Hi Sellers,

Many of us have smartphones and how we use these handy devices, both for business and everyday life, is only growing over time. To help you optimize your shop for buyers on the go, the Seller Education team is developing new education about mobile.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on the following so we can provide you with the most relevant mobile education:

-Do you actively think about how your shop and listings look on a smartphone? If so, how does it change what you do?
-Do you keep an eye on mobile traffic in your Shop Stats?
-What don’t you understand about making your shop mobile friendly that you’d like to learn more about?

Best,

Shadi
XZOUIX
Crafty Poster

Re: Do you think about mobile?

Jump to solution
i better like the standard version but i try to get used to the mobile version too, i check it here and there, the photos look good to me.
i receive quite a lot of visitors who use their mobile devices, i'd say it is about one third of all my visitors which is fine.
what i find difficult when using my iphone is working on my shop, like cropping photos, moving listings etc.

ps: i agree with aimee of adobevintagehouse about the customized arrangement of listings
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I find it easy to work with when shopping or adding a shipping note.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I like both apps, they are convenient and easy to use. Until you get a convo and there are many notifications littering your screen. Could you solidify the apps? Maybe if you have a shop, have more feature access in the one app...Just saying.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
My Etsy shop looks great on any handheld device of any kind.

I wish Etsy would format Etsy.com in Responsive Web Design. We would all have a much nicer view of everything on any size monitor, in just about any resolution.

I can't believe the site is not using it.

Why is that Admin?

Nancy
0 Likes

Jump to solution
One thing I have found that I do not like about the mobile version is that people have to click another link to see the item description.
It's hard enough to get buyers to read the description in the first place. And if it's hidden, that makes it even harder on sellers in the end.
I had an announcement about shipping times in the first line of my listings during Christmas and buyers were still not seeing this message when shopping via mobile.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
For some reason, my shop is not appearing on the Etsy mobile app. HELP!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Yes, I would like to have a few basic tips how can I make my shop mobile friendly. I am a newbie on Etsy and my efforts are mostly to develop my photos and listings so I have never thought about how my shop looks on a smartphone... In the same time I am used to check my emails and pins on my mobile phone... Yes, surely this is a subject I would be glad to learn more! Thanks for bringing my attention on this topic!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Item descriptions NEED to be viewable automatically on mobile. So many people purchase on mobile and are mad when they haven't read the descriptions about shipping times and such.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I use my mobile device daily to view my shops and test Relevancy searches and even make changes to my listings. For the most part, I am very happy with my Etsy shops and with my shopping experience using mobile deices. The following are two exceptions:

Not seeing any text for the listing titles in the small thumbnail view is annoying. The listing title tells a little more about the listing, often enough more to keep searching for something closer to whatever I am looking for. Without any part of the listing title visible, I have to click on each thumbnail image to read the text in the title. Clicking back and forth like this takes time and is annoying.

Having to click on a link to read the item description is another annoying step.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
I think mine looks great on mobile. I love the ease of buying! I just don't think customers can use coupon codes on there yet which is quite annoying
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I like the ease of buying on a mobile, but I've noticed as well that its hard to access the descriptions and sometimes the title of the item.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi, I always try to have my 2nd picture "show off" my item. I know when I am looking up something on my phone, I only look at the first two pics', then go on to another item. I don't have time to look at five pictures!! Jan
0 Likes

Jump to solution
All comments are very informative and helpful. Thanks guys!!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Are we going to get any response from Admin on this post?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I am pretty happy with my Etsy shop on mobile, especially in the app. I would really like to see a mobile optimized version of Etsy Mini, though. I have had to tweak up my website (VintageCravens.com) to get around this by limiting column widths, then placing text boxes next to mini so the experience is totally awful for desktop users. It is okay, but would be much more friendly for us sellers if it was mobile optimized :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
One thing that I would LOVE to see happen on both the regular and mobile versions: A more clearly visible processing time/ shipping estimate.

$30.00
Ships in 10 - 15 days

Easy peasy. I know this is possible, because it was just like that in the shipping-options prototype I participated in a couple of years ago.

I do have that information explained in each and every listing (in addition to the shipping profile page) BUT nobody ever scrolls down far enough to read it...
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hey everyone, thank you all so much for your thoughtful comments! These are all great as we work on developing our education on mobile.

Be sure to check out our Seller Handbook regularly for future, tailored education
https://blog.etsy.com/en/category/seller-handbook/

-Shadi
0 Likes
Graciosa
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution
I wholeheartedly agree with Laurie Kahn about a more visible shipping time! In both versions. And also the estimated time that the post takes.
I am in Colombia, and the post from here takes at least 2 weeks to most countries. I have this stated in several places in my shop:
- in each Item's Description
- in the Shop Announcement
- in my Policies
- in the automatic message that gets sent to customers when they make an order

However, people don't ever read any of these warnings. I get a lot of orders with a note saying "Need in 3 (or 5) days, please". It is really time consuming trying to contact them back (because sometimes they don't even check back again after ordering) and explaining them the whole thing all over again. I get a lot of cancellations like this. It is so frustrating!

Shadi, wouldn't it be possible to make like sort of a check box at checkout that says "I have read everything and I agree with the shipping time"... Or something like that? Pretty please! ;)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.