Former_Member
Not applicable

Just some Feedback about DC - It's All GOOD!

Hi All!

I am fairly new to Etsy's Direct Checkout; and was wary about being "awarded" it.
I read so many posts that were negative; but figured that I would give it a try and see what comes of it.

No complaints on my end!
Etsy does everything that they say that they will do.

Simple to use - get your payment; ship it out and "note" on your Etsy account that you have shipped. (When you do). Etsy initiates payment and will be in your Etsy account within 3 days. Then - you must wait (depending upon your bank) another 3 days - but no complaints here. It's all good and very dependable.

Just wanted to give the heads up to others who were kinda wondering.

Again, I was wary.... but no complaints on my end. Not just yet.

Peace and God Bless :) Sofia

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
60 Replies

Re: Just some Feedback about DC - It's All GOOD!

I have been on DC for months and also have no complaints but rather praise for DC.

I have also seen the negative comments that were posted on DC. As with all things in life their will always be a few bad apples in barrel. I have went through most of negative comments and they are mainly from the same people. I have not seen any negative comments on here since these individuals are no longer DC members. Yipeeeeee!

Mostly all of our sales have been completed with customers using DC. Obviously it's the customers number one choice for my store.

0 Likes

Sometimes people have valid concerns, they are not bad apples. That's not a fair statement. It certainly doesn't describe me, nor others asking questions.

I am still using DC for the convenience of my customers, but there are difficulties.

1. If a customer wants a shipping upgrade there is no way to invoice them through DC. Since etsy does not allow listings for shipping ugrades you either have to take a cc over the phone or eat the cost.

2. If you do custom work you are not paid until the items are completed and shipped. While I do have working capital, not everyone does. Sometimes I am owed over 1000.00 I will not see for weeks.

Customers choose DC because it is the first option in your shop, not always because they prepfer it over paypal.

eta: DC is not safer than paypal, stating that in your shop announcement is simply not true.
0 Likes
PAINTEDPILLOWS
Inspiration Seeker

Frankly, I do not like shipping my product until I have the money in hand, with PayPal the money is in my account right away, but Etsy is holding my money in their account, so I am out my product and my money. When does my payment get deposited on Monday? It is now 11:40 a.m.

0 Likes

Sofia, I have had it for over 3 months and no complaints here. The complainers in the forum don't have it, and if you notice, they complain about everything.

Pillows, etsy is not holding the money , the bank is. Etsy has to wait for the money since they are not a bank. They do hold it if you don't ship, but that is for the buyers protection.
0 Likes

Pillows -- the banks usually update at night, so if it's not there now, it will probably be there tomorrow. My Wells Fargo account never has anything new on Mondays.
0 Likes
PAINTEDPILLOWS
Inspiration Seeker

Well, thank you Lauren and John for your input. I have a better understanding now, thank you for having patience with those of us who do not have a full understanding of how all this works. This was my first DC sale and experience.
0 Likes

I just had my first two sales this weekend with DC (one new to Etsy and one who's already on Etsy). So far I am very happy.

Thanks to this team, I was able to easily get the address into PayPal to ship and also thanks to this team I was able to issue a partial refund on shipping.
0 Likes

Good Going Lauren. Couldn't have said it better. DC is a choice. If people are unhappy with it than don't accept it.

If people want a shipping upgrade than they should contact the shop owner before they buy the item. I had this happen and wow, how simple this is and the problem is solved.

As far as making the statement "DC is safer than Paypal", in my shop announcement as not being true, check the facts.

I have not found one unsafe issue with DC whereas the search engine regarding Paypal brings up many issues.

I do not do custom orders. However, if I did I would allow the buyer to pay with a money order or check. That could be a problem solved.

0 Likes

Love it, love it, love it. :)
0 Likes
ResaWilkinson
Inspiration Seeker

This is all super to know! Thanks for taking the time out to post. Now I just need a sale so I can praise DC too!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I like the fact that I don't have to pay Etsy AND PayPal fees. I rather have all my customers use DC!!
0 Likes

Really liking DC! Researched it thoroughly so I was aware of the ins and outs, the waiting period/s, etc and I am very happy with it. Kinda thought it would increase sales, but that hasn't happened for me yet... only turned it on on May 11th though, so could still happen. :)
0 Likes
founditinatlanta
Inspiration Seeker

I'm new to DC I just had a sale using DC but have not shipped the order yet. I am confused do we get charged the 3% and the 25 cent transaction fee or does the customer using DC pay this?
0 Likes

We, as shop owners pay the 3% as well as the 25 cent transaction fee. You should dhip the item out and mark it as paid so the 3 day hold goes by quicker.
0 Likes

I love giving my customers the option of DC, but have to admit, when I need immediate cash I disable the DC option for a few days so I get some payments into my PayPal account. When I can afford to, I just click the little box and enable DC again, easy peasy!

Definitely have to do what works best for you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm new to DC, so far all is good, but I have a few questions.

I always ship the day a purchase is made or at the latest the next day....my first three orders were from early last week, to be deposited on Monday of this week...of which I have to wait 3 to 7 days for the money to show up in my checking account....why so long? And what would happen if the purchaser, knowing that the item was shipped or has received it already, by last Thursday decided to tell there credit card company to cancel the transaction...hasn't happened, but what protection do we have using DC? Now I have three orders from yesterday, shipped and the money won't "move" to my checking account until next Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) and then I'll have to wait 3 to 7 days, again....not a great cash flow, not complaining, but need to understand why.

I just wiped out my paypal account to cover the shipping costs for those DC orders.

0 Likes

Ever since I signed up for DC customers started using it instead of pay pal, Especially credit card customers.
For me the benefit is that I don't have to invoice people through pay pal. I had so many customers that were confused about using a credit card through pay pal.

The only draw back is that Etsy hold our funds.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I will say I have sales I would not have had without DC. I try to keep enugh money in my PayPal account to cover shipping and my monthly fees. Then I just consider the DC monry extra!
0 Likes

I didn't know you could turn DC on and off at will.... ? That's a great feature I think.

So far I like DC and have had no troubles with it. The one thing that is a huge pain is transfering the shipping info over to Paypal to use their shipping features AND having to enter DC sale into Outright for our accounting....
0 Likes

Just catching up and trying to read a few of these threads.
Great post Sherry.

I did read this and wanted to comment on it:
HotelMartindale from HotelMartindale says
I have not found one unsafe issue with DC whereas the search engine regarding Paypal brings up many issues.

It's kinda hard to make a statement like that. PP has been around for years. DC for months. Time will tell if it's true or not.....

0 Likes

So how was my comment untrue?? After researching the facts, it was not hard at all.

Any search engine brings up thousands upon thousands of PP problems and issues regarding unsafe transactions. I have done the same search regarding DC and have not found one. Please if you find one, correct me immediately.

The poster who posted right after my original post was seemingly unhappy with my "bad apple" comment.

Before I signed up for DC, I actually read and agreed to the terms and conditions regarding DC. This included but not limited to the fees, percentage rate charged and of course the three day hold. Now if I agreed to the terms and conditions that is my choice and acceptance.

Would someone explain to me why it is the same complainer who repeats over and over the same things. Obviously, they also accepted the terms and conditions regarding DC. So why act so surprised about the fees and percentage rates charged. It is even a more shocker to see them complain about the three day hold after delivery. This was and is clearly in the terms and conditions.

As far as charge backs goes, it is in the DC terms and condition.

Basically DC works well for us. Not one single issue.

0 Likes

Calling people "complainers" isn't constructive. Also, PP has been around for years and millions of transactions, of course there will be more reported issues than a service that came out two months ago with possibly only thousands of transactions, your comparison isn't logical.
0 Likes

I guess I am the bad apple you are talking about. I've always found that constructively asking for change, especially on etsy brings about some wonderful things.

Most of what you see as complaints are very valid concerns coming from folks like me who make a living with their craft. We want to give options and the best possible service.

Etsy has no printed dispute resolution, and since DC has only been around for 8 weeks, not 10 years, I agree with Celia.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

people saying "shut up and dont use it, if you dont like it", is getting very old. this whole feature has many negative aspects for many people. just because some people dont have issues with it, doesnt mean others who do have issues, should just shut up and not use it

if us bad apples bother you, then you should just ignore us and go on your merry way
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.