Former_Member
I had a terrible time trying to come up with a title for this thread and still hope you all would know what I meant.

I imagine this is asked a lot, and I did do a search, but didn't find just what I was looking for.

What are some things, possibly unusual, that you have used to display your things at a show?

Here are a couple of things I've thought could help.

* I have some wire racks, covered with white plastic like stuff, that you can use to stack more dishes, plates, etc. in your kitchen cupboards. I thought this would be a good way to get my things up off the table.

* a drying rack - you know those fold up like a pair of scissors things made of dowel rods to dry clothes on? That will be for tree skirts (and maybe table runners if I have loads of time)

Do you have more ideas?

Re: What is your neatest rack or way to display?

Kevin - Oh! I guess I had it set to "only friends". There, now it's public! :)

Let's try this again:
https://www.facebook.com/stefan.fromme/activity/10151844549152023

Seriously, still loving this display and it will have it's first test run this Friday, hooray! :D
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sophie, this past weekend was the first time I had used these same squares you are talking about. I love them. Due to the size, they are so versatile. I made a free standing form and still had some to hang on one side of my tent. I liked them so much that I am buying another set this week and will do the same with them.

The free standing form was in the shape of a triangle and I used it to display my bags and a few skirts. The rest I hung as a group on the wall and displayed a few things there as well. I like this much better than what I am currently displaying my hats that do not fit on my hat forms.

Maybe you can see the form in this pic.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=405625902893781&set=pb.188903884565985.-2207520000.138062326...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have made many of these for others to display items that hang:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/105166236/art-show-display-craft-fair-art-festival?ref=shop_home_active

https://www.etsy.com/listing/130025437/craft-fair-display-rotating-ear-ring?ref=shop_home_active

With a few tools and supplies from the hardware store anyone can build on. The case or cylinder shape can be made from any solid sturdy vessel and the then the entire section is screwed to a Lazy-Susan. Those parts are purchased from a hardware store.

If you are lucky enough to have a Handy-man in your life I'm sure he can build on for you.

I find that customers enjoy things that rotate. Much like a department store setup. I can display 45 pairs of ear rings, have storage and rest a bowl on the top of these with my business cards inside........all the space of 12 inches.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm glad I found this team. You all are offering up some really great ideas. My husband cut cattle panels .... yes cattle panels, to fit my canopy tent and I can hang from both sides. It worked great last weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=591970320849049&set=pcb.591970344182380&type=1&theater
0 Likes

I use old shutters, old suitcases, old wooden crates and furniture like curio cabinets and wooden shelves. Once you find your style you will be looking at everything in new ways and start seeing everything as a display oppurtunity!
0 Likes

I had some lattice for shading lettuce in my garden; but it was bitter, no matter what I did.......

So I had help and put 2 pieces together with a frame and hinge, making 2 of them and use one for scarves and one for hanging towels and potholders.

Here's the instructions I used: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/49328558390974104/

Make whatever length you want, use some wood laying around for framing. I put little chalk board signs in the corner, example- try me on and button me on so I don't fall off. I stacked them in the back on my truck and the chalk board paint stuck to the white and vice versa. I had to repaint, and now I put a cloth in-between the chalkboard sign and the other side.

I haven't taken pics of it yet. At the next show I will and share them.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sophie and LovemeKnots - where did you find the metal square grids that you made into displays?

Thank you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crudeco/3096760288/in/photostream
(A vintage pallet covered in muslin and painted to match the theme of my canopy space.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crudeco/2520746029/in/photostream
(now its the same but its all suspended from the top of the canopy, I don't use the chairs anymore.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crudeco/4588436581/in/photostream
( A recycled, reclaimed Timex watch display that rotates and now display 45 pairs of ear drops in 12" of space.)

These are my favorite displays.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm taking in all that everyone said and looking at all the displays. I will be doing my first craft show soon and this thread was such a big help. Thanks.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The wood A-frame stand with three shelves is my favorite! It's light weight yet sturdy and collapses down to travel really well. https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1395396_10153315937585024_1156827066_n.jpg
0 Likes
ecarlateboutique
Inspiration Seeker

I went round and round with my display having my boyfriend make things then they were to bulky to transport etc. He came up with a brilliant idea of using the wire cubes that are tool less assembly. They are typically used for closet organization or in a utility room. I bought mine at Target and they were with the closet organization section. Anyhow, they work perfectly for my pillows and I build them to suit what I need for a particular show. Then I take them apart and they go right back into the 14" x 14" box.

I have gotten a few more boxes for my upcoming indoor show and will be building them like a bookcase. Love it!!
0 Likes
ClaybyStacia
Inspiration Seeker

I have a lattice display with a frame around it. I learned the hard way that in the rain, wood glue can dissolve, and the frame can go crashing down, along with your pottery. I suggest nails, or at least water-proof wood glue. :-(
0 Likes

Stacia, I used nails and interior semi gloss paint, since it was under a canopy for the frame. I had high winds at my last show and had tacky looking bungee cords attaching it to the frame of my canopy. It looked horrid but didn't fall over.

Sorry for your loss of product. I hope you were able to save some of it and the display.

I made a diy easel from my pinterest board, craft fair, http://www.pinterest.com/pin/49328558390943329/ and the mirror kept falling, and the easel stayed up . I stupidly kept putting the mirror back up. The 3rd time was a charm, broke all over the place. When I do find another mirror to fit in the frame or another mirror, I'll Velcro it to the easel...
0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

I just found an interested wine rack in the shape of stacked wire rectangles, that we're going to use to display our leather cuffs with etched steel. Will be painting it another color, probably silver.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jeannie Williams, I found mine at Kmart. I've used them 3 times now and each time my husband has had positive things to say about them. He has been helping me out lately.
0 Likes
ClaybyStacia
Inspiration Seeker

I did get to save my lattice structure, and only lost about five pieces. I've nailed it all together now, and it works great again!

I also like the mug trees that my husband and I made. We got some decorative rails that are for under banisters (Lowe's or Home Depot), and wooden shaker pegs (Hobby Lobby), drilled holes in the rails, and glued in the pegs. Works great! The base is a beveled oval of wood, also from Hobby Lobby.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love thrift stores. I display my tags in a picture frame that I covered with cork board paper and a piece of velvet - luxurious!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I had some pens made from whiskey barrel pieces, and I displayed them in shot glasses.
0 Likes
FurriPersonal
Inspiration Seeker

I am seeing some really good ideas here but I sell dog/cat coats and accessories and i still don't know a good way to display them. I usually lay them flat on the table ( I am really looking for custom orders because each dog is different) . I also make blankets for your pet and lie these down also. Any better ideas? The only thing i hang is my dog ties and bow tieson a really cool display i bought from a crafter who was selling off her displays.
0 Likes

I have changed my display so many times. Displays have to fold flat for transport and be light enough for me to handle on my own. I purchased wooden shelving from Woodland Marketing. They are versatile and light weight. Sign up for their mailing list and wait for a coupon. I have recommended them to so many people, I should get a commission.

I also use the clothes drying racks for things like burp cloths and towels, an artificial Christmas tree for ornaments, a coat tree for purses, etc.

It seems that my display is constantly evolving.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I used a metal cooling rack for baking propped up in a silver plate display holder for my beaded ornaments. I actually made purchases to ladies because of the rack. "How ingenious, clever, eye catching"
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Carole-
I saw a really cute display for small dog coats a few years ago. The took a board and attached several paper towel holder to it. Painted it with doggie prints, and draped the dog coats over them. They highlighted just a few, and had others in a basket underneath the display.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I went to a estate sale this weekend and got so much stuff! I plan on repainting pretty much all of it.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.