Question For The Experts

Hi Everyone, I always find the best information here, thank you first of all for providing such valuable info.

I edited my titles and tags about a week ago. I've seen a drastic drop in my stats just in the last couple of days.

Does it take some time for changes to take effect and the search engines to crawl my changes? (I believe that the changes I've made would be considered positive changes - but maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm being impatient.)

Thank you.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Question For The Experts

Etsy finds your changes right away. It can take Google up to 4 weeks to find changes to an Etsy shop or other website.

There might be more competition for the new keywords from other Etsy sellers and your listings are getting lost in the crowd.

The new keywords might be too general. Using keywords that are too general can result in fewer views at first, also because of so much competition from other Etsy sellers.

The keywords you are using might not be used by shoppers. Do some keyword research to find the right balance of keywords that are used by shoppers. Google's Keyword Planner is a good place to find keywords that shoppers are using.

0 Likes

That is why I am not touching my tags whatsoever. I see it all the time, people spend a tons of time on tweaking their titles and tags and they drop in searches like a led balloon.
0 Likes
MarySuesJewels
Inspiration Seeker

Happy Easter weekend, Everyone. I went to follow a shop this morning and got this message "Whoa, you can't follow more people! You've reached the current limit. You can unfollow folks to make room for more." How can I increase my limit? Thanks!
0 Likes

I feel the same as you Robin, but from what I gather, you have to unfollow some shops then follow new ones. However, when I did some of that I still was unable to add any new shops. Very disappointing, as I do not like to unfollow anyone.
Happy Easter!
0 Likes
CorkCraftsClay
Inspiration Seeker

Hello.
Is it true that heart games affects ranking negatively?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Artur,

No. Hearts from Heart Games are ignored by Etsy.
0 Likes

I have a question. My sales are soooo much slower these days. It seems to have been on a downwards spiral since early this year. I have over 2000 sales and sell vintage, so I have been quite busy until the "changes" which I am not exactly sure what they are. It seems like listing new items and renewing no longer has much of an effect. Here are my questions if anyone has any ideas? Should I post to social media more? Will that help? If I do will it pop up other peoples shops? Should I do the paid ads? Does Etsy still put us in Google or do I need to do that myself somehow? Sorry for the long post, but I have been busy with an ill father and I do not know exactly what all has changed besides the actual Etsy pages that are totally different, stats, etc... Thanks!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.