I'll start this off!
My name is Barbara. I live in the beautiful Gatineau Park in Quebec, Canada. I take my inspiration from the area surrounding my home. I'm a mother of 2 young children and together with my super awesome husband, we create some amazing stuff. I paint and create jewelry, and he creates music. (We also have day jobs)

Re: Tell me a little about yourself!

Hello! I'm Stephanie, I'm from Vancouver, Canada. I started crafting after graduating university and found myself with too much time on my hands. I make hand painted mugs, wine and shot glasses, and other kitchen essentials. I love crafting and sharing it with others! My shop is etsy.com/shop/thespottedlife :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
VintageOpenHome
Inspiration Seeker

We are a mother-daughter team who love being creative with vintage items that we find in our travels. In addition to up-cycling our vintage goods, we love to create our own new products for the home and for kids. We live with our families in Connecticut and started our etsy shop last year.
0 Likes

Good morning! My name is Claudia and I am a teacher trying to get my Etsy store off the ground. I live in the Philadelphia suburbs with my husband and blended family. I have had my own photography business since 2010 and I paint and make polymer clay jewelry in my free time. I am the proud owner of a brand new artificial knee. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone, i'm wayan from bali, indonesia. I'm newbie on etsy, i was open shop on etsy, i sell organic jewelry like earrings and stud earrings. Thanks and have a great day,,, :) and visit my shop www.etsy.com/shop/balikawi
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey everyone!

My name is Kristiana, I'm 22 years old and I just recently opened a soap shop here on etsy! I am super excited about it. I am currently attending Coastal Carolina University (this is my senior year), and I am a Marine Biology major, GO SCIENCE! I am originally from Burlington, NJ.

I decided to start making and selling soap in between cramming for exams and the massive amounts of homework I have to do. I have come to realize that it is very relaxing and a great hobby to have, not to mention how great my apartment always smells!

But anyway, I need some help getting followers and having people become interested in my products. So if any of you fellow etsy sellers have some time, take a look at my shop and let me know what you think! I think your feed back and suggestions will help me out.

Also, if anyone wants to help and promote my shop on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc... I will do the same in return (:

I look forward to hearing from some of you!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am new to Etsy and to business in general. My 13 year old daughter came to me after the shootings in Paris and told me she wanted to do something for the victims' families. I couldn't help but be impressed and want to help her in this. She designed the tshirt you will see in my shop, Seek4Peace, and we plan on creating many more things to promote love in the world. Once we are off the ground and in the black, we'll set up a trust fund to pay for scholarships for the children of those killed by violence and terrorism. Please check out this initial offering, fave it, buy it, and share it. The support is appreciated!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/267695998/love-is-greater-than-hate-t-shirt-seek-4?ref=shop_home_active...
0 Likes

I opened my Etsy shop last week! I live in Lincoln, NE where I have been the "AFLAC lady" for the past 16 years and counting. As a hobby I started making jewelry a couple of years ago and found my sports jewelry to be in high demand among family and friends. My first order came about strictly by accident when we had some friends from the east coast roll into Omaha during the College World Series for a baseball tournament. Pam commissioned me to make baseball necklace and earrings sets for all the other moms which they wore to all of the team's games. Well the team ended up winning the tournament and so "Lucky Necklaces" was born! (Though here on Etsy I'm ALuckyNeclace.)

I'm still working all the kinks out but I'm hoping to offer discounted sports jewelry sets for teams and groups to use as fundraisers. As my boys were growing up I remember having to sell a gazillion tons of candy, cookie dough, pizzas and all kinds of things for different fundraisers because the profit margins were so low.....I keep thinking, wouldn't it be nice if I could come up with something that could net a high margin so a kid could hit their goal with only 5 or 6 sales?

I'm really looking forward to learning how to use social media and to connecting with people all over the world! Obviously I love sports and, you guessed it, my favorite team is the Nebraska Cornhuskers.....Go Big Red!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My name's Ish and I make magnets! I just joined Etsy as a seller this January as part of my NY's resolution to really go for my dream of being able to sell these magnets and bring some inspiration and laughter to people. I'm excited to see where this goes!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I'm Andi and I'm from Wilmington North Carolina. I just opened my etsy shop a few days ago. My passion is pencil/colored pencil drawings. I do a lot of psychadelic type work...it's just what I love!! Any advice on how to better display my works in my shop or how to succeed on here would be greatly appreciated!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello there!

I am Stephanie and I'm from Texas. I am married have FIVE boys! My youngest are twins and were a surprise altogether! I worked a "normal" job until I went on bedrest with them and then I became a stay at home mom once they were born. They are 5 years old and now I don't want to go back to a "normal" job!

I have always LOVED doing anything crafty, even as a child, but I never thought about doing it for income. I made a few wooden signs for my home and friends saw my pictures on Facebook and started asking if I'd make them things. Then they pushed (strongly encouraged) me to step out and try my hand at it as a business.

So here I am trying it!! I opened my Etsy store last spring but didn't really do much with it. My goal this year is to work at it and be consistent.

As far as products go, I have done a variety of things (not all are on Etsy), and would say I haven't really found a niche yet. I have done several hand painted signs (not vinyl) from reclaimed wood, recycled jersey infinity scarves, door hangers, custom decorative letters and blocks.

I am very happy to have stumbled upon these teams (how did I go this long not knowing they even existed?) as I have been feeling like quite the beginner here! And I'm wondering if some of the issues I am having or feeling are normal just starting out. But I have met some great Etsy sellers just recently that have been very encouraging!

Anyhow... that's a little bit about me and I appreciate you reading this!
0 Likes

Stephanie,
Yes. It's totally normal to have a slow start. Especially at this time of year. Don't get discouraged! There is lots of help offered in this team and more to come.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I am new to Etsy (not even a whole day). My name is Jonathan and im from New Jersey. I am sixteen years old and have been woodworking since i was about 12 or so. My dad is in the construction business which has allowed me to explore my interests for free. Now that im serious about woodworking and would like some new tools i turned to Etsy in order to make this a "high school" job.

So I decided to make some rustic home decor/furniture...

I have a question about how to deal with taxes both sales and income. Any advice?
FYI I do plan on meeting with a local CPA
0 Likes

Hello Etsy friends! I'm Shannon and live and work in beautiful Calgary, Alberta. Having just completed a Master's degree I felt the need to give the right side of my brain a little love and have picked up my camera and set to work with my love of graphic design to open BabyBird Creative. All my work is available for digital download and can then be used to customize posters, cards, gift items - really anything that Shutterfly, Zazzle or another print shop can put together. Original photographs and design work including an ever growing collection of design work that makes an excellent addition to a gallery wall are my two main focus at this point in time.

I've also started blogging and doing some creative, freelance consulting on the side. I'm building my side hustle while working full time, being a mama to a 2 year old and wife to my awesome hubby. Like a lot of you - creativity inspires, calms and gives me space to think - and that's why I'm pursuing it so passionately.

Visit me at:

www.etsy.com/shop/babybirdcreative
www.babybirdcreative.com
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone my name is Tamie and I'm from Michigan. I create inspirational wooden signs that are unique and colorful for children ages 10-18 who are athletes and non athletes and I create quilted tree skirts. All of my products can be customized.
I joined Etsy to share my products to help inspire our youth and to give joy to others. I enjoy seeing everyone beautiful products and do appreciate all of you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,
I'm Teresa, a mother of 2 living on the west coast of Ireland.
I started The Stamping Block on Facebook in May last year and Etsy soon after.
Love seeing my makes go all over the world! :-)
0 Likes

Just joined! New to selling on Etsy but Ive been an addict of this site for years and years. Love buying treasures I find out here. Trying to support my fellow sellers now. Here is a link to my shop. I make handmade leather creations and metal stamped items. I have horses and love to trail ride which got me into leathercraft and tooling leather. always loved hand stamped, personalized jewelry / accessories so I got into that also since it went along nicely with leather. Thanks for your support! Anxious to check out and <3 all of your shops too to help get your items out there also.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/lorisleatherandmetal?ref=hdr_shop_menu
0 Likes

Hi everyone!
My name is Gina, live in bright and sunny Phoenix, Az. I have a wonderful family (hubby, baby, 2 teens & dog). My family is my inspiration! I love being creative, love to hike and love nature.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone:)
my name is MaryRose nice to meet you all!
i am new to etsy and new to this team, glad to join:)
Feel free to check out my shop!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/artCUSTOMIZEDforYOU
0 Likes
DrVorobev
Inspiration Seeker

Hi there!
My name is Pavel and I live in a little town of Kostroma in Russia. It's an ancient and that's why very beautiful town. I seek inspiration in everything that surrounds me everyday - first of all my wife and my three amazing kids. Hope to make somebody happy with my jewelry things :)
0 Likes
KiwiTime
Registered Buyer

Hi all!

I'm Helen and I live in the Bay Area in California. I studied animation in college and recently graduated. Although I'm working an advertising job now, I still keep crafts and art close to my heart. I've just started an Etsy store yesterday and would love any suggestions you've got!

I also have a personal portfolio site at: www.shiqyun.com if anyone's interested in taking a look :) Thanks everyone!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MoonsOnClouds?ref=hdr_shop_menu
0 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Beverly from Minnesota. I have been married for 48 years. We have 7 grown children and 17 grandchildren. I am a 13 year cancer survivor. My cancer was found early enough which was a blessing. I enjoy baking, cooking, sewing, miniature horses, and most of all family. Having a large family and only one income I know a lot about using coupons. I wanted to come up with a Coupon Holder that held a lot of coupons yet wasn't bulky. I have just started to make Key Fobs to match. The hardest part of this is getting people to find your site. Obviously it sounds like I might be the grandma on this team. It was one of my customers that told me to join a team. So here I am. Anyone with ideas on how to improve my shop I would appreciate. I am not always satisfied with my pictures so any ideas are welcome. Thanks for letting me join this team. Even though I have been at this a while there is still so much I need to learn. Tha
0 Likes

Thanks Bev
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, My name is Brandi. I am from a small cow town out in Southern MA. I am a young mother to three beautiful children! I am a stay at home mother to my youngest who is going to be 2 in a few months! I love being creative and designing things. I enjoy being able to stay home and watch my little ones grow!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello dear friends
I'm Esma, from a crowded city İstanbul/Turkey. Probably you heard this city before. We have different traditional handicraft on almost every city.
I can not call traditional to my material, mostly i work with clear resin. After several years now i have a small cute studio and work with my son Yiğit. I'm quite new here but i already learn too much things from you people. Thank you very much in advance. I wish to everyone great productive days!! Cheers
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.