Former_Member
I live in Tampa, retired and love to create and design using clipart.
NikiKnitsStore
Inspiration Seeker

Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOUR SELF AND SHOP!

Hi, my name is Nihal. I am from Turkey and I knit sweet colorful sweaters. 

This is my shop link, take a look 🥰: 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NikiKnitsStore

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

"Every good artist paints what he is" Jackson Pollock. This holds true not just with painting but all types of artistry. A hand knit scarf is a work of art to the person who made it. Hopefully whatever we are making by hand and selling is a work of art to us and our buyer.

I'm Sue of firstladysurprises. Every item is a surprise both to me and to the buyer. I see something that calls my name and have to do something special with it. My main area is sewing but I also paint (on many of my projects), I never know when I start a project how it will turn out.! Ideas come to me as I create my project. Right now I am on purses. 2 weeks ago I was on knitted scarfs. Next I have to finish off some children's robes.
As you can see. I jump around and nothing with fabric is off limits. As a result, I rarely make the same thing twice. I consider each piece to be a work of art on its own.

I received a large amount of clothes since my daughters house burned to the ground at Christmas. Thats what got me started., I saw the donated clothes that neither of them could wear and thought "fabric, I can do something with those". Its not very often a peice of denim calls your name at night and gives you the design idea of how to use it.'['

I create my own patterns, paint ideas, make my own stencils, and try hard to think outside the box for a design. I try to use as much upcycleced or recycles fabrics that I can. I am a thrift store addict In our area there are many, many rich people who retire from up north and then decide the stuff they brought with them doesn't work here. Our thrift stores are better than most department stores! That's also how most items are one of a kind. I only have so much of a fabric to use.

I am a disabled RN from an accident. I started sewing and painting again to help with the rehabilitation to regain use of my right arm. Its been along time and I still don't have full use. Sewing, crocheting, knitting, paper making, designing all help me use my arm and my creative inner self. I haven't opened my shop yet. I have a goal of 100 pieces of inventory before I open.

A portion of all sales will benefit two local organizations that help provide emergency funds to keep the electricity on or provide low cost medical care to those without any other access to medical care.

My store name, firstladysurprises comes from 2 things. I , every item is a surprise and 2, while other countries may have a queen, in the USA we have a firstlady. I feel that every woman should be the first lady of her life

I live in a tiny condo on the beach on a small island in South Carolina USA. I have a new husband, a German Shepard and 3 cats. My daughters, my 13 year old granddaughter and her friends, my 88 year old mother and my best friend Glitzy (yes the name fits her) are all part of my design team. They help me decide on a product and how to do the final decorating to it., I might make a purse and they might say "you need to do this to it" which may not be what I had in mind.

I hope you don't mind a newbie joining your team. I have been following it and it is helping me to learn about how to run an Etsy business. . It also teaches me many things about design and see what other people make.
4 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello there!
I am a college student at Asbury University near Lexington, KY. I am not an art major, however I love art and creating it!
Recently, I have really gotten into my art and selling to friends and family so I decided to sell on here! So far no sales, but not giving up hope.
It was put on my heart to donate some of the profits to a charity, and more info can be found on my shop page.
Thanks for inviting me Janice! I really appreciate it! :)
7 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone, here ist Jenny, in our family we have been working as tailor for 3 generations, we have our local tailor and one shop for our clothing, happily we can start to sell our products here on Etsy. welcome to my shop and need your suggestion and advice :-) many thanks. Jenny.
5 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome Jenny! I will post some of your items on my Pinterest board.

Flo
5 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone! I'm from Long Island, New York and photography is my passion. I started taking photos with my husband at the dragway where my brother raced his car. The track has long since closed, but the love for photography is still there. So many of my friends encouraged me to try and sell my photos, so I decided since there are such wonderful things on Etsy, I would give it a go. Hope you like my work. Thank you for looking!
6 Likes

Hi i love photography. Best wishes to you on etsy!

www.TabollaWareCabinet.etsy.com

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome to everyone! Glad to have you! The more you ♥ the more exposure YOUR shop gets in the feed.
5 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Tim. I actually work in a number of media, but trees are a recurring them of my work. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/728160674/tree-of-life-on-turquoise-slab-pendant

https://www.etsy.com/listing/742003285/wire-tree-sculpture

1 Like

Hello, I am new to Etsy but have had a blog for about 2 years. I sell homemade decor and personalized gifts!

2 Likes
ArigigiPixel
Conversation Maker

Just joined this team and want to say ''Hello'' ♥
6 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Emily! I am the owner of Homespun Northwest - an all natural, vegan shop! Please check out my eco-friendly products and use code HNW10 at checkout for 10% off.

I am a manager at Starbucks and a new mama. I opened my shop 2 months ago and my hope is to be able to quit my day job so I can stay home with my baby and create new items for my shop!
3 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, my name is Sherhonda and I live in North Carolina. I love arts and being creative. I started drawing as a young child and it just grew from there. I model, draw, paint and create jewelry. Expressing myself in other ways without using words is my passion. I love it all. I'm glad to be a part of the team and wish you all well & success! =)
Much Love
4 Likes

You sound alot like me. I ventured to my new creations. I wish you well! 

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi I am new at this selling stuff (only started my web-shop on 1st Jan) so any help would be very gratefully received, my FB page is https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery I am not sure how I link it to your FB page, I have liked your page but I don't know what else I am supposed to do. I have a website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk which has more stuff in its shop and shows that I dont just make Superduo bracelets lol, and I will gradually build etsy up with the things that I am working on at the moment. I would be very grateful if any of you could find the time to look at my page to get my viewings up. I know the pictures are awful, I am fighting a very antiquated pop up photobooth until i can get better, and i dont have enough lamps to light it like I used to (I was divorced last year and am working in a tiny room now and have no space for anything which i am sure you all know that feeling. I have promised myself that if I can get this up and running I will buy myself a present of a photo booth at the end of the year as my son is moving out to his own home with his gf so I will have a room that I can put it in, cant move into there for at least a year in case he needs to come home lol. Anyway all help will be gratefully received.

Thanks
Su'
3 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all! I am Mei from Frankfurt, Germany. I hope that I can improve the performance of my store by joining this group! =)
3 Likes
QuintessaXylo
Inspiration Seeker

Nice to meet you all..

Its an honour to tell you all are my colleague

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I live in North Carolina.
& We started our shop with items made from horseshoes & now we have many different items & it has really grown I never excepted it to be this good
2 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

OOps I think I should have said hello here first sorry!

Hi I am Su', I am a full time working mother of three, the last of my fledglings is leaving the nest thiis weekend :( I started jewellery making a good few years ago then my husband of 27 ears decided to leave me and so everything got packed away while the break up was sorted. I am now in a little house with my mother downstairs, and have to work 40 hours a week to keep the wolves at bay. It was 50 but I have cut it down as I am now in a wheelchair and my back cant take it. I do 20 hour shifts so it means I only work 4 days a week and can devote the other to my crat work. I have to give the weekends to my mother :( So I do cross stitch when I am with her or the superduo bracelets. I opened the shop on my website on 1st January and have had my Etsy shop for a week or two now. I would desperately like to make a success of my business so that I can cut another day out of my week to help my pain but we will have to see how it goes. I know it takes time, but i am very impatient as I am 52 this year and so i need to get my skates on lol My website is www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk and obviously has a greater variety of items in that shop but I will build up the Etsy one too. Thank you for having me and I would appreciate any viewings and will most certainly try to reciprocate as many people as sI can find :))
5 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My name is Kim. My friend Amanda and I started this shop to raise money for refugee families in our community. We have several refugee families that attend our church and have grown to love them and admire them so much! We are also working on a store front that will sell handmade items that benefit people around the world.
5 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, my name is Chrissy, I am a stay at home mom of a 2 year old boy, and a Full Time student. I live in Southern Utah, and love to make bath and body products in my spare time (mostly soaps)!
4 Likes

Hello everybody :)
Handmade Leather Creations is the most generic title for our shop...
... if you can imagine it, we can make it, in leather.
we adore modelling and building and creating custom made orders... it's the best way to be creative! <3
We love to promote awesome things on Etsy so... let's spread some etsy love!
6 Likes

Many amazing products can be made of leather. I wish you well !

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.