DC in it's infancy

Hi I realize that DC is now in it's infancy but I think for now I am going to bow out with all due respect. I think in the future when these things are added it will be a perfect fit. I find that my customers seem to prefer DC and I do like to give them the option, but I miss these features:

1) the ability to make a partial refund or refund one item in a multiple item order.

2) the ability to print shipping labels

3) the ability to print packing slips

4) the ability to have a breakdown for tax purposes

5) archived record keeping for tax and business purposes

Some of these may already have been implemented and if so please forgive me lack of knowledge. This is not a complaint, I just meant to let the powers that be (Etsy Admin!) know that for me and I think others, these features are of great importance. I am very grateful to Etsy that I have a full time job through the use of their site. Thank you!

Dharlee
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: DC in it's infancy

honestly, maybe I am naive, but it does not seem much different from other venues on which I sell..

Some require one way to print shipping etc and some (like paypal and amazon) have it internalized. I don't use paypal shipping because my computer for some reason has trouble printing shipping from paypal (no problem with the packing slips).. so I have to make multiple efforts which is unsettling to say the least.. I use stamps.com.. etsy downloads straight to that so it is pretty effortless.

as for the bookkeeping I haven't found any shortcuts - I am going to try quickbooks again maybe - but I always end up listing everything in journals and spreadsheets.. I don't have that many sales in a year - even though this is my livelihood..

I have a free downloaded template from office for my invoice/packing slip templates and it is easy peasy to just copy and paste all the information and print. I just keep those invoices from my website or phone or where ever in a file.

I don't see that it is in anyway different from taking a credit card over the phone or on the web..
0 Likes

I agree - it is still in the beginning stages. However, so far (for me at least) I'm willing to give it a go.

I've been able to make a partial refund (for a shipping reimbursement) so I think that has been resolved. I know on multiple orders, I've also been able to put in the amount of the refund to make - DC doesn't automatically assume.

I also use stamps.com - nice to have all of my postage in one place instead of some in PayPal and some from the post office (for international orders). And, I can print international labels from stamps - woohoo!

I use Quickbooks for accounting purposes, so the breakdown happens for me within that program. Not a great fit for everyone, but it works for my shop.

It will be interesting to see how DC changes as time progresses.
0 Likes

As far as shipping; I like others, use stamps.com. It's no different for me than paypal orders; and if you wish to use paypal for shipping; you can; by downloading the addresses to multi order shipping.

For bookkeeping; you can have the DC money go into a dedicated bank account; then attach it to outright.com which keeps track of income and expenses.

You can print packing slips on etsy; by printing the invoice.

Again; I take square.com and this is pretty similar. Is it different from paypal? Yes; but I don't think that's a bad thing.
0 Likes

I have given partial refunds, it has been corrected.

We can also download data now.

I was using paypal.com/shipnow but have also changed to stamps.com
I got a free trial period, but I am loving first class international so much that I don't print even paypal orders through paypal anymore.
0 Likes

I will have to check out stamps.com. I did not think there was any way to ship internationally without physically going to the post office or facility of choice.

Also Baerreis, I had the same trouble until I realized that I could only print correctly in IE. I use Chrome as my preferred browser but it does not work with printing labels from PayPal.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.