Have any of you been to a show full of people and haven't sold a thing? or maybe less than 5 items? When did you start doing well at shows?
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Any unsuccessful shows?

Last year, my first doing shows, was stellar and totally unexpected. Not so this year. It has been bleak to say the last; nothing at all like last year. I don't know what to think but I am going to hang in, but it's just been so bad.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Re: Any unsuccessful shows?

Shows vary from year -to-year, last show was a bust, as making booth fee doesn't cover supplies and travel expenses! The one the year before wasn't as bad but only because of a custom pick-up order! so looking for a new one for that time slot next year! (and this was a juried show too with a prime end space)
On the other hand I entered into a couple of juried shows in a different town, sales weren't bad and on my last one there we had some return customers looking for us. It takes a couple of shows in the same town to build a following.
Our next show is a new one for us too and a small space (I really like the outside shows since they are usually at least two days with more room-but not this time of year with the cold!) Then 2 more (repeat) in Nov. and we are done for the year! By January it's time to set next year's schedule!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.