Hi Everyone Etsy has become very bland as far as forming relationships with people.

Here is our chance to get to know each other :)

Hi I'm Chris great to meet you!
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Chat Central

Jump to solution
@Karen, you're crazy, I'm depressed at the cold air coming in! I miss my daily swims already. I was thinking of getting one of those plastic balls that you can get in and walk on the water just so that I can still get my fix!

Halloween will be wonderful, I hope you'll don your exciting masks and costumes. :-)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I hate the cold too! And wet, and windy... Although I've been in Britain many years, I can't get used to the weather here...There's not enough sun. :(
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Oh yes, halloween will be fun here :)

I've cheered up no end since the nights started drawing in lol - must be a goth thing....
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi everyone! I'm Susan and new to this group. Just wanted to pop in and say 'hello'. It's nice to be here!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hey everybody! I'm a new member in this group and looking forward to meet new people here!:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
*waves at Susan and Olga*

hello :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Congratulations Marlene, that was a lovely treasury.
Nice to see you here, Olga.
Quite an international team; Wales, Lithuania, England, etc. I'm near Vancouver Canada so suffering the same onset of wet, windy weather as the U.K. Should not complain as we had a stunning summer (super rare here) but I do fine it depressing when the sun goes into hiding. On the other hand, it pretty much ends the garden chores which will free up lots of time.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Susan and Olga! Nice to meet you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi y'all..Looking forward to meeting new people here..I am a wood turner from Deep Southern Texas..If you have any questions for me fire away..Have a good night all..Thank you once again for the invite Molly..
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi everyone!
I'm Rob, the owner and maker of Antico Tornitore, the ancient woodturner.
It's a pleasure to join this wonderful team. I hope to make a lot of new friends and share very nice experiences.

Bye,
Rob (Antico Tornitore)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hello Scott and Rob :)

This team gets bigger every time I come in here :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
*Waves to everyone* Awesome to see new people! Glad to see this thread active as well. I like this team because there are people from literally all over the globe!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi, everyone! It's been nice to find your re/pins! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
wow, this thread has moved quickly! Its been a little while since I last checked in, mind. Nice to see though!

Hello everybody *waves*, I shall check in more often now I know that everyone is actually chatting! For now though, I have to chase car insurers after a lorry knocked a wall over onto my car!

Bye for now!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi all!

Oh dear, how annoying Love of Chocolate! Good luck with insurers.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Morning, (just about)

Thanks Eureka, that calf muscle is doing better but I had cramp in my other one this morning so not sure what to say. :P Going to try having tonic water every day to see it if helps. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi there, My name is Aisha and I came over to see what this team is about :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Aisha. Nice to meet you!

I have been busy making a baby blanket for a friend (who bought it for another friend whose wife is pregnant) and also writing a zombie book.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I've been busy getting local orders out and finishing up things, so I can go on a much needed holiday.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
@BlueButterflyCrafts.... The company who knock the wall on my car has acknowledged that I am trying to contact them! Progress, finally!

@Maggie... Baby blankets & zombie books, sounds like a very odd combination; don't get things confused!

@Joyce.. I am feeling a need for a holiday too.. don't think I am going to be able to get away until next summer now tho :(
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hello everybody! I am new to Team Craftori and I am from the Bay Area, California :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Thanks Maggie :)

I am very busy with the Christmas items. Together with my French classes and the promotion for the shop I feel a bit stressed, but I am sure it will turn out alright eventually.

Must say I have difficulty's with promoting properly, I have not yet found the perfect way to draw costumers to the shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi teamies,

This is my first time in this chat! I'd love to meet some of you as my team members & get to know you better.

A bit about me- I'm divorced, and after my attorney stole all my money, I now live in an apartment in N. Florida with my son (make that vice versa-he lives w/me lol!) He's a Sr. at Univ. of Florida, and just last week decided for the second time to change his major. He started out w/Marine Biology, changed to Criminology, and now has decided to return to Marine Bio again. All I care about is that he does what he wants with his life- if it takes an extra year of school, so be it. (Back in the mid 70s when it was MY time, I wanted to go to school for art but wasn't allowed to...you can guess where that got me. Only about eight years ago did I start doing art work, and was only able to because I became disabled after cancer (a word of advice- if you smoke, QUIT.)

I've been an Etsy seller since Nov. 2011, though Etsy has me starting in 2010 and won't change that....I must have bought something and had to open shop to do that.) As with many, I face my promotion challenges but I'm just gettting ready for a big push in revamping my shop for Fall/Winter. LOTS of revisions to do after getting a shop diagnostic done by Eureka! Well worth it, by the way, if you haven't had one!

But this is a chat that isn't supposed to be about Etsy, right? So other than Etsy... I just started a really neat thing, which Aisha (just above) made me think of- I love to paint, took oil and pastel classes a number of years ago, but never learned how to draw! SO...just yesterday I got a drawing course in the mail, called "The 5 Pencil Method" (I hope it's ok to say that here)- the teacher gives some free classes on You Tube which I took, and liked so much I signed up for a whole course. Can't wait to get started!!

Other than that, I also just recently jjoined our local Orchid Gardening club due to my love of orchids but ever since growing my first, every one I've ever purchased has died on me, so I'm hoping I'll become a better orchid gardener after I get into this (still have to attend my first meeting.) I have visions of a whole wall of orchids in my living room!

I'd love to get out more but have fibromyalgia (or so they say, I don't believe in it)as a real disease, I think it's a side effect of many other possible things from what I have heard everyone else I know tell me)...but due to this, from Spring to Fall it's rainy season here and somehow that affects me, so I'm home most of the time. These days, besides working on Etsy (which takes most of my time) I've just been drawing chakra mandalas-- having lots of fun combining art nouveau style with the new "zentangle" style that everyone's into now...which is actually just doodling with a fancy name, I think. The challenge comes in creating something unique, as every chakra has to have a certain number of petals, and I don't want to do anything that could be considered copyright infringement- there are so many mandalas already on the web, I have to be pretty careful in making sure my designs are different "enough" than everyone else's.

I'm also looking for someone who knows how to take an original drawing or painting and turn it into prints or cards to sell. If anyone reading this knows how to do that, please please convo me! I tried buying a printer that was supposed to be good for that, but it's turned out to be lousy, so for basic stuff I need a better printer- does anyone have one that works well for them? And/or does anyone know a PLACE where they can somehow send their original and have it copied?

I'll drop back in here later, and keep up with this thread. I would love to hear what some of the rest of you do with your free time, interests, places you go, anything else!

I'm off to start a treasury for this team. With over 13,000 members I guess I'll just start in the middle and maybe by 2020 I'll have everyone added to at least one treasury!!!!

I wish you all an extraordinary day!

Lisa

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Morning,

Just about to go for breakfast so though I would say hi first. :)

Nice to meet you Lisa. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Dayz and all,

Sorry for the long "intro" message I gave last page- I get carried away writing and don't realize just how long my "notes" get! Bad habit I picked up when sick, I'm trying to break it- NOT easy 'cuz it's all I did for 10 months, wrirte, write, write.
Well, y'all know almost all there is to know about me now though, lol.

I notice lots of "business" chats in this thread- is this an ok thing or not, I think I'm confused.

Back now to working on my first team treasury- having GREAT fun seeing what you all have in your shops. Why are so many shops empty though? I started with "M" and more than 3/4 of what I saw had shops with nothing in them.

I hope everyone has an EXTRAORDINARY day...that's one of my mottos- if a day is "ordinary" I find something, even a tiny little thing, to make it extraordinary before I go to sleep at night. Jot it down in a notebook by my bed, to read when I'm REALLY old to remind myself life is so very worthwhile!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.