Former_Member
Not applicable

Does anyone do Google AdWords?

If so, is it worth it? I quit paying for Etsy promoted listings because I did not get a single sale off it for the 4 months I tried it. I'm wondering if Google AdWords will give me better results. They suggest $10 a day but I think $1 a day is more my budget :) I also wonder if that is enough to make it worthwhile. Thanks for any tips!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
ScarvesByEllen
Conversation Maker

Re: Does anyone do Google AdWords?

I also quit paying for promoted listings and am now testing Adwords and will also test Bing soon. Labor Day weekend was probably not the best time to start but so far I've seen a sharp increase in traffic. No sales over the weekend, though. One thing about Adwords: unlike promoted listings it is not a set-it-and-forget-it solution: you will need to put in some time analyzing the data and refining targeting and keywords.
0 Likes

I would like to know that, too. I also quit my promoted listings because I didn't get any sale, nor even increased my views.
0 Likes
ScarvesByEllen
Conversation Maker

To give you an idea of the difference in traffic - with promoted listings I was getting between 10 and 0 views per day for months. Maybe once in a while a little higher. Today after 4 days with google, there are 74 views and the day is not over yet. I doubt all of those views are people ready to buy, but at least someone is actually seeing my shop!
0 Likes
ScarvesByEllen
Conversation Maker

An update: I ran the google ads for a month, adjusting keywords and campain attributes frequently. Views really skyrocketed, but sales did not follow, so I stopped the campaign for now, pending a little more research. People were often not just viewing the shop and bouncing away, they would look through every single item.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.