Former_Member
Not applicable

Shop Critique - Post your shop for a critique & offer advice for others' shops

I'm a fairly new shop on etsy and am constantly working to improve.
As our first community building thread I'd like to create a space for member to post a link to their shops and get advice as to how it can be improved.
You may ask specific questions or simply leave it open to any critique.

Things to look at may be :
Logo design, shop name, shop description, banner, order of items, pattern "photos" or descriptions, sections, etc.

If you post your shop, please be open to any critique and advise others offer even if you disagree with their opinion.

If you offer advice and critique, please keep it courteous and constructive.

Let's help each other make our shops the best they can be to best showcase our patterns!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
28 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Shop Critique - Post your shop for a critique & offer advice for others' shops

I will offer my shop up for critique first.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BlossomsAwesomes

*I do sell more than patterns but will probably focus more on patterns as I expand my shop.
0 Likes

Re: Shop Critique - Post your shop for a critique & offer advice for others' shops

Hi,

Cute shop! I would recommend filling out your policies and adding some info or a tagline about your shop in the shop description area, since that is also indexed by google.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Sewingseeds!
0 Likes

Cute shop!

Some things that could improve:
-Expand your about page, have someone look at the spelling/grammar [two beautiful girl[s] trying a[to] make a]
-Add shop policies
-Google "SEO for Etsy" read as much as you can about it and apply it to your shop. You need longer titles, and longer tags. There is a whole system that goes into how your shop is being found by customers and you need to optimise your listings to this system.
-Add more items, the more items you have the more people will view your shop. My shop took off after I hit the 100 mark but it's different for everyone!

Hope that helps :D

If anyone wants to comment on my shop, I'm always open to suggestions :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hallo!

Please tell us your opinion too about our shop!

Thanks!

https://www.etsy.com/people/libelloula
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Alyssa Westhoek I can comment on your shop, but only that I love it! It looks great! Your patterns are lovely and you've done a great done filling in all your information... I know that's something I need to work on... not my strong point.
Thanks for the advice!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Libelloula creations... Just wanted to say, although members are free to comment on your shop I do what to emphasize that the focus of our team here is cross-stitch patterns rather than general crafts.
You are welcome to participate but please try to keep the focus on cross-stitch patterns. Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! Still learning about Etsy and all the things that go along with it, lots of fun though. If anyone gets a free second, I'd love a shop critique! And happy to return the favour!
0 Likes
Buzzbeedesigns
Inspiration Seeker

always open to advice please check out my shop
0 Likes
Buzzbeedesigns
Inspiration Seeker

blossoms awesomes

positives:
love your patterns they are original cute and very approcable
great photos
nice avatar

could use improvement:
the shop banner is hard to read a differnt font could go a long way
and the only other thing i can really see is the obvious need for more items. in our world of chart sales you need alot of choice. I found my sales really picked up when I got over 50 items.

overall:
looks great love the patterns love the whimsy love that you stick to original designs and I would shop here if I were looking for this style of pattern.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Elise. Wish I had more input for you. I'm newer to etsy than you are so I'm learning a lot by looking at others sites. My only question would be why do you have two shops that both sell patterns? Is there a difference?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Buzzbee, great shop. I'd suggest maybe an about page?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've only just set up my Etsy shop but would love some opinions about it:
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/catandmousestitchery
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Cat. I love the look of your stop and look forward to seeing your patterns in the future.
I love your icon/banner. It's classy.
I don't have much original to say. I'm new myself.
You seem to have a good start. I'd recommend looking back on threads and seeing others recommendations on my/others site... there's some good general suggestions.
0 Likes

I wouldn't mind a critique if anyone is willing. If you'd like me to critique back, let me know. Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for your comments Blossom. I love your animals in sweaters, very cute :)
0 Likes

Blossom, I like your shop, and it looks good for you being new. The only thing I could find that could use improvement are your tags. You have many one word tags. Whenever possible, use two to three word phrases, the same two to three word phrases you use in your titles. And wow! three sales already, keep up the good work.
0 Likes

Alyssa, from an American of Dutch descent I think your shop looks good! There wasn't anything I saw wrong with it, and you're obviously doing something right as you have so many sales already. Good job!
0 Likes

Elise, you have some hilarious patterns! I couldn't find anything wrong with your shop, and it looks like you're doing quite well according to your sales. Keep up the good work!
0 Likes

Scott, you have some nice designs. The one biggie I noticed is that you don't have an about page. According to the new algorithms, shops that have their about pages filled out will rank higher in search relevancy.
0 Likes

Cat, you have some pretty designs! I noticed you have short titles and a lot of one word tags. You can learn a lot about SEO by reading the forums, you can contact me too if you want. You don't have your about page filled in yet, shops with filled in about pages rank higher in search. I see you opened very recently, so I'm sure you know to keep adding items. Good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Rebecca, I don't have much critique of your shop. It looks great to me. I love your use of photos in your about page and your update photos are great too. My only suggestion might be changing your shop title: "Cross-stitch PDF patterns for instant download."
I believe these effect search results to don't they? I might suggest a title that is a little less "fact" and a little more "style".
0 Likes

Hello all! I have been here for a few months now. I get a few visits a day. I have had a couple of sales. I try various techniques that keep visitors coming. I post new things every few weeks. I read and try things that are suggested in many postings. I believe it may just take time for things to work. However, I would love any feedback that this group have to offer.
0 Likes

Started my shop a few weeks ago, I like to hear what I can do better :D

https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/GeelenCrossStitch
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.