Former_Member
ASK SEO AND RELEVANCY QUESTIONS HERE FOR YOUR ETSY SHOP OR YOUR OWN WEBSITE

READ THROUGH OUR LAST Q&A THREAD IF YOU LIKE, OR JUST POST YOUR QUESTION ON THIS THREAD:

https://www.etsy.com/teams/11352/relevancy-and-seo-for-all-etsy-shops/discuss/12972720/

### PLEASE DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.WITH YOUR QUESTIONS ###

DO NO POST ANY PROMOTIONS ON THIS THREAD. YOU CAN USE ONE OF OUR PROMOTION THREADS FOR YOUR OWN PROMOTIONS.

WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH ANSWERS WITHIN 24 HOURS, USUALLY SOONER.

HKart1
Inspiration Seeker

Re: NEW: SEO and Relevancy Q & A Discussion

Jump to solution
Hi,
I was selling my jewelry at a certain slow pace, that suited me.
Recently views and sales have decreased considerably with no change of my part, I believe.
Could I get some advice for improvement...
Thank you.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
How do I get more traffic at my shop.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have definitely noticed a dramatic decline in sales this year (down by 40% over the same period last year) and now my views are dropping. I haven't changed what I've been doing, so I can only guess that its something Etsy is doing differently. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am enjoying reading through these threads and learning--a lot! I have some questions, though.
When you say we should track our keywords, is this done through Google Adwords? If not, is there another way (other than to manually enter them on a spreadsheet). Google Adwords is very dry, technologically based and not user friendly for us not-on-the-computer-hourly sort of folks. I don't work on computers for a living, like I used to, so I'm rusty.
Also, if the ranking for our keywords is high, doesn't that bury us in competition with others?
And lastly, don't algorithms change with the programmers who create them? So wouldn't all this be for naught at one point or another?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but how important is it to have your shop name in your tags? Is it worth using a valuable tag space for your shop name?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Aunt Mayme

I believe you can track your keywords through your stats page. Set it to ALL TIME to find out your most popular keywords.

As far as Google Adwords, it's pretty easy once you do it a few times. You can download keywords from Adwords, but those keywords pertain to the all keyword ideas and the AD Group ideas for all the times someone used to find something. Although useful, it doesn't keep track of your shop's stats for most popular keywords.

As far as ranking in keywords, the best keywords are long tail keywords--more like a short phase that consists of 3-4 or more words. These usually rank pretty low, but are very specific. This is the best for getting a sale. Buyers by this time know what they want and will use a long tail keyword to achieve that result.

I'm not a computer savvy person either. In fact, I'm just an at-home grandma taking care of my grandchildren. I'm always learning though.

I don't know if this helps, but I'm sure Mary can answer your other questions or can give you more detail than me.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Sunny,

As far as Google is concerned, it's not necessary to put your name in your tags. It's already there within the listing title on Google. As far as Etsy is concern, it's a nice way to have people find your shop, IF they can remember it. In my opinion, it's not necessary for all your items to have your shop name, but perhaps some could have it. I have done this when I'm lacking for keywords, especially when I'm doing Spanish keywords.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
As I thought. Thanks for the response!
0 Likes
jahannamartinez
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Hi Mary, I purchased your guidebook awhile back and it worked great for me. My sales were doing great and keep on getting better till this past March then my sells and views dropped drastically I am trying my best with everything and just joined the group Flourish that you recommended which seems to be great so far. Do you have any insight to why this could be happening. Thanks
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
JoHanna,

Please send me a PM through the Flourish FB Group. I have to close this thread for a while.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Due to family illness and a lot of orders to work on I am having a hard time finding time to answer your questions. This SEO thread is unfortunately closed for a while.

In the meantime, please use coupon code SEOTEAM20 for the SEO guidebook in my Etsty shop:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/61064793/seo-help-seo-optimizaion-guide-for-etsy
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.