Former_Member
Not applicable

Address Verification

I just turned on Direct Checkout late last week and have had only one issue with it. A few customers have misspelled their shipping addresses. For domestic packages I don't have much trouble correcting misspelled cities or street names, because I know the format of US addresses. But I also ship a lot of international packages, and international address formats are very foreign to me.

I was able to make the proper spelling changes to the two addresses this has happened with, but I wish there was a way Direct Checkout could verify an address before letting the customer submit it. At least just verify that the city name entered is actually a city name.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Address Verification

I print through stamps.com, and the post office will let you know the corrections, same through paypal shipping
0 Likes

what Lauren said..

USPS online is connected to all the online shipping programs.. makes the corrections -

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

If I have any questions about addresses I always email my customer, explain the situation and ask them to confirm the address. They have always been very nice about it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I ship with Stamps.com also, they link direclty to Etsy and can verify addresses. I find Stamps.com is totally worth the small monthly fee for time saved copy/pasting addresses, also the other benefit is discounted insurance to EVERYWHERE without having to pay for priority mail as you do through the post office. I never have an issue when a parcel doens't arrive. it's insured. YAY! Happy customers!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for all the info!!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.