How many craft fairs/ markets do you do a year?

I'm just sorting out and booking all my Christmas season fairs at the moment and will be attending more and much bigger ones than I did last year. I would love to hear how many markets / fairs you do a year?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
13 Replies
BlueTurtleCrafts
Conversation Maker

Re: How many craft fairs/ markets do you do a year?

I only do one :)

It's a festival type show and it goes for 5 weekends (Thanksgiving thru christmas). I'm doing 3 weekends this year. It's plenty for me with a day job and 90% of my online sales being personalized/made to order.
0 Likes

In my first year of doing shows a couple of years ago, I signed up for three. Last year I did five. This year I signed up for seven, I'm waiting to hear back from three more. It's been growing, and I do enjoy doing them.
0 Likes

I make my living selling my handmade sterling silver jewelry at craft fairs. I usually do 3 a month so about 36 a year.
0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

I do one huge show, and three small ones, all Fall/Christmas. I spent many years weeding out the bad shows, and I kept the really good ones!
0 Likes
TigersandDragons
Conversation Maker

Roughly 20 events, sometimes a few more 60% are multi-day, usually 2-3 days, a couple are longer than that. This is our income, we don't have other jobs.
0 Likes

I'm signed up for six shows between now and Thanksgiving. Two are Saturday only shows, three are two-day shows, and one spans over a 3-day period. I also sell from a vintage/handmade/upcycle/antique store locally, and of course, Etsy.

I am impressed learning how active fellow crafters stay year 'round.
0 Likes

I used to do 3-5 but this year I'm scaling back to 2. One is a 3-day show so I'm hoping that makes up for 2 larger ones I decided not to do (sales were declining each year)
0 Likes

only 3 this year due to grad school. Next fall, I may be doing a large monthly event in Canton, TX. Plus a few other shows. We shall see. That's the current plan.
0 Likes

3 so far this year ... and 3 more in the next 2+ weeks. Probably 1 or 2 more after that, depending on my inventory and the weather.
0 Likes

I usually do 2 small holiday bazaars, but at last weekend's event someone suggested I do a large one that covers two plus gymnasiums plus the Common's area. I'll be doing that this weekend and hopefully will have enough business to justify the much larger expense. Figured if I didn't take the chance now, I never will. This one is 200 vendors and probably over 2,000 visitors. I have my fingers crossed.
0 Likes
BeachFleaMarket
Conversation Maker

I sell vintage collage supplies at mixed media art retreats. I'm attending 6 next year. All are on the west coast from Seattle to Phoenix. I really love going to these. At most of them, I can also take classes. For 2, I am the on-site supply store so I am selling for the entire event, 5 to 7 days. Think of it as a convention for mixed media artists.
I fly to a couple with 2 big suitcases and have a few boxes shipped to the hotel.
Yes, these events include airfare, hotel, show fees and sometimes, class fees. Whew!
0 Likes

I sell at a large market that has 360 open days. My plan for 2019 is 100 days. But I usually get a cold or something that cuts down on the days each year.
0 Likes

This year I sold at 9 craft fairs from June - December. Two were not successful so I will drop those next year.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.