Former_Member
Hi guys, I thought it'll be nice to have a thread for just random ramblings so we can all get to know each other!

So, lets start with, what do you all buy on etsy? I just received a soap order, waiting for another 2. Looking for body butter and solid lotion bar, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I love waiting for parcels! 7 more!

Re: Random chat NO PROMO

Hey Heather congratulations what wonderful news. Lovely name.We can drive each other mad baby this and baby that. William is doing great, he is still swimming mad off from the side now scares my to heck. 18 months where did that go?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Oh Pam, that is sad news. Hugs to you.
0 Likes

***HUGS*** Pamela!
0 Likes
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

Sad to hear Pamela. It is hard to lose your Mum at any age; just remember she is always with you in everything you do. I catch myself thinking, saying and doing things and think 'oh, heavens, that's just like like Mum' :)
0 Likes

Sorry to hear the news Pamela. I hope the funeral and all goes well.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

oh pamela, so sorry for you.
0 Likes

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts, it means allot to me. My daughter came over from Australia ( a trip she had arranged before Mum passed) it was so lovely to have her there. She's off back to Aus today.
Gosh guys how this year has flown. Are you all busy? I hope so. Heather how are things going? How is your little one do you see her allot? I don't know about you but I would go nuts without good old skype. C. Girl hpw are you are you healing OK?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

glad to see you back, freckles

my grand-daughter has been an absolute life-saver recently, I've been really stressed and cuddling a baby is the best therapy ever! my mother is in hospital after yet another fall, she's fractured the top two vertebrae (in fact, not just fractured but shattered to bits!) so is in a halo neck brace. don't google it unless you're feeling strong. so my days include driving an hour (if I'm lucky) to pick up her partner, half an hour back to the hospital, queueing for the carpark (today's q was a world champ, it took me 75 minutes from start of q to the ward) then half an hour back to their home, then often 2 hours to drive home because I catch all the traffic.

so stopping off to cuddle the baby has been a real boon!
0 Likes

Nifty, that sounds like a nightmare.
0 Likes

Oh hell Heather that's bad why are hospital car parks so badly designed? Even the park and ride ones are a nightmare. Sorry about your poor mum she must be in so much pain. All that driving about is tiring too. I bet you look forward to your special cuddles. Will you have to look after your mum when she comes home that will be a big job?
Oh just a thought make sure the staff give your mum lots to drink, you don't want her getting a water infection. They plonk the water at the side where the poor patients can't reach it. Take care H and enjoy your time with the baby. XX
0 Likes

Oh your poor Mum Heather, and poor you too. Those hospital car parks are ridiculous. And all that driving too. Thank goodness for Lois!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Team mates ;-)... I could really use some quick help on how to list/charge a customer additional shipping fee. An international buyer purchased an item that only listed a U.S. shipping fee. The listing stated that international buyers should contact me for a shipping quote prior to purchase, but the buyer did not want to risk someone else buying the item so purchased it straight off.
Looking at the new listing page - it's really only designed for items or supplies for sale. I am hoping someone can advise me how to do a listing so that my buyer can pay for the additional shipping cost. Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sorry - I just realized I posted in the wrong thread.

So sorry Pamela. I know what you are going through is very difficult. My Mom's health had been declining over the past year. In the last 4 months - she has had a couple of falls and had dislocated her shoulder and was in the hospital for a few days. After that last fall, she had been mostly bed bound. Due to her failing health - she had another stay in the hospital a few weeks ago. She came back home with hospice care. My mother passed away this past Sunday. I know she is still with me... but I miss her physical presence. I had not planned on sharing this with anyone today.... as I am trying to keep myself busy and catch up on months of being behind on just about everything. However, maybe fate lead me to post in this thread this morning. I wish you all good health and strong spirits. Sending you a smile and a hug Pamela... stay strong.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

So sorry to hear about your mother Heather... and for the toll that it will take on you as well. If I could send you some chi across the ocean I would... although I have very little these days. Quiet moments with a hot cup ... helps me a bit. ;-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

thanks Dee, and everyone. Seems like we're all going through it. Pamela - too late, she's already had an infection, and now is complaining about being "made" to drink. I guess it's sort of a blessing in disguise that I haven't been able to knit for months owing to tennis elbow, so my shop is in hibernation. just as well, I wouldn't cope with that as well.

may life improve for us all!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

just changed my av as the previous one had sold - when did etsy change the instructions for avatars to "this must clearly show your smiling face"???? I'm not at all a fan of personal portrait avatars (FOR ME) - I know it's a contentious issue which always causes arguments between the pro and con lobbies, but I've never seen that before!
I do of course like nosing at YOUR personal pic avatars!!
0 Likes

I think it's a very recent thing Nifty. My photo is 5 years old - it's the one I gave to 'Lets Knit' magazine when they did a feature on me! I was going to get a more recent one taken but my hair is now much greyer and if I have to look at my face every day in my shop, I'd rather con myself into thinking I am the younger version!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'd noticed yours mandy, we share a hairstyle though I'm greyer from the front and sides....strangely still dark at the back. "real" photos like yours I can appreciate, but I do question some of the very very glam avatars, unless of course you're selling cosmetics when it makes sense. I think my favourite avatar is crochetgal's because it shows one of her lovely shawls really well and clearly contains the artist too - but necessarily from the back.
0 Likes

I had thought that once buyers see a photo of a real person they might be more inclined to leave feedback, but that hasn't happened to me so far.
0 Likes

Hi guys silly O'Clock getting up today GGRR. The stars are ammmazzzboms this morning I wish I could show you the view from the house too. The lake and the valley has a mist over it and the village lights are throwing up onto it. Just beautiful. It's still dark here until after 8 am. Never get used to that.
Heather how is your Mum. Is she still having problems drinking, it's so hard to get them to understand the need for liquids. My thoughts on this after having so many animals in my life is .. They know. Hard but true. Unfortunately us humans aren't as accepting as the animal kingdom. We tried every trick in the book to get mum to drink at the end of the day you can't make them. I hope she is feeling better Heather, many heart felt thoughts to you over the miles. XXX
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks freckles, it's pretty grim. she's making life even harder for herself than it needs to be, and treating Les (her partner) and myself as though we should be honoured to spend our days traipsing across the county to sit and be moaned at in her room. I know it's hard for her, but could she not spare a single moment to consider how hard it is for us, too?

I suppose not. There is a very down-to-earth physio who has told her that there is nothing she can do to change her situation, all she can do is change the way she approaches it - and he also told her that many of the residents hardly get a visitor ever, so she needs to be nice to me and Les!!
0 Likes

Good for him,what an allie he will be over the next few weeks. I wish I could tell you she will settle but sadly Mum never did really. Although, try hiding before you go in they are much better when we are not there. I got so upset one day she kept saying what have I done wrong Pam why am I here I want to go home. She was always pleased to see me, but once said to my niece I don't know why you bother, you just sit there. Good job she understood. I felt so guilty. One of the staff took me aside and said just watch from here. Mum was having a nice chat with a lady who didn't know what day or month it was but that didn't bother Mum. She was fine. little tinker. It's the water infection Heather it turns the most placid woman into a horror. Have a look on the dementia help site the forums on there help a little just seeing that lots of people are going through the same. Gets a bit much so don't spend too long there. How's the little one doing?
0 Likes

I have a question may be a silly one.
I picked a kitschy plastic souvenir from Lourdes in France. Is one of those plastic bottles in the shape of Maria or a religious image. And is full with "holly water" or so.
I just checked PostNL site about "International Mailing Restrictions and Limitations" and they show some general NO WAY and then a list depends on the country of destination. When it comes to liquids they talk about "Flammable liquids". No list mentions "holly water".

Will be OK to listed here on Etsy?
Any thoughts about it?
Thanks in advance, Fran.
0 Likes

If you search 'holy water' (please note correct spelling) in Etsy you will see there are some people selling the container and in some cases the water https://www.etsy.com/uk/search?q=holy%20water
This doesn't mean it is ok so you should check the Etsy guidelines on prohibited goods https://www.etsy.com/legal/prohibited
And if it is allowed you should then read this thread to see where you are allowed to mail it to. https://www.etsy.com/teams/7654/etsy-international/discuss/8806161/page/1?ref=team_page
0 Likes

Mandy thank you for your information!
Fran.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.