrams, but I think I might just combine all under one account as that is too hectic but for now doing a wait and see. As far as twitter goes, I started with two different accounts but now do all in my original one - just need one of those for sure. I am definitely going to start scheduling my social media posts thru hootsuite which also does instagram posts too. Of course there are always those spontaneous posts too.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.