Maybe a shot in the dark?

This is my second shop on Etsy. I closed my first down because of a country change. I sold the same things. I was doing well and made a great income that I stayed home and sewed. I re opened the shop I have now, under the same name (just added "shop") to the end. I did great again with all my repeat customers following me. I picked up new followers and started off right where I ended the old shop. 

Great! .. or so I thought. I have tanked.. I am lucky if I am getting 30 % of what I did previously. This even with new items, new styles, following the changes with SEO, updates.. list goes on and on. I just cannot beleive it is me that has the issue of not doing as well as previously. 

So now I am wondering.. I use often the "copy" button when I list new items. I change a few things pertaining to the new item, but since I sell pretty much the exact same thing, other than the print of fabric, I figured copy is the fastest and easiest way to go.  BUT.. using the copy button may mean that the copied listing is not factoring into the Etsy system the same way a "new" listing would? Could this be the reason of lack of views? It seems the only views I get are on items that I originally set up, and not a "copy" version. 

Anyone have thoughts on this? I have looked on stats, but it really doesn't reveal much to me. But maybe this could be the reason of no views and sales anymore. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply

Re: Maybe a shot in the dark?

I do the same thing as you and click the copy button.  I never gave it a thought.  Although I find if I have several items to list.  It's better to just list 2 or 3 a day, then 12 at once.  It seems when I do list a few items that I usually get a sale that day.  Who can figure out how things work anymore.   I'm like you sales are way down since all of Etsy's Useless changes.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.