Former_Member
Not applicable

etsy advertising

well... today starts my one week of $5 advertising on etsy.
it has been going to an hour and i have had a bunch of 'impressions' but on views.

who uses etsy's advertising?
have you had luck with it?
how much do you spend?
any tips?

i listed a ton of tags and hope this will being me some sales!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: etsy advertising

I spent about 5$ as well, only to find it completely useless. The impressions to views ratio is horrible.

Since you've already started it, all I can say is be VERY specific on tags. Maybe try advertising just one items, so only people who are interested in exactly that thing see it. Otherwise you pay for useless impressions.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've tried it twice, and both times it was a waste of money. I got maybe 5 extra views a day out of it, a favorite here and there, but no sales. I'd rather spend my $5 on supplies than on search ads.

However, I have heard a bunch of people have had at least a little success with these things. I was tempted to try them again, but I figure with all the posts on the forums and being active in the teams and blogs and yadda yadda yadda, I can make up those 5 measly views a day without having to spend any money.
0 Likes

I haven't had any positive results either but I'd spread it over my entire shop and the few people who said they liked it had used it to promote a specific item.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have used it and recently did the math and concluded that it wasnt worth it, up until today i got any where from 50-150 views a day on a 25.00 a week budget, today is the first day with no etsy promo, and only one veiw....which is not good either, i also tried lower budgets at differnt times andfound the results didnt change from when i had no promo..
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

oh boo...

still more impressions, but like ugne said, theyre useless.

i would be happy to get a bunch of views...
thrilled to see some sales from it

but maybe this will only be a one time thing...
o well
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I tried it last week. I had over 4000 impressions, something like 40 views, 1 sale and it cost me just under $5. For me, the one sale covered the cost of the ads. I'm not sure if I'll try it again. I'm trying something different this week.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

yea if i got a sale out of it, to me, that would make it worth while.

i just did some playing around, searched for tags that i used and for 3 out of 5 brought up my items. not bad...
0 Likes
NiciLaskin
Conversation Maker

i just used it for my Guitar Picks and i have 3 sales in 3 days over it, and views and faves, but it really depends, i tried it with my jewelry and art and nada
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Megan, I am trying it for the first time this week too. Again, a lot of impressions but very few actual views from it. Not sure at the moment that I will be renewing. Take care,
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

successful!
two of my catnip toys sold today!
a couple of views and one sale (two items)
so my $5 advertising has already paid itself off.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yay for you!!!!!!! Good job!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Can I ask what "impressions" mean?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I didn't find that my views were any better. My views tend to hover between 80 & 100 per day whether I have the advertising or not.

I think being part of teams and using my Facebook and Twitter does the same job for me.
0 Likes

I ran ads over the xmas hols and last month and didn't find it was value for money...lots of impressions but not a lot of views. Views seem to pick up towards the end of the week and I've always started my ads on Monday / Tuesday. Seems like the impressions are front loaded so I was wondering how my views would differ if I started the ad campaign on a Thursday. Do you find your views are greater later in the week?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

cindy, impressions are when someone sees the thumbnail image of your item in a search, but they dont necessarily click on it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I tried it for the first time and have had3 sales in last 2 weeks, one repeat customer...so I think it helped me!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I find that the views to my shop are better when I am running search ads than when I have no ads. Some of my items have made it on to treasury lists, I had a number of people add me to their circles and I've gotten a couple of sales. obviously the longer you run your ads the more your name is out there but promote on Facebook as well and I lead people to my shop too. As a small business owner you have to look any all the ways to promote your products.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.