Former_Member
Not applicable

Disappointed in many teams.

I have the impression that 'team spirit' is changing in many teams.
Quite a few have become plain treasury teams and when asking other questions or feedback the threads get shut down.... which makes me very sad.

In other groups it appears that only a small handful of people is allowed to start new threads at all. I posted in one group about pinterest and how we could support each other... Baaam!... Shut down by one of the leaders > with a warning even that I should re-read the group rules or I would get kicked out!
2days later that very same person started exactly the same thread with almost copy/paste of my text. What is this behaviour????

So I was wondering if any of YOU could give me advise on which group is nice, friendly and welcoming. A group where you can post new listings and treasuries, but also have discussing about ideas and ask advise.

Cheers from France....
Nic*
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
50 Replies

Re: Disappointed in many teams.

good question Nicole! Even "kudos" on a treasury making the FP in one of the teams I'm a member of was deleted... someone just trying to be nice and say "AWESOME JOB" got their teeth kicked in.

Would be nice to find a real "TEAM"
0 Likes

This is my favorite team. I'm a member of the TT Team which is a treasury team, but you are limited in who can start the threads. The Shopsteam is a good one, but I don't notice so much of critique threads there (admittedly I don't read through that one as carefully so I may be missing them.) And all the other teams I am on are not very active. So all that to say, this is the best one I've found.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The EtsyThreadKillers is wonderful and full of the supportive environment that you seem to find lacking in other teams. I agree that it's a *HUGE* problem that so many teams are actually grade-school-esque cliques. I joined several when I first came to Etsy, but left them because they were so very unwelcoming, cliquish, and quick to shut down newbies trying to join in. I'm sorry that happened to you, OP, but sadly, I'm not surprised.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

So it is not just my impression, but you guys noticed that too.
Good.....well, too bad actually, but you know...it means it is not just me having hallucinations ;)

I will have a look at the thread killers, Thank you Juliet.

I honestly don't like the plain treasury teams, cause everyone just post their T, does the minimum effort on saying creative things like: 'nice' to the minimum amount of T#s they have to visit. and that's it....run aways..... not really a community I think.
:(

I am still open for more suggestions about teams, if anyone knows a good one!
0 Likes

Hi Nicole,
I am on various teams if you want to look at mine on my page. One I joined not too long ago is The Crazy Advertisers Team. I also joined the circleclickingteam. Some of the teams I am on have more restrictions than others, some have less. So it depends. There are also some teams that if you type in pinterest that support pinterest. Hope that helps! :)
0 Likes

There are lots of teams out there, so don't feel disappointed you haven't found the right one yet. I am part of a local team, which is awesome for business ideas and promotions close to home, and also a quilting team that is very supportive about helping promote each other. This success team has been great for learning and Etsy support and I have one other team that is mostly promotions. Keep looking and you'll find the teams for you!
0 Likes

I have joined/unjoined teams when I have felt they do/don't meet my needs. I have had a variety of experiences, most good, one not so good. If a team is not meeting your expectations, try another. There are great shops and owners that are really wonderful and helpful....good luck to you!
0 Likes

Well I'll TOTALLY be checking out the threadkillers team and all the ones in tidymighty's post.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My favorite teams are ones that have people similar to me. I found a team for just people who live in NH, like me and one for homeschooling Etsy moms, like me. :) We have fun chatting about things, asking advice, etc.

My advice would to type in the search team box at the top and find a team with similar interests. Who knows, you might find a great team! Good luck.
0 Likes

That stinks, I havent had that happen to me.
Although there are 2 really big teams I am on no T commitments etc, but they are large and it asks you to post under the categories they have, including one that says rants etc.
If they are large teams maybe that is why, but I belong to a small team that we talk ALOT and nothing gets shut down, I love it
there are good ones out there for everyone:)
0 Likes

I belong to three "local" teams, although they aren't really active. I also belong to TT Team, and I like that because I really enjoy making treasuries. I like this one because I get lots of helpful advice. Hmmm...oh, and I just joined Fun Group. I also belong to Createability, as I work with a disability that can be a royal pain in the patoot at times. I joined the various teams for different reasons, and I've found that most of them work well for those reasons. I do wish my local teams were more active, though.
0 Likes

ETK team is a great and friendly team!
0 Likes

I second the ETK team (Etsy Threadkillers). It is the team where I first check out in the morning to say hello to everyone, and the only rule is "Be Excellent to Each Other". We have a lot of fun there.

*waves to Betty*
0 Likes

Hi Nicole, you live in France? Have you tried one of the local French teams? I live in Spain and belong to two of the local ones. One of them is not very active but in the other one i have found tremendous support, plus we always discuss matters in our mother tongue which is nice ;-) I hope this helps.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I second (or third?) the threadkillers. The only thing we don't like in there... is when all you do is post promotions about yourself and nothing else. We encourage help, encouragement, critiques, general chit chat and the like. "Be Excellent to Each Other" like Jennifer said. :)

Just wanted to add that promos are totally okay - just stick around for a bit every now an then and do something else too. Haha.
0 Likes

I'l 4th (5th - anyone want a 5th?) the ETK team. They are fun, friendly, knowledgeable and just a little crazy.
0 Likes

Each team has it's set of rules...and when we join them we agree to the rules.
There are a lot of teams that don't want threads started by the members. It is what it is.
ETK is a fun free spirited team. Anything goes it seems. I dig it.

I hope you find teams that fit your needs and goals.
Even this team has rules and if they are broken those threads will get closed and in some circumstances a member will receive a warning.
Maybe on the teams that don't want threads started you can request a topic via PM.
I don't know. There are plenty of teams to join...I wouldn't worry too much if you just don't mesh w/ one.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have noticed that too :(...
You got a lot of good responses, many of which I will check out.
Maybe see if there is a local team for your city. Mine is very friendly, just not very large, so it is sometimes dead. I guess depending on how big your area is would determine how active it was. Good also if you are interested in local shows/craft fairs.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I like this team and Etsy Success team. Looks like I'll be looking into joining Threadkillers, too!
0 Likes
ShopGreyweather
Inspiration Seeker

I will be checking out threadkillers too :) I joined a bunch of teams, but many of them are rather disappointing so I will be leaving a bunch.
0 Likes
SassiChic
Registered Buyer

I LOVE this team :) Looks like you have the best one already!
0 Likes
VedgeCandle
Inspiration Seeker

Promo123Love. http://www.etsy.com/teams/11461/promo123-love

I had a disappointing experience with a team too and I think some take themselves entirely too seriously.
0 Likes

This is a lovely team with members from all around the world.
http://www.etsy.com/teams/10890/designdot
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.