Former_Member
New members, this is where you can officially introduce yourselves and let the team know a little about yourself and your shop!

We ask that this thread be limited to introductions and encourage you to visit the many other team threads to: ask questions, share, discuss, interact, promote and just have fun!

Thanks so much for joining us and WELCOME to the Relevancy and SEO for All Etsy Shops Team!

Re: Official "New Members Introduce Yourself" Thread!

Hi!
My name is Selena & i design/create bridal fascinators & veils.
I love what i do though seems that my pieces are being swallowed up by the other 22,000 bridal fascinators listed on etsy! Would love some help to stay relevant & learn more about SEO as i feel this is where im failing in :(
Hopefully i can also help other members, 2 heads are better than 1 right? :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Hi!
My name is Katy and I have been selling on Esty since Jan 2009. I started my shop because I had to move in with my mother when she developed sinus cancer and become her caregiver. This became my fulltime job. I have been very sucessful here until this month... I now have fewer sales so far this month than I did my first November. I joined this team to figure out what I am doing wrong and how I can improve! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi I'm a computer programmer (RoR) & ex-sheep farmer who enjoys spinning, knitting and eating the food my brother cooks. In my shop I sell gift packaging made from recycled paper and yarn ribbons I make myself. Looking forward to getting to know you all :).
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, My name is Rosalba, I love all types of Crochet. If you don't know what they are, here it is: Regular Crochet; Tunisian Crochet (my fave) & Croknit.
I havent put out any Croknit items yet because I want to get better. I truly love what I do and every piece is an original. thanks for looking
0 Likes

hi, i am Grace
i am one of the team leader here
welcome everyone & thanks for sharing :0)

i love to crochet & i knit once in a while normally at night
while watching TV
and checking on my etsy shop with my ipad
and snacking
and
did I say I was watching TV while doing all these AT THE SAME TIME ?

be sure to ask any question you may have
i am here most of the time
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey! I'm not sure if I'm an official member or not but I clicked the "Join" button. My name is Sarah, I love making jewelry and am looking forward to learning metal clay!
0 Likes

I am a jewelry designer and a stay at home mom to two preschool "Aspie" boys (Asperger's Syndrome sufferers for those who don't know what an "Aspie" is. It's a form of autism.) I am the women's minister at my church, and I have a lovely husband that works super hard so I can stay home with the kids. So I am very busy all of the time. So, if I don't always chime in on someone's thread, it's because I have my hands full. :)

I joined in hopes that maybe I can finally understand some of this stuff that is completely over my head and makes me want to cry because I just can't seem to get it. :) I have had some really harsh critiques in the past of my shop. I have worked as hard as I could on fixing what they told me, but I feel like I am still missing something.

Been on Etsy since April of 2009. I didn't do much with it until around August of the same year. Sales have been good, but I think they could be better. I am constantly trying to improve my shop. Jewelry is such a hard market here on Etsy, so I am looking for that "hook" to catch people. So, honest constructive criticism is always welcome.

Thanks
0 Likes

Hello!

I'm musician originally from upstate NY, and was a music teacher in MD for several years. I left my job as a teacher to move back to NY to be with my husband who owned his own successful graphic design business. After working for him for awhile, I picked up quite a bit, and really enjoyed designing so that's what brought me to selling here in March of this year. I still work for him (taking phone calls, scheduling, waiting on customers, etc), but I also get to have fun doing this when I'm not busy helping him out. :)

I'm really loving this new way of exploring my creativity, and I'm hoping it will help generate more income for our 1 income family. I'd love to learn more about SEO, because I feel like a lot of my products aren't getting found. I welcome any constructive criticism on my tags, titles, etc. !

- Amanda :)
0 Likes

Hello,

I love graphic design and have 3 etsy shops which are doing okay.. but I want them to do GREAT THINGS =)

Please check out my shops...
www.DigiFotosClipart.Etsy.com (clipart)
www.DigiFoto.Etsy.com (Business related graphics etc)
www.DigiPrintables.Etsy.com (Digital Printable files)
0 Likes
KandaceLalo
Inspiration Seeker

Hi all!

I'm Kandace or Kandee if you prefer. I wanted to just make a doll or two for my kids. It's become an addiction of sorts and people encouraged me to sell them. So that's what I'm trying! I want to learn more about marketing!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everybody!
My name is Dina, i studied art and fashion design. I love creating stuff, some years ago i started to knit and crochet and got addicted)
So i opened my shop on Etsy and happy about it, but i know too less about all this SEO marketing and advertisement stuff, and i get some critique about my shop that i need to improve all titles/description/announcement to get found.. So here i am) Will learn step by step..
0 Likes

Hi. My name is Beth and my shop is Bethies Cards.

I opened up shop at the end of Feb. of this year. I thought I was doing really well, sales were starting to really come in and then it pretty much stopped.

I would like someone to check on my tags and titles. I think I'm on the right track. I try to think like a buyer when I make the tags. I also read what the key words are in my stats.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Beth
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone,
I'm Nick; I'm from San Francisco and I opened my shop just under a week ago, I specialize in handmade jewelry. I have been spending about 10 hours a day on here learning and trying to figure out way to become a great etsy shop. I will probably be rolling out about 10 new items each week to start and hope that helps my views and gets that 1st sale. Anyway, I'm glad everyone on here has been so nice and supportive.
0 Likes

Hi all!
I opened my shop in September and have not had much luck with visitors and haven't had a sale yet. I joined hoping to get some insight into what I can do to attract more people to my shop. I will definitely be posting questions in the appropriate threads!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I'm Deanne and I'm obsessed with Snowflakes :) The Crystal Snowflake is my second Etsy shop. Just trying to keep up with the latest SEO tips.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the SEO Team. It's so very nice to meet you and see your great shops.

Beth, all our SEO Reviews are taken care of on our second team: http://www.etsy.com/teams/12637/seo-and-relevancy-reviews
0 Likes

Hi All,

I live in London, UK and newish to Etsy.
I'm glad I found this group, could certainly use some tips on hoe to generate traffic and sales.
0 Likes

Hello, I'm Debbie Brown and have been on Etsy for over 6 years. It feels like I need to start all over again with my shop. I've been changing a few title and a few tags over time, but want to to a complete rehaul after the 1st of the year. I used EtsyonSale to put free shipping in the front of each item which is bad, right?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I am Kathy
I opened my shop this month. While my duaghters were in high school, I went to college hoping to become empoloyed during the second stage of my life. Unfortunately that did not happen. After 2 years of looking, I decided to take my hobbies into the next level. I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing right now. Right now I am creating new products to add to my store. I am learning about SEO, titles, etc. I find it time consuming but enjoying the challenge. I am glad to be on this team and value all the advice given to others. Thanks, Kathy
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi...I am older in etsy years than a lot of the new members, have been here since March '08 I am over 650 sales, but would like to get them coming in faster, as I have a LOT of inventory that I haven't even listed! I've been working on the SEO stuff, and am averaging about 150 views a day...so maybe I can help others too.
anyway, my shop is a farmouse/primitive/rustic mix of handmades, upcycles, and vintage, with holiday items, handmade tags, home decor. I have two other shops as well, this is my busiest one, and the one I work on the most usually!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I'm Claire from the UK. I opened my shop selling hand dyed and embroidered purses and scarves and related items last year. I find the whole SEO thing incredibly confusing and although I keep tweaking and reading as much as I can I'm still not sure I've got it right!
Thanks for any help!
Claire
0 Likes

Hello, I'm Natasha ANSI just joined the team! I've been learning about SEO for the past year for writing. I'm still really new at trying to promote my Etsy shop and don't know how to begin marketing it and how to use SEO for a store. I look forward to learning from the group's more experienced members!
0 Likes

hello everyone
thanks for introducing yourselves

i love to hear all your " stories "
so amazing
0 Likes

Hello! My name is Angela and I am under the desert stars out here in Arizona. I am looking forward to helping promote other team members and learning more about SEO.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Linda and just joined the team. I make custom diaper cakes, gift tags, lily flowers, pinwheels, and mini note cards. Looking forward to learning more about SEO.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.