Rug in your booth

Do any of you use an outdoor rug in your booth? I really like the way it makes a booth look more like a store and the streets where most of my events take place are really gross.
So, is it worth the expense and space in my car? Do people trip over it? Thanks for any input or opinions!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: Rug in your booth

I put one in my booth and I really liked the look and so did my customers! Plus if anything fell, it was much easier to retrieve it and keep it clean than if it fell onto dirt! Had that happen way too many times!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have a rug and I love the look but I am always nervous about someone tripping on it. (no one has)
0 Likes

A rug sounds really cool! I think it would make your booth look really professional.
0 Likes

Yes, I use rugs at both my indoor and outdoor shows (unless it is raining). My customers seem to like it, it gives them a soft surface to stand on, and it defines my space. A tip I read (probably on this team) is to store them rolled with the carpet side facing out. That way when you unroll them the curve will be facing downward, hopefully creating less trip opportunities.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have used a rug once indoors, and stuck this down with double sided tape for safety, stop anyone tripping over it
0 Likes

I use an oriental-looking rug for indoor shows, and it really adds to the look of the booth. Outdoor shows I'm using on grass, so I don't use one then. (I don't do many street shows.)
0 Likes
PJCRAFTSWORLD
Registered Buyer

Now sure it does look nice but the liability issue is to great for me. If someone trips or falls you are liable and could be sued.
0 Likes

Funny when I read the thread name, I instantly thought of the tripping thing too, although we had a harp-player at the Farmers Market one time that did the carpet and these gauzy curtains that she hung from the front of the tent and it looked amazing!
0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

We used to used a scrap of carpet for a few indoor shows where floor covering was required. Personally we found it to be a pain, the rug collected dirt so needed vacuuming, and it was heavy so a pain to drag on the trolley. Took too much room in the car.

There are types of double sided carpet tape that are specifically made for easy removal so that you don't damage the floor. We bought a roll from a display company that sets up at the pipe and drape for local shows.

If you're going to use carpet for outdoor shows, just make sure it is water resistant, durable and easy to clean (vaccuum). With outdoor of course there is always the threat of rain and a soggy ground, I wouldnt want to have to load in a soaked carpet into our van, on top of our tables and stuff.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It depends on the show. I started at an outdoor market that has mulch on the ground. My crocheted items would be dropped and the mulch immediately stuck. If the floor it so bad indoors I will use one and tape it down.

However, from experience in cleaning a carpet, I have changed to an RV mat.
0 Likes

I use a rug and love the way it finishes the look. There is also a company that makes foam "hardwood" floors that snap together that look really upscale, though I've heard they get punctured easily (who wears high heels to an art show?) Here's a photo of mine: https://www.facebook.com/JackpotsPotteryStudio/photos/pb.226509784027230.-2207520000.1426006808./760...
0 Likes

I think it also depends on where you live. Here in Hawaii, we remove our shoes before going into the house, and I found when I tried using a rug at an outside show, customers didn't want to step on it with their shoes on! They would stand at the front of my booth and lean in as far as possible to see my jewelry without stepping on the rug. So no more rug for me!
0 Likes

Jackpots--I love the look of your rug! I found an outdoor rug that looks like a vintage postcard at Ballard Designs on sale for $29 so I went ahead and got one. Most of my shows are outside on a street so I think it will really dress up my booth. I won't use it if weather looks sketchy. To clean it you just hose it off. We'll see how it works! Thank you for all the input everyone:)
0 Likes

I would only have a rug in my own space, i.e. My typical "L" shaped booth where I am behind the tables. This way, I can add a little more atmosphere to my space behind the table.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.