Here you go. Private and all.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Chat Thread

Hi everyone! Thank you to every one for the welcome messages. I am trying to catch up with every thing and every one. I work a full time and a part time job besides doing my Etsy shop. I love all of your shops! I love crochet. I also love knitting but have never been able to get the hang of it.
I love reading your posts. I actually had a sale and am preparing it for shipment. It is my 2nd sale. I was just about ready to close my shop when that 1st sale came in.
Debra--congrats on your anniv!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
hooknsaw
Crafty Poster

Susan, congrats on the sale! It takes time to build an etsy shop (or any business) and it sounds like you have a very busy schedule. Just add items as you can. Love your quilted cat blanket!

Rebecca, can you add the pillow in one of the variation / price buttons? I don't know how the variations format / set-up works, as I don't use it. Then there would be no confusion over the listing. I don't see a problem with it because you don't show the pillow until the last photo. The blanket is beautiful.

Crochetgal, I have been stalking your shop for the yarn colors you tripped over! I really like the leaf green rh soft color. I hope you are feeling okay and getting into a schedule that is easier on you. I'm taking it easy again today, but I already feel much better.

Have a great day, ladies!
0 Likes

Susan~ Congrats on the sale! Isn't it the best! You have a busy schedule so as Lisa suggested, just add items as you are able. Good luck.

Rebecca~ Lisa has good suggestions today! I would do as she says and use the listings variation button to add the pillow. You can list the variation however you want i.e. pillow option. On the selection tabs you can put With Pillow and then the price and then Without Pillow and that price.

I use the listing variations for different pricing with hat sizes, it works and there is no confusion since the customer has to make a selection. I also use it for colors that I offer on the booties, it's wonderful.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lisa and Debra- Thanks I will do that!!!

Also my friend brought her 10wk old over to model for me, she's a tiny 10wk old. Check out my pumpkin set listings to see how precious she is!!! LOVE!! She was all smiles in the girl set but was none to pleased to model the boy set LOL
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Rebecca, I love the blanket! Don't be afraid to charge a reasonable price for it. People will pay good money for a nice blanket, especially if its lined like that.

Susan, congrats on the sale! You have a very busy schedule and it takes time to build a business as well. Do what you can and keep it relaxing and fun for you. If its not fun, what's the point?

Rebecca, love the little one! Too cute!

Lisa, the Dark Leaf green is one of those colours that I've always had a hard time finding. And the 'elephant' is even lighter than the 'light grey' colour.

I'm feeling not too bad and am trying to take it slow. But as you well know, sometimes that can be difficult. Today I'm not planning on doing very much other than relaxing, a bit of tidying up and watching more football.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Here's a very very easy recipe for the popcorn balls we made

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
vanilla flavouring
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 bags microwave popcorn (already popped)

1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)

In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and corn syrup. Add sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add baking soda and vanilla and stir until mixed well. Pour over popcorn (and peanuts) in greased 9" x 13" x 2" pan. Form into balls if desired.

To form into balls, pull popcorn mixture and press into greased muffin tins.

We ended up with a pan 9" x 13" x 2" full of gooeyness and turned it into a dozen large popcorn balls.

If you add peanuts you end up with a Cracker Jack.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Debra can you give me a walk through on adding pricing variations?? I can't find it :/
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Rebecca,

Here's the information on how to offer listing variations
https://www.etsy.com/help/article/3385
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You probably don't want to hear this but Spinrite yarns is having their e-tent sale at
http://www.yarnfactoryoutlet.com/e-tent

They are offering Free Shipping for orders over $50 and you will get a fun pack if your orders are over $100. Free shipping starts tomorrow (August 11th, 2014) and goes until next Sunday at 11:59 pm EST.

There are some absolutely amazing bargains!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ok did it! Thanks!! :)
0 Likes

Hey everyone! Happy Monday!

Deb- Happy 4 year anniversary!!!! YAY!!! Glad to hear you had fun with your company this weekend - pizza and wine sounds fun!

Lisa - can't wait to see more of your scarves - they're all gorgeous! I know what you mean about FB - it just seems like endless drama these days! >.< I don't blame you for taking a break!!

Susan - congrats on your sale!! Here's to many many more!! :D

Crochetgal - how are you feeling? Thanks for the info on the yarn sale! And for the popcorn ball recipe - MMMMM that sounds so good, especially now that we're getting close to fall!

Rebecca - CONGRATS to your son on the scholarship!! OMG!! That's awesome!! And I LOVE your new pumpkin set - your little model is too precious, and the set itself is beautiful!!

Joanne - glad you're starting to feel better! Thanks for the congrats on finding a place to move lol! Oh, I'm sure you'll all be hearing about our moving adventures as they unfold!! ;)

Hope Sarah and Mary Alice are doing great too! :)

Have a great day everyone - orders have coming to a bit of a halt this week, but I still have a ton of Christmas stuff to list and TONS to make for the con!!!! I always manage to fall behind lol!
0 Likes

Just got a bunch of Christmas sets listed, yay!! I'd love to hear your thoughts on them! This is the first holiday season I'm putting out a lot of holiday stuff so I'm a bit nervous! Lol. o.O Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Kitty - I love your seasonal items. Where have I been?? I love the pumpkin hat and I couldn't decide which Christmas hat I liked the best, so I will say all of them are awesome.
0 Likes

Aww, thanks so much Joanne!!! :D I listed all of those very recently actually! I really appreciate the compliments ^_^
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wow! You've been busy Melissa! Awesome!

Popcorn balls all got eaten by the 'popcorn monster' (a close relative to the cookie monster that lives here) so they must have been good.

I'm off and running today with appointments.
0 Likes

Hello all. You all have been so busy.
Crochetgal: So sorry to hear about your brace. What a pain in the A** but like you said you will get through this.
Melissa: If you want I can send you some brochures of New Paltz, which is a lovely area. About 90 minutes from the city. but still country. Also of Poughkeepsie, Saugerties the area where my daughter lives, Woodstock, though that might be a bit expensive. But beautiful, and Hudson should be nice I was never really up in that area only to catch a bus one time. That's about 45 minutes from my daughter also. So, if you want just let me know and when I go upstate, which by the way is tomorrow I will get some of the real estate magazines they have in the supermarkets.
Lisa: I love the scarf. Tony will definitely love it also. You do such beautiful work.
Sarah: I love the yarn, I can't wait to start working with it.
Debra: Congrats on your 4 year anniversary. I love your remark Debbyland. I'm happy in Mary'sworld. I just turn everything off and sit and crochet till my little fingers hurt. I just finished making a beautiful Wrap. It's 24" x 78 I just posted it if anyone is interested. Please tell me what you think.
Tony is doing much better. He's back on his meds like he should be. For awhile he decided that he knew better than the doctor and stopped taking them, Now he knows they work and he's back on them. I have no idea what goes through that mans head. He's also on steroids for his gout, that really puts him in a mood, so I just shut up and keep my mouth closed.

My daughter is back from her trip, but she has a bad cold. I'll be going up there tomorrow and staying till Saturday. I can't wait to see my little granddaughter. Shane is with his father this week, so I won't see him. He's gotten so big. He's 5.9 and he;s only 12. My granddaughter will be small and petite. She's a real pisser. She makes me laugh.
Joanne. Did you get my friends request?
Sorry I haven't been on here for awhile, I went to visit my friend Karen last week, and when I came back Thursday I was busy, and I just wasn't really in the mood to be on the computer.
Well, I hope I got everyone in there. Hope to talk again soon. Take care and have a great week if I don't check in.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Mary Alice - I did not get a request. I sent you a message from my personal account so you have it. I think you have your settings on private because it only shows that I can send you messages on FB. Other FB accounts have a space for "send friend request", but yours doesn't???/ I am REALLY bad at FB.

Phew, it is HOT here today. I think my DH and I will take the kayaks out to the lake this evening. I'm melting here.
0 Likes

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the faves!!! And Crochetgal, thanks for the compliment!!! I do try to keep busy...most days, anyway! Lol!

Mary Alice - those areas sound beautiful! You are so sweet to offer on the brochures/magazines - but that's okay! I'm afraid if my husband found them he might not wanna go to Albany anymore lol! >.< Albany is a bit closer to my folks in Utica, so I was thrilled when he finally agreed to that! But you're very kind to offer - thank you so much! Sorry your daughter is sick - what a bummer! Hope you have fun with the grandbaby!

Joanne - have fun cooling down on the kayaks! :)
0 Likes

Good Evening!
Everyone sure has been busy!

Kitty~ I love your items. Very beautiful work.

Mary Alice ~ Your shawl is gorgeous and looks like it took a ton of work, great colors.
Sorry your daughter came home sick. I came home so sick after my trip to NYC. I think it's the airplanes or the airports. I hope she feels better soon.

Funny how we all have our own little worlds to retreat to!

Joanne~ Enjoy the kayaking. It was super hot here today also. It's exhausting when it gets so hot.

I took my daughter out shopping and then to dinner and I was so exhausted after just walking the little outside shopping center that I had to come home and rest.

Tomorrow is going to be a stay at home work day and I am so looking forward to that!

I got out a bunch of orders tonight so now I will reward myself with some tea and hopefully a good nights sleep.

So sad about Robin Williams passing. He has always been there to make us laugh, so sad that he was a tortured soul.
0 Likes

Thanks Debra I love it also. I think I'll be making some more. I love it because of the different color combinations.
Yes it is so sad about R.W I could hardly believe it.
Today it's going to be raining out all day. I'm going up by my daughter and will be back by Saturday
Will talk to you all sat.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I was shocked that Robin Williams was dead, so unbelievably sad. Such a huge talent and amazing soul. So sorry that he had his struggles. Suicide is such a horrible thing :(

Raining here today and tomorrow, should be fun with all the littles :/

Kitty-love your new sets!! You are on the ball staying ahead of the game! Wish I was further ahead :)

Joanne-enjoy kayaking! I can't do anything physical like that due to my arthritis, it leaves me in bed for days. Well that and my heart issues too. No fun stuff for me!

0 Likes

Hey everyone, happy Tuesday!

Deb - I know what you mean about the heat! If I step outside for a few minutes I have to come in and hydrate and rest for a while! And also the airports...my husband and I have both had little colds since we came back from Albany. There's a lot going around considering it's summer! Have fun with your stay-at-home day today! And congrats on the orders - yeah!!! :D Thanks for all the faves and for your sweet compliments on my work!

Mary Alice - thanks for all the faves! Safe travels to your daughter's - we'll look forward to hearing from you this weekend!

Rebecca - thanks for the faves and for your compliments! ^_^ I actually had to start working on those sets in June just to stay focused enough to actually finish them lol. Every year I say I'm going to put out holiday stuff, and I put it off till September and just never get around to it. Good luck with the kids today! Hopefully the rainy-ness will make them all sleepy for a nap lol!

I couldn't believe the news about Robin Williams!!! :O It's so sad, I never even knew he had emotional problems....it's sadly ironic that someone so funny could be so sad inside. He'll be missed!

Well, good luck with your day, ladies! Before you know it, we'll be in mid-August - wow!! Crazy! Ttyl!
0 Likes

P.S. Crochetgal - hope the appointments went well! And lol - I think the popcorn monster lives at my house, too, along with a bunch of other monsters!! :p
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, everyone- hope you're all well

Mary Alice- thanks for the nice review of the yarn- very sweet of you to think of me!

I was playing around with a ball of aran weight cashmere merino, and made myself a pair of slipper socks- then, to make them last longer, I put a leather sole on- we have a Tandy leather warehouse here in Boise so can get gorgeous leathers- anyway, they were so warm and toasty my feet felt like they were about 20 degrees hotter than the rest of my body. I was waiting to see flames shooting out from my toes! I had to take them off and set them aside until cooler weather.

This morning I went down to the river with my little dog, color-hunting- and he flushed out an otter- not quite fully grown, more like a teenager, but the otter moved over the rocks and into the water, then popped his head up to give us a look- first time I've ever seen an otter in the wild. He looked very happy. The rose hips on the wild roses are deep red- I can't believe the birds aren't all over them, they're so bright and pretty.

I've been working on my new batch for Art-O-Mat- having so much fun. I took a photo downtown of a piece of street art, then transferred the photo to tee shirt transfer paper, and I'm ironing it onto painted watercolor paper- really turning out well- the image is translucent due to the tee shirt transfer paper-

Hope everyone has a good day- Kitty, your autumn stuff is so cute!
0 Likes

Kitty ~ I have only put up one fall colored item which is an orange hat and booties and one of my friends saw it on Facebook and she bought it as a gift.
I think orange will be a hot color this year.
You are being very smart to get the holiday items up early. I am going to try and work on some more stockings but have been busy making booties.

Mary Alice~ I would check home catalogs i.e. pottery barn, to see what colors are trending in home decor and then make a shawl in that color. I know a lot of people like to have shawls on the back of chairs as little blankets while watching tv. And, crochet is supposed to be big again this fall. I saw crocheted pillows at Pier One.

Sarah~ We actually have otters in my backyard. They can get quite big and aggressive. The other day my dog Jimmy was sniffing by the water and just was going crazy. When I finally pulled him away I saw a little otter poke his head out. I love watching them play but keep my distance. A boy in a neighborhood nearby got attacked by an otter and unfortunately it had rabies. He's okay but of course he had to have the shots. Florida has rabid animals so I am always cautious of stray animals or wild life that starts to get too close.

The slippers must be beautiful with leather soles. Are you thinking of adding them to your shop? There is a shop on Etsy that sells slippers and she paints the bottom with some kind of rubber so they don't slip. I did download info on it once since I wanted to make slippers as gifts. I was afraid with the tile floors we have here that everyone would go flying.

Is aran weight yarn heavier than regular worsted weight? Cashmere slippers sound like a dream! I can see the flames now. Kind of a modern day Hermes only with flames instead of wings.

You have to post your art! Will it be in your shop? I still have to get to the art museum in town to see of the art-o-mat machine.

Rebecca~ Sorry to hear you have arthritis and heart issues. Is yours from childhood or have you developed arthritis as an adult? My cousin has been dealing with it since she is 12 and it often debilitates her for days.

Enjoying my stay at home day. Not too hot yet so I am on my patio.

Have a good day.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.