Shop Critique/ Suggestions

How to improve your shop ?

Post a link to your store ♥

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
27 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Shop Critique/ Suggestions

1 Like

Afroditi - I will look over your shop and send you a private message critique!
0 Likes

0 Likes

Hi Afroditi , at first - you need Professional images if you want to sell

handmade & gift for her are not good tags .

Look for a store that sells similar items

Be inspired from other

Here is one shop that i found for you :

https://www.etsy.com/il-en/listing/563115939/

After improving images

Open social networks start with : pinterest

This is for now ...from me .
0 Likes

Sent critique convo.

0 Likes

I do appreciate it, however, I was not able to find the critique.  Is the convo supposed to be conversations, that's where I looked.  Hope I am not just having a 'blond moment", LOL

Dawn Johnecheck

NATURALLIE YOURS

0 Likes

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NaturallieYours

I would happily accept constructive criticism.  I tried improving tags and pictures and a couple other things.  I went from 5-10 views daily to absolute zero.  I am working in a very small space, a 14ft cargo trailer because I live in an RV.  Getting good pics has been difficult but I have improved them a bit and video has not been an option.  Used to live in a decent size house.  Sold the house to move across the country to be near our children.  I now live in a 34ft RV and my shop is a 14ft cargo trailer.  It has been an interesting transition and am still figuring out ways to make things work, like going to my friends to make my soaps when it is too cold to work outside in my shop (plan on insulting it soon).

Anyway, I love what I do and do pretty good at local markets but have been struggling here on Etsy.  Help, please.  Either way, I don't plan on giving up anytime soon. Would be nice to start getting more sales, have only had a handful so far and lately, stats tanked completely.

Thank you 

Dawn Johnecheck

NATURALLIE YOURS

0 Likes

Yeah - finally figured out how to reply... boy this is cumbersome!

First - thank you for your critique. I've been able to add a banner and a profile pic that better represents our shop, plus correct the verbiage you pointed out. I so appreciate that. Still need to go back and correct those fuzzy and too bright pics. Tried to get the right color for the stones and in doing so messed some of the pics up.

I took a look at your shop - first, please put a Happy Picture of your self up for your shop. That is the first thing I saw... and it does make an impression. Then on your pictures, they need more light to show up better. I've been playing with an app called FotoFuze (and yes need to adjust a few of my "Wow - too bright pics")... but it is an app offered by Etsy and is free and may be just enough to lighten your pictures up. I like your products, especially the fact that they are natural. Look at the first paragraph of your shop description... might be able to tweak it a bit as you suggested with mine so it reads a bit better.

Otherwise I'd say keep on adding to your shop items and hang in there.

Thank you again for your help and honesty -

Donna  (BudnDonna)

1 Like

1 Like

I thought your shop was very well put together. The only thing I found on the downside was this line under processing times. The wording is a bit confusing.  Everything else was pretty clear and straight forward.

"We will, however, we will always ship try to ship the orders as soon as possible."

I really like hearing that your husband is military (thank him for his service.  My dad, uncles, brother in law and oldest son were all military).  I also like that your products are vegan.  Both my son sons are vegan so I learned a bit about it. I am not personally a vegan most of my products are.  I really like that you talk about your family working together in your business, gives your store a nice warm feel.  I don't personally know anyone using essential in their candles, that too is awesome.  Your pictures are clear and bright.  

I am still fairly new at forms and still working at getting my own shop set up properly.  Hope to get mine looking as good as yours.  Been working on a dime out of a 14 ft cargo trailer while living in an RV.  It has been an interesting journey.  Looks like you and yours have it pretty well set up.  I see that your showing as just starting your Etsy shop but it looks like you have been doing candles and business for a while.

May God Bless You Greatly

Dawn Johnecheck

NATURALLIE YOURS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NaturallieYours or type naturallieyours, no spaces, no caps, in Etsy space bar

If you wouldn't mind giving me some constructive criticism.  My shop is still pretty rough, always trying to improve.  Really will not be insulted in the least by advice.  Wish you continued success. 

0 Likes

Would love a critique / suggestions please.... www.http:/Etsy.com/shop/BydnDonna

thank you!

1 Like

Short sweet and to the point, easy to read. This line under about it a little difficult to read.  Other than that everything seems pretty clear.  

"My husband and myself have always been involved in art of one kind or another. His love us working with wood and turning items such as his owns, bottle stoppers, pizza cutters or ice cream scoops has produced some really nice results."

You both do beautiful work.  Used to cut and polish with my dad and really enjoyed it, my dad is a rock hound and some of that rubbed off on me.  I was never the same caliber as you.  Never got to learn the wire or silver work.  Most of your pictures appear clear and show your work off nicely.  I did come across a couple that the images were a bit blurred and maybe to much glare.  They were "Seraphinite Pendant" & "

Rutilated Quartz Wire Wrapped Cabochon..."

.  I didn't go through everything you have a lot of items and I didn't have time.  

Have you thought about using a banner at the top of the page?  It may add a whole other dimension to your shop.  I think overall your shop looks really good.  I am, by no means an expert and it is usually easier to spot things in someone else's shop then my own.  I myself have a lot of things I am working on and definitely understand how difficult it can be to make products and get your shop just right.  For me, sometimes it can seem a bit overwhelming.  I try to make sure to do something every day to better my products and my shop.  Sometimes it a few minutes, other times it a few hours.  Whatever I can handle that day.  Sometimes, though I know there is much that needs to be done, I have to remind myself, "the world won't end" if I don't get everything done.  

Things I have read say that filling out everything you can for your shop and using all available pictures is supposed to help.  As I said I am not an expert.  Learning a lot myself, still pretty new.  If you can give my shop a critique as well I would much appreciate it.  I know I have much to improve and will not be the least bit offended by any constructive criticism.  https://www.etsy.com/shop/NaturallieYours  or type naturallieyours in the Etsy search bar.  No spaces or caps.

May God Bless You Greatly & I wish you continued success. 

Dawn Johnecheck

NATURALLIE YOURS

0 Likes

www.bijou-trends.com

My shop is very new but growing however I have 20 items listed and not one sale on Etsy. I’ve tried to even mark down my prices thinking maybe they were too high. I’ve learned to make my images better, I offer free shipping and Easy Returns. Is it my products? Tags? SEO? I don’t know..  

0 Likes

Hello, 

my shop link is https://www.etsy.com/shop/SissiWorld/

Alredy almost 2 years working on the shop. I did a lot and still feel frustrated that something is wrong and not sufficient. 

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Likes
wickandfiber
Inspiration Seeker

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hrllo... I just opened my shop in December. My views are climbing but my only 2 sales are from people I know and we routedthem through my shop.I am constantly working on tags, descriptions, photos. Any suggestions what I may be able to do better to get some sales?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AmbrosiaCreativRealm?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

I also created a Pattern shop and obtained a domain name....

ambrosiascreativerealm.com 

Myra

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes
RubinaEm
Inspiration Seeker

0 Likes

Hi,

My store is Offbeat Order. I am looking for constructive criticism please! Thank you :) 

0 Likes

Hi I'm NakedArtStudio  please have a look and critique, it would be much appreciated  Thanx x

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.