Coupon Codes

This is my first time using the coupon codes and I am very excited. I noticed if someone is searching from their phone and just click on my item, they don't see my offer. I had it on my shops page at the very top and on my shop title. I noticed they still wouldn't know if I had a coupon code or not. So I had to change my picture to make sure they took notice. I didn't want to edit all my orders. Is there a more simple way that I am missing, is what I would like to know.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Shelli
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Coupon Codes

I'm glad you shared but this helps me none at all.
0 Likes
wolfmansmummy
Inspiration Seeker

Sorry, Shelli, I blew the editing here. As we are proof, people don't read, I guess- I don't know how the phone searches work, but the avitar coupon looks great for here- definately a reason to click on a shop-
0 Likes

I know... drives me nuts people won't read..Thank you , I was trying to catch the eye.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Shelli,

This is a great question and I was wondering the same thing. I hope you get an answer :)

0 Likes

Thank you for taking time to read Danialy. I hope I do too.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Shelli, if you don't want to use a coupon code, use Etsy on Sale - etsyonsale.com - to run your sales. I'm using a code this year, but EoS is great. You get the first five credits free.
0 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you Erin I will check it out.
0 Likes

Having that as your avatar is a great idea :D I put my sale all over the place. Shop announcement, profile, and other social media sites like pinterest, tumbler, facebook, deviantart. If you wanted to take the time, you could put it in the description of all your listings, but I don't have the patience for that.
0 Likes

Thank you Allison! I appreciate the feedback. I dont have the patience either lol.
0 Likes
ManmadeKnitting
Inspiration Seeker

Same here first time of using the coupon code and wasn't really sure that to do. I posted in shop announcements about my sale and also made an item with the 10% off and posted it on social media sites so people could see.

I'm not sure how else people would know you are having a sale, I guess the more time I doing this I will work it out.

All the best with your sales
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Shelli,

Apart from all the spam in the thread, you may find that coupon codes work best when used in conjunction with your social media.

If I've got a sale on, I'll use a coupon code for twitter, one for forums outside of Etsy and another on a coupon sharing website, all for the same value. Then I can track where my sales are coming from.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.