Former_Member
Not applicable

Need EG help

Hi, hope everyone had a great weekend.

So, I was noticing how poor my sales stats have been for April, especially since there was a holiday in there. I'm looking for some input and I thought the English Geeks of Etsy could lend a thought or two.

What ways have you tried to generate more exposure (and possibly more sales) for your shops? Has there been any kind of advertising that's worked for you? Any thoughts or help would be great.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Need EG help

Hi - the weekend was great! All that unexpected sun was amazing. I did see a drop off in sales though for the Easter weekend and am wondering if others sw the same?

I use Facebook ads, and while they seem to bring in a reasonably steady flow of sales generally, I'm not sure they are effective during UK holiday periods. I'm guessing a lot of people have taken advantage of the full 11 days off work to go on holiday.

It might be worth trying a facebook ad? The good thing about them is you can target quite well with them and also set your daily amount of spend depending on click through rate.

Hope this is helpful and that sales pick up soon.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

When there's a sudden burst of fine weather less people want to shopping on their computer. There aren't too many big holidays coming up either.

I keep my blog and try to get on any blog feature I can. I advertise on Tumblr, I stay active in the forums and through word of mouth. This week I'm sending some things off to YouTube reviewers.

I don't know, sometimes sales pick up or drop off out of the blue. Keep trying.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you both so much. These are definitely some great things to think about.

Bookity, I was thinking about using Facebook ads, but it seemed a little confusing the way it was explained on FB. Do you pay them per click or do you set a limit that they stop at? I'm working with a college student budget and it seemed like you needed a good sized advertising budget to begin with. Has it seemed pretty flexible to you?

Thank you both again so much. Can't wait to try these out and good luck with your shops as well.
0 Likes
stitchingbevy
Inspiration Seeker

Online sales have been super-slow for a while. We are going to start doing in-person events. In May, we'll be selling stuff at our local Art Walk. I think it will be a better option than general craft shows which seem to attract those seeking really cheap prices. Art shows attract a crowd looking for unique items. We'll see!
I suspect that most of the sellers who do pretty well also do in-person shows. I also think the strategy of getting published in magazines and featured in real blogs, not ones with followers of 25 people, are the way to go.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Do you use google analytics? I used them to determine what times of day most people seem to be visiting my shop and then I try to list one new item or relist something at that time every day. It has upped my fees but it also upped my sales.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.