Former_Member
Hi All!

I am fairly new to Etsy's Direct Checkout; and was wary about being "awarded" it.
I read so many posts that were negative; but figured that I would give it a try and see what comes of it.

No complaints on my end!
Etsy does everything that they say that they will do.

Simple to use - get your payment; ship it out and "note" on your Etsy account that you have shipped. (When you do). Etsy initiates payment and will be in your Etsy account within 3 days. Then - you must wait (depending upon your bank) another 3 days - but no complaints here. It's all good and very dependable.

Just wanted to give the heads up to others who were kinda wondering.

Again, I was wary.... but no complaints on my end. Not just yet.

Peace and God Bless :) Sofia

Re: Just some Feedback about DC - It's All GOOD!

Thanks GG. That's what I was saying (about PP)

HotelMartindale, Sherry is one of the nicest, most helpful people on Etsy that I have ever met. If that comment was directed towards her, you must not know her. She is highly respected in the Etsy community and far from being a bad apple.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

now AWC IS a bad apple!
Let me edit that to say that I am only kidding, for anyone that doesn't know me.

0 Likes

aw, thanks, Katie. Right back at ya. I gotta say, when Celia, Katie and I agree with Artisan, it's a cause worth pursuing!
0 Likes
TheRubyBelle
Inspiration Seeker

I have had great luck with DC so far.

When it comes to shipping labels, for most of my DC customers I do the labels via USPS. I use the debit card that is associated to the checking account that my DC funds are deposited in to. Lucikly, most of my shipments are with a flat rate box, so shipping is basically the same price whether I do online USPS or PayPal, which means I do not have to deplete my PayPal for DC payments.

Am I making any sense? I should go drink more coffee. Anywho... hope my two cents helps somebody.

Cheers!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

AWWE!

I can't believe that this forum/post has turned into a complaints forum. I didn't want that to happen! That was NOT my intention.

I was simply trying to post my experience with Etsy's DC and get some feedback from others who had similar experience with the system - and maybe share with others who will plan to use it.

Nothing is perfect. I originally did not like Etsy's DC rules; nor their ways of doing business - although I tried it out and it is working just well for me.
S**T, I don't like waiting for my $$$ either!

I don't like waiting for my money; not for one second. But - if I could utilize a payment venue that will allow my customers to have an ease in their transaction - I will. Being petty with the percentage or fees that you are charged - is really just stupid.

Don't you think that it is easier to have an item for sale - and then an easy payment transaction - and SELL your item? I DO!

I think that if we all re-think what we have going on here on Etsy - we would agree - that the Etsy DC is a GodSend.

Feel free to post if you think that I am wrong. I'm all cool with it!
Sofia

0 Likes

My original post stated that "the bad apples are no longer members".

I have not directed my comments towards anyone specifically. One individual has taken it upon themselves to directly use my store name stating that I have posted an untrue comment in my announcement page that "Etsy is easier and safer to use than Paypal".

I find it strange in the least that something that I have posted in my announcement page which is clearly true would make this one person outraged to the point initializing a personal attack on me. As a direct result of this, members are using my shop name in their posts.

If you have a problem with something that I have posted than why not send me convo directly rather than carry on in a public forum?

I thought bullying ends in grade school, but I guess not.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great to hear some positive feedback!
0 Likes

And yes, DC is wonderful and once again, absolutely no problems with it in its entirely. FIVE STARS *****
0 Likes

HI Hotel. (sorry, I don't know your real name).
You must not hang out in the Etsy forums much. I don't see ANY bullying here. It's not allowed. The same rules apply here that apply in the main forum.
I personally wasn't pointing fingers at you just because I used your shop name in my post. That's how we do it. That's how we talk to each other here, on Etsy. If we are addressing a person, we post a snip from their post, along with their name.

Not sure who you think is outraged and frankly it doesn't matter. I joined this team to ask a question last week. I got my answer after emailing one of the admins because no one here knew the answer. I think I'll do that in the future. Or ask Sherry, since she's a plethora of information.

Later y'all~
0 Likes

I just got accepted and began yesterday with both shops and have already had a sale with it--pretty psyched so far.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh Gosh! I think that those who have been been "awarded" Etsy's DC should try it out and give it a chance.

I'd like to share a story about PAYPAL:

I sold on Ebay many years ago. I handmade a woman a lovely wedding veil, which cost $500. It was custom, it was extravagant, and it was one of a kind. Took me more than 60 hours to make it.

Took final photos, and she accepted and paid for it. When she received it; she decided that she did not like it; it didn't look or fit right. While my policy was "no returns", I felt so bad that this woman didn't receive what she wanted. I went ahead and told her to return the item, and I would refund her through PayPal.

Sure enough; she returned it. What I got was an EMPTY BOX full of stryo peanuts. When I approached her - she told me that "she returned it".

PayPal went ahead and took the $$$$ out of my account to give her a refund - as she had proof of the return.

I never did business with PayPal again. I was out my product, and out my money. PayPal didn't want anything to do with me (speak to me, discuss the matter, or moderation) because this lady had proof that she returned the goods.

While selling on Etsy, I have always used my Google Checkout. So, I was open to get the Etsy DC - and so far, so good.

Let's all keep an open mind, here. I think that it's in order. Just another venue to receive payment for the items that you are selling!

:) Sofia

0 Likes

Sofia; Many people have the PP horror stories. I feel bad for you on your PP story but I also have one.

A friend of mine was selling on another site for years and PP decided to take $450.00 out of his account and give it back to the buyer for non-delivery even though he had delivery confirmation, the buyer stated he never received it. Paypal stated that they require a Signature Confirmation on a $450.00 purchase.

Needless to say, my friend didn't know what to do. I agreed to file a Statement of Claim against Paypal on his behalf and away we went to court. PP sends a representative who was not even a lawyer but a paralegal. As the judge heard both sides we won our case and PP lost. PP makes it's own rules which are designed in the best interest of PP. That does not mean that PP rules are legal. A victory for us meant a lot and ever since that day, I have never used PP.

I am very excited about DC. I cannot wait to see what happens with it in the near future. I have nothing bad to say about it as you can probably tell from all of the posts I have posted. With the low percentage fee how can you possibly go wrong.

I am glad you created this forum.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Dearest Hotel! Thanks much for sharing your story as well!

I think that we all need to keep in mind that there is no "perfect" method of payment (for us sellers) through these large conglomerates
(Did I spell that right???)

We all need to stay abreast of what's happening, and keep each other informed... and remain a team.

Right or wrong; we need to keep up to date with what is going on - and let each other know if there is something that is working / or not working.... AND if something is NOT working - we need to remain a team and jump on it and get any issues resolved.

I, just as everyone else, need my money when I sell an item. I am hoping for the best with Etsy's DC, and hope that we could all make more sales assuming that the DC is easier for the buyers; and just roll with it.

With this DC being new to Etsy and the entire community; I am hoping that it's methods are fine tuned and it works out for us all. It's never a dull moment.!!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am happy and excited to have this option ! It can Only HELP sales. I got a sale through it today and it was the day I activated it. That is awesome.
I look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with this tool :)
Good luck all.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sofia, that is shocking! I can't believe how people find ways to cheat and steal. BAD karma for her :-(
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Dee!

Yes! Well - there are some bad people out there; and I ate/swallowed the cost - but like I said - I NEVER did business with PayPal again. I felt it to be very unfair for them not to even hear my side of the story.

I think that we all have some sort of horror story to tell - and need to keep each other informed. That way, we can make better business decisions - and it will help us all!

Very happy to meet some great people here on this forum, and hope that we can all share our stories.

Like I said, so far, no complaints on Etsy's DC on my part. If anyone has anything to share - please do post!!!

Peace :) Sofia

0 Likes

so far I haven't received any funds, I am still in the 10 day waiting period. It has been difficult to see over $860 waiting to be deposited and another $500 in "open" orders.
Since most of my orders are custom orders I will be waiting as long as two weeks to receive money.
I love the security aspect and the convenience for my customers, but this lag time for custom orders is killing me!
I'm hoping I like things better once the funds start coming through.
0 Likes

My first deposit just went thru. I had to wait the 10 day period too. I have had an increase in sales - I don't know if it's because I now have DC, but so far I have been happy. I like being able to see when the deposits are in and when they have been transferred to my account.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just haven't gotten those little deposits yet
0 Likes

Emily, the 10 day wait starts the day you sign up, so even though the deposits haven't shown up yet, your 10 days is counting down.

With the holiday weekend, it probably seems like forever.
0 Likes

will the funds automatically appear in my bank account or do I have to do something. (like insert a date in the box) just a few more days to wait.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just had a disappointed customer and need to refund her.How do I go about that.
John
0 Likes

John, go to your shop payment account, then quick tips at the top right, then scroll down to issue a refund and the steps are there.

DC has been great for me. Most of my customers use DC and in the month and two weeks since I have been set up for it, I have had the most profitable weeks ever on Etsy. I factored in Mother's Day, but the end of Jan. and early Feb. people were buying for Valentine's Day and I still had more sales after I set up DC. I can't prove that DC made the difference, but I believed it helped.
0 Likes

I like DC but I understand it may not work for all stores and their business model. One suggestion that someone made (and I wish I had thought of this) is to not activate DC until you have your account verified and the 10 day waiting period is over. That way, you can be on the "normal" schedule of either requesting your funds or getting them each Monday and not have a large amount of money outstanding.

I know this doesn't solve all of the issues but it might help with one of them :)
0 Likes

With the number of sellers and variety of items for sale on Etsy, no tool is going to work for 100% of us. And no tool is going to be perfect right out of the box. I am glad Etsy has made direct checkout available, and is willing to listen to suggestions for improvements.

For me, direct checkout is a great alternative for potential buyers who don't want to deal with Pay Pal, or those who can't figure out how to use a credit card on Pay Pal.

I think a lot of those whi have tried it and are unhappy with it (not talking about those who have posted here) just didn't bother to read the rules, and were surprised about money only being moved once a week, the initial 10 day hold, etc.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.