What is one tip that you did today to drive your Etsy business?

I changed my section titles, and rearranged my shop! Mixing it up a little!
AuntBsAttic
Registered Buyer

Re: Drive Your Etsy Business Today

Friday - Again !! They are coming around faster & faster it seems . . . and the beginning of another month . . . how can that be??

Have started revamping listings and adjusting processing times so I'm ready for July 1st. Still knitting away - should have over 50 ready to ships done by Monday - and major progress on the little critters for craft shows being made.

Have a stack on new fabrics for the supply section - got some pics taken and have started the draft/listing process. Love that I'm shipping out little fabric sales while the section is still getting stocked - though that makes building the shop inventory a little challenging ! Good problem to have :)

Back to the needles if I'm going to stay on schedule :)
TGIF

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

First birthdays are by far my best seller. I am now working on making all of those up ahead of time so that I have less to do. I've been promoting other items than just my first birthdays and those are the ones that everyone seems to go for.
I will try being more involved on my Twitter, right now I'm so busy to do things like that. Even though it only takes a few minutes. I will try to be more involved.
Haven't thought of any Fathers day items which isn't a good idea. I do have fourth of July items right now. I have to buy some more materials to get it done.
To relieve stress I will, listen to my music really loud, read my Bible, pray, or hangout with my friends.
This month has been great already, only 2 days in. I have two friends with birthdays tomorrow. (Not twins, or related) I'm babysitting tomorrow all day than am attending a choir concert for my friends. I'm trying to get all my items done today so tomorrow I won't have to worry about anything order wise. I also have some homework to get done too. I have to memorize my drama play, biology video and do math homework. Luckily some of that I can do while babysitting tomorrow
0 Likes

I renewed my soon to expire listings.... and added ALL new pictures. Quite a bit of work.. but I like it better. Hope others do too.
0 Likes
StitchKnit
Inspiration Seeker

So busy with new foster teen here. Lots of meetings which translates to lots of knitting time! Getting some new items ready as well as a few extras to add to inventory.

The photography trade situation has pushed me in all sorts of ways. I will handle the 2nd trade WAY differently. No pictures that I can add to my shop yet. Great pictures, but I needed to have been much clearer about everything.

I have been selling a couple of my handmade items on a weekly basis now for the last month or so. (one of my goals for '14) Most of my inventory is now on display, where clients can see & touch the goods! Everything is tagged & priced and I'm finding this face to face selling thing easier than I expected.

Back to work. Clients appts, knitting and some sewing for the rest of the day....
Changing pictures this week....for any yarn I had listed that is wound in balls or cakes. Hard to ship. Pricier than necessary....so, I am re packaging the yarn in skeins, which just slip into envelopes & ship reasonably.
0 Likes

I ordered ribbon for my next 3 tag blankets. I am determined to get 10 new listings up this month!!
0 Likes

0 Likes

Took photos of new items, sold an item (yeah!), did market research.
0 Likes

Jen Anderson from JensTangledThreads-
It looks like your giveaway is going well! Tell us a little bit about how you promoted it!

Has it impacted your views and sales in your shop?

How did you come to the decision to buy a DYMO label printer? Have you used it yet? Are you happy with the results?

Wrap around product labels for what? I'm intrigued!
0 Likes

Noelle Argenti from potterybynoelle-
Congrats on your sale! Wonderful to see!

Very nice review! Worth the wait! I know it is hard to be patient!

Your new clock is cool! What are the dimensions?
0 Likes

I made a new banner!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yes I changed my section titles too and I will design two different pieces today .
0 Likes

2014 has been a good year so far for my pottery sales I made 4 sales this year so far
0 Likes
AuntBsAttic
Registered Buyer

Switched the normal Thursday up a bit - in order to enjoy quality outdoor Pup Time before the heat, humidity & sinuses force us all inside!

Still knitting (lol) - feeling much better about inventory potential for fall . . . remember now that the really HOT days (I get cranky when the breeze dies & temps climb over 80, and start to decompose when it gets over 90!) lead to excellent knitting time so I don't feel guilty hiding inside!

Switching gears today to work up some local custom string scarves - as moms & aunts & grandmas prepare to flaunt their kids' new Middle &HS colors - and present graduation gifts in new college colors :) Fun time of the year!

Still trying to get fabrics listed . . . between expiring listings & small sales - doesn't seem like I'm making any progress - but it's keeping the shop active - so mission accomplished !

Time to grab a bite to eat - and get in 'gather & cut' mode - which must be preceded by Clean & Organize the String Corner in the studio ! Seems the fabric has crept over property lines while I've been busy doing other things !

Happy Thursday!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Well, I'm promoting my butt off on FB and Twitter. Finally got to 100 entries, so I added another week and another prize. Now. if I can get to 200 entries. That would be nice.

Haven't seen any sales or views because of it, unfortunately.

Haven't unpacked the Dymo yet. Maybe this weekend.

Right now for my washcloths, I put 2 together and wrap them with purple ribbon. Well, I decided it would look much better if I did labels instead. This way I can print the price on the label as well as what it is. I also plan to use it on my boot cuffs and ear warmers. I can't wait to start playing around with them. Maybe next weekend. My son has a dance competition this weekend. *sigh*

Oh! I just came up with a great new product, too. I am rhinestoning headbands for my son's dance studio. or I will once I get the rhinestones and headbands in. Found wholesellers for them. I figure I can make them say other things, like Dancer or Gymnast, or Skater. You know, make my target market young girls who like pretty, sparkly things.
0 Likes

I joined this team. I plan to use your advise to improve my shop. Thank you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Working really hard to fill a large order - then I plan to spend some time making NEW items. I have some fun ideas in my head. I had time to sketch them out - now it's time to sew them! I'm always excited to try new things!

Also trying to post something on instagram every day and also working on my keywords, etc.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yay for the large order, Amanda. Congrats.
0 Likes

Promoting on Twitter and participating in forums. Plan to list 2 new items after my regular job today!
0 Likes
StitchKnit
Inspiration Seeker

Just finished a custom order for local client. Feels SO good to cross this one off.
Etsy shop is at a stand still sales wise, but I'm sticking to my routine of 2 new listings a day, renewing 4. Try to switch pics (or take new ones) as well as double check titles & key words on the renewed items.

Picture taking is on the schedule this weekend, as I've got a pile of new supply "finds" to add to the shop this coming week.

Have a creative weekend!

0 Likes
AuntBsAttic
Registered Buyer

Ah, Monday :)
Feels so good to be back on the ole routine!
Praying for NO MORE Life Interrupted weeks (like that's EVER gonna happen!)

Pictures snapped, new listings posted & promoted on & off Etsy, lining up drafts for tomorrow . . . new craft fair products tweaked & under construction :) and will be ready for a June debut locally.

Now it's time to get the house, laundry, and ME as organized for the week as the shop is :)

Have a Great week !
0 Likes
AuntBsAttic
Registered Buyer

Morning routine completed early this am :) Enjoyed the 'found time' on the deck - cool, sunny, fresh air this am ! - finishing up a knit to order to ship out Monday as a graduation gift Got some drafts written up - another photo session on the schedule for later today. More listing & renewing on tap for this evening.

Have enjoyed an International Week - all fabric sales have gone out of the country ! And all but one involved communications to put multiple coordinating fabrics together. A fun, rewarding 'customer contact' week with newly registered, first time buyers - as well as established sellers.

Retrieved baskets from above the kitchen cabinets - for photo shoot. Getting ready to blitz new baby toy line locally :) Since the baskets will also be used as display props at upcoming fairs - I took the time to dust Everything up there! Obviously, it's been awhile since I've been that close to the ceiling!

Back to work !
TGIF

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Happy Friday! I have been listing and renewing all week. I am up to 12 items in the shop. So excited!!!!
0 Likes
StitchKnit
Inspiration Seeker

Stopping in to my shop for a quick run through of routine tasks. Have out of town company til Tuesday & already miss my Etsy routine!

Added new listing, will get a bit of promoting done. Scheduling a treasury posting to my blog for Tuesday. And, taking a couple tiny supply sales to the post office this afternoon.

I do have some knitting time factored in with all the company/visiting time, which makes me feel like I'm putting some time in on the shop!

My shop is in the format testing (on one of our computers) and my first impression is negative. Will see if I can figure out how to view my shop on my phone & see if that changes my view at all.

Time's up! Have a creative weekend!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am trying to either list or relist every hour today. I am bound and determined to get a sale today!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I listed two items and promoted them on teams and facebook.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.