Here you go. Private and all.

Re: Chat Thread

Yes, it is Debra.  I guess since you're not all doing Etsy as much it is quiet.  I'm doing good,  I've been on Instagram more than here, though I have been placing items in my shop still.  2 weeks ago I got an order for a baby dress, and shipped it out but the post office for some reason couldn't deliver it, so it got returned.  I haven't heard anything from the woman either.  I sent her 2 messages.  Do I refund her the money?  I looked her up and found out shes' lived in 5 different places, and she's 81 years old?  So, I don't know what to make of this?  Any ideas?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

HI Guys, The package I sent this woman I got back.  When i Looked at the address I couldn't believe what I had written, and where I could of possibly have gotten the address i put down. I was looking straight at the address when I was putting on the envelope.  The # was no where near what the real address is.    I'm so mortified.  I hope she doesn't read her messages because I told her she would have to pay for the shipping if she wanted it shipped back.  Though I did just send her a new message saying it was my error and I will be reshipping it tomorrow.  I really for the life of me don't know how I got the address # I put on that package.  What the hell was I thinking.  Getting old sucks.  I hope to god I'm not getting alzeheimers. LOL.  But seriously I just can't believe what I did.  Oh well, that's life.  

0 Likes

Hi Ladies ~

Sorry to be MIA.  My son moved back to Florida and into my house until his apt is ready on the 14th.  With the three dogs and boxes everywhere I am a little out of sorts.  I haven't reopened my shop because my son is using my crochet space as his office so until he moves I am not reopening.

MaryAlice ~ I enjoy seeing your things on instagram along with Lisa's postings.  I am so glad for the label service on Etsy because if I had to write the mailing labels everything would be a mess.  Many times customers will contact me to say they entered the wrong shipping address and will then send me the correct one.  I hate when they do this because I am always fearful I will enter the wrong address.  You had a brain fart, it happens.  I get them all the time now.  I think it's inactivity from covid that is affecting us.  I am sure your customer will be happy with the dress, your work is so beautiful. 

How is the house coming along?  

Lisa ~ Hope you are doing well along with Don and your family.  Love all your little coasters and mats. 

This past weekend I took my daughter to Vero Beach where she was taking her exam for billing and coding. Her exam was at 8am on Saturday so we drove up Friday after her work and stayed overnight at a Holiday Inn on the beach. While she was taking her test I hung out and walked around the cute little beachside town.   After her exam we drove about 45 minutes north to visit my son's family. Due to covid, it was the first time my daughter got to meet her nephew who is now 14 months old.  She hadn't seen Violet since Christmas of 2019.  Thank goodness for facetime and iphone photos.  

Yesterday, for Mother's Day, I had Alexa and her husband, my son Jonathan, my brother and mother over for pizza.  After traveling all weekend I was a bit beat but at least we got to be together. 

My dog Jimmy is not getting along with my son's french bulldog.  I have had the bulldog at the dr and ER twice for bites and puncture to his ear and one to his eyelid.  I couldn't believe how vicious Jimmy was.  It's difficult keeping them apart but I realized the fights were over food and territory so now everyone is fed separately and food comes up after 15 minutes so no bowls are around to fight over.    The bulldog wants to sleep in bed with me and the other two dogs but not happening.  That's all I need is a fight to break out in the middle of the night and it's me that gets attacked.  So, the dog thing is a bit exhausting.  I have a feeling I will be watching the bulldog a lot so I need a good system in place.

I hope everyone has a good week and stays healthy.  Have you all had your vaccine?  My family is all vaccinated so it's nice to be able to gather without masks.  

0 Likes
hooknsaw
Crafty Poster

Mary Alice, don't beat yourself up, stuff happens!  My last big shipping mishap was sending the wrong scarf to a customer!  I then sent her the scarf she ordered and told her to keep the one I sent accidentally and she came back and bought several more.  If you can use a shipping service that imports the information. 

Debra, your posts with Chance are too cute on IG ... I'm so jealous, I think Frenchies are one of the cutest dog breeds with their own very unique personality!  I'm sorry you are dealing with "dog drama".  My son brought his 2 little dogs on Sunday and we had fits breaking up fights and making sure no-one 2 or 4 legged got bit!   Years ago, I had all of my kids visiting and 6 little dogs in the house, they started fighting and Don yelled at them in Spanish 'callete peros and they all went to their own corners ... soo funny! 

We finally got vaccinated last week, I was holding out for the J and J, and I had slight muscle ache for 24 hours after, but nothing that would stop me from normal day to day life.  As I'm sure most people are, I am so tired of covid dictating life and the news and craziness that seems to be everywhere!

Mothers day was great, I actually had all 3 kids visit on the same day!!!  My oldest son and family came over in the morning so I started the day with granddaughter love and then my daughter and son-in-law brought lunch (Red Lobster) and my youngest son had lunch with us.  Lunch was great and the company was even better!

Mary Alice, congrats to your daughter again!  I am enjoying seeing your posts on IG!

I finished my bird designs and they should be published soon at Annie's.  I've been working on some dog mug mats and am starting to post / list those.  I visit my Dad every other day and work on projects (when I am home) to keep my brain and hands active.   I am finding if I don't crochet every day I have hand cramps / issues, anyone ever deal with this?

Chat more soon, I hope everyone else is well!

0 Likes

Hi Ladies ~

So much time has gone by since I've read the posts.  I swear it must be covid fog because time seems to be flying by and I hardly remember what I have been doing.  My sister-in-law cut my hair about a month ago and I was telling her it was only 2 weeks ago.  I checked my calendar and she was right.  

Lisa- Chance is so cute but he's a handful.  He's aggressive with Jimmy and the last fight they had it was Chance who started it.  I was on my patio with the two of them going at it and swinging a garbage bag, full of garbage, at them to break it up.  Thank goodness no one was hurt.  I told my son to expect him back this coming weekend, I need a break and so does Jimmy.  I have to say Chance is super cute and weird.  He's like a short tough guy, huge head and shoulders and this teeny body and stubby legs.  He's 31 pounds and the way he's built it makes it difficult to move him and picking him up is almost impossible.  

How's you dad doing?  So nice that you go to see him so often.  I'm not that great with my mom.  She's only 15 minutes away but I can't deal with her in person that often.  We had her out to lunch yesterday for my brother's b/day.  She complained the whole time and was mad we took her to a sports bar and said we didn't consider her at all in the restuarant choice.  She's probably right but it was my brother's b/day and he gets to pick the restaurant.  She hated the food, the chair, the noise coming from the street and by the time she got home she told me it was her worst lunch experience ever. Drama, drama drama!

Congrats on all of your work with Annie's.  Your mats are so nice!  You do amazing work.   I love to crochet and do it most days but I don't think I get cramps if not crocheting.  It must be like exercising, if I don't do it I am so sore and tight in my back.  I haven't really done anything, not even a walk since Neal passed away.  I lost weight and kept it off but only because I don't eat right.  I have to get moving again, this is not healthy.  

My daughter and her husband had the J&J shot but they got sick for a few days.  I had to bring them food.  My son-in-law had covid and he said the shot made him feel just as sick.  They had all the symptons of covid including fevers and chills.  I had the moderna shots and the second one knocked me out for two days.

IF I wrote all this before sorry.  I can't remember sh*t and I haven't read past posts.  

Mary Alice ~ I love seeing your work on instagram.  I love instagram, it gives us a chance to see what everyone is working on.  How's the house?  Were you able to get the repairs done?  Are you enjoying it now that the weather is getting nicer?

I'm putting my shop on vacation mode this Thursday evening.  I am just not enjoying it at the moment.  If I miss it I will open, that's the beauty of Etsy.  I have plans for June with family coming in and celebrating my mom's 98th b/day so that's on my head.  Also in July I'm taking Alexa and her husband to Colorado for my nephew's wedding.  We are only going for 2 nights but it's another thing on my head.  I use to be able to do so many things, lots of balls in the air but since covid and the lockdown I have forgotten how to do things.  If I have more than one thing in a day that I have to do I am in a panic.  So, with the party I am planning for family and a small weekend trip I am all flustered!  I can't concentrate on my shop.  I hope I get my mojo back but as of now my mojo is gone.

Hope everyone is well along with your families.  Take care ladies.  See you on instagram. 

0 Likes

Good Evening everyone.

The weather here these past few days has knocked the crap out of me.  It's been like 3 straight days of 90 degree weather.  It makes me sluggish and tired. Tomorrow it will be raining, but in the 80's.  I guess I can deal with that.

Not much really done on the house.  I mean the major stuff is finished, with just a few other things having to get done.  But now that my son in law and daughter are back working full time they don't have much time to come over and do anything, so it has to wait.  

I've been very very busy on FB Marketplace.  I've been selling boho 70's  crochet granny style hats like crazy.  I didn't know this was going to be such a hit.  I did like 20 hats so far.  I also sold a fruit and veggie bag I made.  I still have 3 more hats to make.  If you look in my etsy shop you will be which one I'm speaking out.  I might start making matching bags as I have a pattern that would go great with the hat.  For some reason the 70's boho style is very popular.

I haven't gotten the shot.  My own personal reasons I won't go into.  My grandson got it, and he was sick for 2 days.  

It's so good to see your stuff on Instagram Debbie, I love the cute teething ring with matching booties.  Adorable.  I love Lisa's place mats.  She's doing so well with them.  I love Annie's stuff as it's so original.  Once the hat's die down I want to start doing some other stuff.  Their is so many great patterns out there.  I can't believe it's June already.  Where has the time gone?  a half a year, before you know it, it will be Christmas again.  I haven't been on here in awhile either,  I check once in awhile, but not too often.  I guess we are all busy doing other things.  I love Instagram also, so many great artists out there, I love looking at all the crochet stuff, and what different people make.  I also have a pinterest account but I've been sadly neglecting it,  I should go back and post some stuff.  That's also a good way to advertise.  

Yes Debra, the older we get the slower we get, and time just blends into one day seeming like the other.  I've gained so much weight since COVID it's disgusting.  I can't fit in to half my clothes anymore.  It's all in my stomach and butt.  I keep saying I'll go for a walk or ride my bike, but I guess I talk a good talk.  When the weather gets cooler.

Our house stays cool because we have trees all around us, so it blocks out a lot of the sun., though it does get sunny in the house later on in the day.  We have so many cute animals visit us.  Especially deer.  We have like 2 or 3 come by every few days.  Bob feeds all the animals.  He's an animal lover also.  We have a pesky squirrel that jumps from the tree on to our roof the somehow climbs down the side and gets on the bird feeder and steals the suit that we feed the wood pecks and birds with.  He doesn't go away till you feed him some corn.  This evening we had a deer right at our back patio eating some of the corn that wasn't finished.  What a beautiful animal.  I took a lot of pictures, some times in the morning there are 2 or more on our front lawn. 

Once in awhile i would see some by my daughters house in the back, but where I am now, it's a daily  occurrence.  This morning she had a large snapping turtle, her neighbor took some food and threw it so he would go in the water in the back . That's my adventure.  It's getting late so I will say goodnight to you all, and have a great week.  See you both on instagram.

0 Likes
hooknsaw
Crafty Poster

Sorry to be so MIA lately.  My Dad passed away on May 23rd and I am just now trying to get back in the swing of things.  Thankfully my FL sister flew in over Memorial weekend and helped me get some of Dad's affairs in order.  My sister that lives here is most helpful when she doesn't speak or act on her impulses.  Dad's services will be next week, when my FL sister can fly in again.  Dad and Mom were both cremated and they are being buried at Santa Fe National Cemetery together.

I hadn't picked up a crochet hook in almost 3 weeks, but finally started some new designs last night.  Annie's wants me to do a 4th book that will be published next year some time.  I don't know what the theme is yet, but looking forward to the challenge.  

Mary Alice, congrats on all the sales!!!  When an item is trendy it can sell really well for a long time!  How fun to have deer roaming that close!  In the desert here, we have our different birds, tiny ground squirrels and lots of bunnies and lizards.  No big critters.  Our weather has been awful, hot, dry and smokey from fires.  

Debra, I'm glad you got to send Chance home and get a break from the doggie drama!  Lol, I think they are worse than fighting toddlers at times!  So sorry your Mom is like that.  My grandmother was like that and I never cared to visit with her, NOTHING made that woman happy!  My sister that lives here is super negative about everything and add a stressor and she goes off the rails!

I've been working on my house and trying to catch up with decluttering and cleaning that has been ignored for months now.  It took me 5 days to sort through my office and yarn room but it helped get my creative muse flowing again.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

0 Likes

Lisa:  So sorry to hear about your Dad.  My deepest condolenses.  Keeping yourself busy is the best therapy.  Hopefully your sister will calm down. It's hard to be around people who are so negative. I really need to clean up the basement where all my yarn and that is stored.  I have started so many projects, and they are just sitting there.  I'll get around to them someday.  Yes, it's amazing how busy I am with these hats I'm making.  It seems everyone wants one.  Thank goodness they are easy to make, just a lot of ends to weave in, which I don't like, but it's ok.  I've sold over 20 so far.  I listed one for this woman and before she could purchase it someone else bought it.  I told her I'm going to list it here, as I don't get that many sales here, and this way she will have a chance.  She needs it buy the end of the month.  It's crazy.  

Thank goodness Annie's loves your work.  I do too.  I plan on making the dog mat as soon as I calm down with the hats.  This other lady now wants to know if I would make a bag to match a hat she wants.  So I said I would.  But that will cost a lot more than the hat.

Debra:  Chance is so cute, but like you said a handful.  That's the way my daughter and son in laws dog Circe is:  She the most adorable dog, but boy is she active.  She tells you when she wants to play by bringing her ball to you,and shoving it on your lap, or if she wants you to chase her she will grab socks and run around the house.  She's too much.  She's a year and a half now.  I hope she calms down soon.  She keeps you hopping.

Ok ladies, see you on instagram.  Gotta run.

0 Likes

Lisa ~ I am so sorry to hear about your dad.  I know until you get things settled it can be very stressful plus coping with grief.  Sending you and your family much love.  Only you will know when you are ready to start getting back into things. No time lines when your dealing with grief and organizing affairs.  

Good thing is, it's sounds like you have lots of projects ahead and it's good to keep moving. You know the drill, just take it one day at a time.  

If you get a chance, may I please have your address?  I know you've given it to me before so I am sorry that I have to request it again.  

MaryAlice - Congrats on breaking into a trend and doing so well!  Good for you!  I'll check out your shop.

Your area sounds so nice with trees and wildlife. That's really a huge part of the charm of your area.   Our wildlife is of the scarier type.  My brother fishes in my backyard and the other day an otter came way to close, then a water moccassin started getting agressive.  While he's out in the yard fishing I am checking on him every 15 minutes or so to make sure he's ok.  He got his leg stuck in quick sand at another fishing location so he's like watching a two year old.  He was able to free his leg but lost his shoe in the process and really scraped his other leg bad while twisting his body to free his leg. I hate when he fishes at that particular location because it's desolate. 

Just after I posted about Jimmy and Chance fighting they had another terrible fight.  I couldn't break them apart.  Jimmy put a gash on the bottom of Chance's ear that required 4 stitches.  I was covered in blood that was flying every where.  Jimmy's face was bleeding but Chance was covered in blood.  Once I was able to get them apart, I have no idea how I did it, I rushed Chance to the emergency vet about 20 minutes from my house.   I couldn't take both so the one covered in blood went.   Chance stayed there while they fixed him up and I ran home to see how Jimmy was.  He was ok but totally shaken.  His injury wasn't as bad just a cut to his lip.  I cleaned up the blood, changed my clothes and then headed back to the ER to pick up Chance.  The next day he went home with my son.  Real scary situation and I was totally wiped out from it.

I hope everyone stays well.  Talk soon.

0 Likes

Lisa ~ I found your address.  Stay well and take care of yourself.  

0 Likes

Hi Ladies ~

I hope all is well with everyone.  

We celebrated my mom's 98th b/day on the 21st.  We had family in town and my mom finally got to meet my grandson.  It was a fun party and it was good to be with relatives we hadn't seen in quite awhile.

Right after the party, the husband of my good friend passed away.  He was dealing with cancer for 4 years and had been doing pretty well.  I had dinner with them less than a month ago and he seemed pretty good but when the end came it was fast.  

I broke my pinky toe a day or so before the party.  I caught it on the edge of a pillar I have on my patio.  I heard it crack but didn't have time with family in town to get it checked out so I limped around and taped it up.  I finally got to the dr today and he just taped it up and told me to wear hard sole shoes or a boot.  I passed on the boot.  Hurts but the worst part is Jimmy keeps stepping on my foot and pulling my toe.  I saw stars this morning when he did it once again!

I hope everyone is having a pleasant summer.   Lisa, I know it's super hot out west.  Hope your family is doing well since the passing of your dad.  My brother always quotes a phrase from a  Willie Nelson song to me, You'll never get over it but you will get through it.  Kind of been my mantra.

Anyone hear from Sue Ellen?

Take care ladies.

0 Likes

I just sent Sue Ellen a message via her Etsy shop.  I know she was having trouble posting to the team, who hasn't, so hopefully I will hear back.

1 Like
hooknsaw
Crafty Poster

Debra, I hope your toe is healing.  The shop door caught the top of my foot in the wind and I still have a lump and tender (6 weeks later).  

Thank you so much for the beautiful card!  I love the idea of donating and sending a card.  My granddaughters planted a tree, in the same way, for Mother's day!  

I've not heard from Sue Ellen, I hope she is well and enjoying her birds!  I'm going to stop here, and see if this will actually post.

Happy 4th!

1 Like

Hi Ladies ~

It took me a minute to navigate here.  The whole team area has changed.  

Lisa ~ You're welcome. Hope you and your family are doing well.  I love all the great things you post on instagram.  You do amazing work.  

Well, my toe was better until I slipped on water by the dog bowl and went flying.  I landed on my left hip, my arm crashed onto the wood stand that holds the dog bowls and my broken toe hit the kitchen cabinet.  I laid there for a minute because the pain in my arm was making me nauseous.  I didn't break anything but my arm is still sore and tender.

I am really becoming a major klutz!  I think it's because I am always rushing to do the next thing and never paying attention to where I am.  My brother has the same problem.  He's always smacking into something.  

Today I had the pool repair man here.  My brother was kind enough to come over to make sure everything was getting fixed properly.  My pool had been massively leaking, losing about 3 inches of water a day.  I had to keep refilling it so my water bill was triple the amount it should be.  After that was fixed my brother noticed water in my garage.  My hot water heater broke!  I swear this house is a money pit!!!  Plumber is coming tomorrow.  

I would love to downsize but the housing market here is insane.  Things are going for above asking price.  It's great for a seller but as a buyer I would be paying a ton of money for a smaller house and most likely it will need a ton of upgrading.  So, until I find something I will stay in my house and fingers crossed it stops breaking!!

I was in Denver the weekend of the 9th for my nephew's wedding.  Cool town but so freaking hot!  It felt like a dry oven to me.  Wedding was so much fun.  The two families blended seamlessly which was amazing.  

My shop has not been busy at all,  I am as busy as I want to be so that's fine.  

Mary Alice ~ How's your house coming?  Are you enjoying your beautiful upstate summer?    I guess a lot of your festivals will be starting next month.  Hope your family is all well.

My sister and I are going to San Diego to visit my brother and his wife at end of September.  I haven't been out to his home in over 12 years.  I'm taking my daughter as well so we should have some good times. 

I still haven't heard from Sue Ellen but if anyone does please let me know.

Have a good weekend ladies and stay well and cool.

0 Likes

Hi Ladies~

Just checking in to see how you all are doing.  Things here are ok.  Just trying to avoid covid cooties and hanging out with my brother and sister.  

Mary Alice ~ I love the work you are posting on instagram.  Really beautiful and intricate items.

Lisa ~ You are so talented!  I just love everything you are posting on instagram.  I bow down to you and Mary Alice with your amazing crochet talents.  

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer.  I haven't seen my grandkids since June.  My son and dil's house was flooded back in April and until the work is done they are living at the in-laws.  My dil's mother got covid even though she's double vaccinated.  She has compromised immune system but she is doing much better now.  My fear was that the  grandkids, dil and son would get sick but so far, knock wood, they are ok.  The construction work in my son and dil's house should be done this week and then I am up there in a flash.  Thank goodness for facetime calls.  

Nothing much else is happening.  My shop has been as busy as I want for now.  I keep a limited amount of items available and just work at a comfortable pace.  

Looking forward to hearing from you ladies.  Take care and stay safe.

0 Likes

Good Afternoon everyone.  

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.  Thank you so much Debra.  I get bored doing simple things, so that's why I do what I do. The only thing I did simple was when I made the bucket granny style hats and sold them on FB Marketplace.  I made more money there that I ever did on Etsy.  I see so many lovely patterns that I want to do, and I have so many projects started and not done. That's a bad habit of mine. Plus buying yarn when I see it's on sale. Thank goodness I have my own crochet room, but I still have an over abundance of yarn.

Lisa: I love your sunflower wall hanging..  You're so versatile, and I love all your patterns.  I started the dog pattern you sent me, but still haven't finished it. Right now I'm liking mosaic crochet, I look in instagram and some of these patterns and projects that are made and they are absolutley gorgeous.  I love redsparrows patterns.  As a matter of fact I did one pattern in mosaic crochet in dark pink light pink and it came out really nice.  It was a scarf pattern from yarninspirations   I'll take a pic and post it on instagram.  I'm working on a poncho now it's almost finished.  It's done in all granny squares.  I just have to put the fringe on and make a tie cord for it and it will be done.

I feel like I'm getting another cold.  My throat is scratch and I'm coughing.  Hopefully not.  Besides that nothing else new here.  Been going to a lot of yard sales here and flea markets.  Being it's summer there all over the place.

Oh, before I forget, I posted this  problem I'm having in the forums, but maybe one of you ladies can help me solve it.  I posted an item from my Etsy shop on to fb.  When I looked on my fb page, instead of showing my shop, it had a picture of a black womens head, showing gold earring with the word Alex on it.  It had my item listed, but not my name just the pic of the woman.  Was my shop hacked by someone else, and there using my listing?  Who would I contact to straighten this out.  I deleted the fb page, but I'm just wondering now what this is. Can anyone help me with this.  Thanks.

0 Likes
hooknsaw
Crafty Poster

Mary Alice, the facebook share and the wrong image seems to be an etsy glitch.  Here is a thread in the forums  https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Facebook-Shares-Showing-Wrong-Picture/m-p/135246846#M...

I hope everyone is well and I will chat more soon.  

0 Likes

Thanks so much Lisa.

0 Likes

Hi Ladies ~

It took me a couple tries to find the team.  Everything has changed as far as teams are concerned.

I want to wish you all a very happy and healthy holiday season.  Sending love to you all.  Miss you ladies!

0 Likes

Yes Debra, you also.  Miss are little chats., and miss you too. I've been doing a lot of sales on FB Market place and my own website on FB called Handmade Crochet.  Etsy, just rips people off with all their fees.  It really doesn't pay for me to have this shop any longer.  Might just cancel in the near future.  I guess will have to chat on Instagram. Happy, healthy, and safe holidays.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.