Former_Member
Hi everyone! I thought I'd start a thread where you can all tell us a little about yourselves.

I guess I'm starting us off...

My name's Karena & I'm co-founder of Craft Cult (along with Julian). I take care of the design side of things, as well as user-interface & product development with help from Julian.

I'm an artist & illustrator, & have been selling on Etsy since early '06, but my shop's been closed for some time as I've been so busy - but this year I'm relaunching my shop & blog!

My preferred media are dip pen & ink, printmaking, collage, digital & mixed media.

I think that's about it in a nutshell. Now it's your turn... :)
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Welcome! Introduce Youself!

Hello all,
I'm Connie with New Hope Beads. I started making jewelry for myself back when I was a hippie in the 70's but never sold any. Several years ago I wanted an outlet to raise money for my passion...feeding the hungry. I got back into jewelry making and just can't quit. Proceeds go to God's Outreach Food Pantry.

You guys rock with Craft Cult. I really appreciate all your efforts. Thanks so much!!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Hello everyone. I'm Patricia from Albuquerque, New Mexico. I love metal and stones! So I create hand fabricated sterling silver and copper jewelry with stones, pearls and anything else interesting I can get my hands on!! :) My favorite part is creating unique textures into the metal by using a variety of stamping tools, roller printing and found objects.

I love Craft Cult! Thanks for developing it! It has wonderful features!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi ...we are a mother daughter team of sculptural sometimes funky bright earrings, bracelets and one of a kind necklaces. I'm the mom -Therese and I'm the kid ...Anna. My mom also is a screen printer and her second shop is called 58NIMBLEFINGERS. at esty .com. We live in MInneapolis. and we have the brightest most multi-colored garage in our neighborhood.
0 Likes

Hi, my name is Sandy and I make silk floral arrangements, wreaths, and swags for all seasons and occasions. I also added predecorated trees for the Christmas holiday to my list so that's alot of fun to do.

I started my shop on Etsy in Novemeber of 2010, unfortunately haven't had any sales yet. I keep hoping it's going to happen soon. :(

I really love what I do, I find being creative is very relaxing. I also use alot of color in my pieces and love to use family themes in alot of my holiday centerpieces.

PS Karena and Julian: Thanks for starting Craft Cult Team ( great name by the way :) )
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello!

My name is Tara and I joined Etsy in 2010 after having lots of people at craft shows ask me if I was on Etsy. I started making bibs and burp cloths when my daughter was 2 months old and I saw how many bibs we went through in a day!

As my daughter has grown, so have my products. My newest and most popular are plush owls and birds. My daughter is 3 now and in love with owls and birds. She chose that as her theme for her big girl room and that is where the owls/birds idea came from. She loves to help stuff the owls/birds and pick out the colors.

Best of luck to everyone and ladies thank-you for creating Craft Cult-LOVE it!!
0 Likes

Hi all, just found your team and am working on expanding my horizons all around. Check out my shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/aclhandweaver
and profile http://www.etsy.com/people/aclhandweaver?ref=si_pr

Add me to your favorites and circles!

FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amy-C-Lund-Handweaver/230208813084
Blog http://aclhandweaver.blogspot.com/

0 Likes

Hi Teamies -

My name is Karen of karinagracejewelry and I'm excited to be a part of the craftcult team! I've been on Etsy since October of 2009. I make gemstone jewelry using the highest quality materials such as semi-precious gemstones, swarovski crystals, fresh water pearls, sterling silver and 14k gold filled metals. Come check out my shop:
http://www.karinagracejewelry.etsy.com

0 Likes

On another note (and I didn't know where to post this suggestion) -

I have a suggestion for craftcult.com and I'm sure it's been mentioned before. I would love it if we could search front page treasuries through the vault for treasuries featured on the front page of craftcult.com. To me, it's so exciting to find out that my treasuries were on the FP of craftcult.com. I would just love to know if some of my other treasuries were ever on the front page?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I'm Francesco, and I currently have nothing on sale, though I expect to put some photographs up for sale in the near future.

I'm an amateur photographer, a lover of all things beautiful, and I'm interested in design, crafts, and a lot of other things, for which I can't seem to find enough time ;)

Most of the time here on Etsy I spend marketing my good friend Silvia's shops and items :

My friend's shop: thebutterfliesshop.etsy.com
Her other shop: minisibo.etsy.com
Her blog: http://www.thebutterfliesshop.com/
And you can follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/butterfliesshop

Please take a look at her shops, and tell me what you think :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Нi!
i'm Maria

jewelry shop - with love
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi i'm Su, Pailanita organic garden , we have a live in the north of Thailand and have a lttile garden call Pailanita , full of organic vegetables. This year we have a lot of seeds from our garden and would liket o share to other people who wanna try to grow their own vegetable (fresh and healthy) .
you can see our garden on facebook , Pailanita Pai thailand, and our blogg is Pailanita organic living .
happy gardening season :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! My name is Martha and I'm the sole proprietor of Dragonfly Photography and Dancing Monkey Jewelry. My shops have been opened on Etsy for a while (can't remember the dates off the top of my head - time is a blur to me) and I'm hoping to increase my sales this year - as you can see when you visit my shops my sales have been quite low but as I said I hope to change that.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I'm Andi - and I love crafting. My home is just too crowded so I thought that I would try to sell all my excess online. If I make a sale, that is great! If I don't, well then I have some great gifts when I am in a pinch.

In reality, I am a scientist and mother of one. Maybe someday I might try to quit my day job, but I can't focus on one craft - there is just too much to learn!

I love to knit and crochet (my grandmother taught me) and I make jewelry as well . . . but I am known for calligraphy, mostly wedding invitations. I dabbled in scrapbooking but it was not really my thing . . . however, I always love to try new things.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Kerri.

I love making jewelry from other items (such as bits and pieces of other jewwelry and beads, etc.) and new findings. I've been on Etsy for about a year and have sold other items online for about five years. I enjoy getting out to craft shows and meeting lots of new people.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Diana. I'm a freelance writer and plus size fashion blogger. I've been running my perfume shop since '06, with some ups and downs because of life/family stuff. I'm trying to give it a bit more attention these days, while balancing it against a book I'm finishing off among many other projects.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi my name is Joni and I love to crochet, sew and macrame too. What I make right now in my shop is all crocheted hats, scarves, fingerless gloves, baby hats, in all shapes and sizes! I love to use eco friendly products when I can and I really enjoy making things that are different or unique! Nothing makes me happier than to receive feedback from my customers that they love what I made!! :-) I am sure we can all relate to this!! I love Etsy!!!! There is so much to look at and so many talented artists too that I love shopping around and sometimes get side tracked from my own shop! :-) LOL I love Craft Cult and all the information that is there to help with selling products on Etsy. I had a job where I worked with large data bases for a fortune 500 company and so I enjoy seeing how Craft Cult helps me with what people are loving in my shop, the trends, and times, too. I also use Craftopolis which is great because I love seeing where the traffic is coming from to my shop, what tags they are using and more. Craft Cult helps me more with determining what people are loving right now in my shop which is pretty important eh? :-) I have a problem with being wordy and tend to write a lot of long e-mails, convo's, and on Facebook and Twitter I really have a hard time staying in the limit that they give on what can be said. LOL I do understand this and realize that not everyone wants to read a novel and that is what people want now information quickly!! Twitter is the Fast Food of information shared online. I am going to cut this short. LOL I have met many lovely people who sell on Etsy and also have enjoyed meeting the customers that I have met here too!! Thanks forall the hard work that went into Craft Cult!! Thanks Julian and Karena for all the work that went into this!!! :-)
0 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Amanda. Im from Northwest Arkansas and I started my store back in November. It originally started out as a whole different store. I started out making more craft items and slowly started dabbling in jewelry and it has become my passion. I honestly cant imagine life without it.
I am a supply addict and am constantly hunting for new and exciting things to use in my jewelry.
i am addicted to craftcult. i love it. its my go to page to see whats up in my shop.
i look forward to getting to know everyone here!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm Kricia, from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Got to know about Etsy middle of last year and started my store around December 2010. I'm a graphic designer, photographer and erm.. notebook maker!

Avid fan of pretty notebooks, papers, cards!

I started making notebooks few years back as gifts for friends and from there it turned into a passion to make more and more notebooks, and it just make me happy to see all these pretty things!

Do visit my store, feel free to message me for custom made notebooks or journals, or simply pick any of the notebooks in my store! It would be a great honor to have people from across the world to own my handmade notebooks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Lena from sunny Singapore. I'm a SAHM to two lovely kids and I love everything crafty.

I've joined Etsy since Feb 2010 and started selling Felt Foodies after much encouragement from friends & relatives. I love to sew and happy to see when my items bring a smile to people face.

Athough I am not really IT savvy but I am very much into learning how to network and get my shop out there so I can get more sales!! {only 8 sales since Feb 2010 :( }

Do feel free to visit me at :

Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/happycraftstore
My Blog: http://www.lena-happycraftstore.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/happycraftstore

Thank you :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

My Name is Lois, I have been with Etsy since mid 2009, my shop has changed a lot since then, and it is now in the stages of change again. I started out making floorcloths, which I still do and enjoy the long creative process.

I have recently worked up a little Kokopelli character I call Radi-Koke. He is into fun living, but also aware of the planet around him. I am a self taught artist, which means everything takes me forever. Each Radi-koke pose gets sketched and in about a month when I think it is close I will then project it on canvas and airbrush the color and life into him.

I keep telling myself to get serious about my business, and spend the time that is needed. But there always seems to be so many other things that need attention. Joining this team will help motivate me to keep on top of things and interact will all the wonderful people here. That is the best way to learn! I have recently started a blog also.

Blog: http://littlejadelizard.blogspot.com
Etsy Shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleJadeLizard?ref=si_shop

0 Likes
GaleazGlass
Registered Buyer

Hello! I'm Kelly and have been working with stained glass for over 20 years (on and off). Just re-established my studio after a 5-yr hiatus-- time and space constraints. I joined Etsy in Sept. '10. I make glass jewelry boxes, large glass hearts, mirrors, and window panels. Just recently I've really starting exploring etsy and have joined numerous teams and have met some really wonderful people in this community.
0 Likes
JMMStudios
Inspiration Seeker

Hi,
My name is Jessica and I've been on etsy since '09. I too, have just recently started to explore etsy and the new world of blogs. I am a self taught artist whose weapon of choice is colored pencils. I very much enjoy drawing fairies and have recently branched out into jewelry.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, my name is Kara and I'm an Etsy-holic. I opened my shop last year but due to back surgeries didn't really get started until a couple of months ago. I love photography, acrylic paint, photoshop, watercolor, & ink. I'm self-taught and have severe ADD with art; I have over 30 projects in different stages of 'not complete' currently. lol, anyways, cheers, crafters :D
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi my name is Paula
I started making jewelry last summer as a hobby and i found that it is so relaxing, and i really love creating the pieces.I sell at boutigues and i thought why not try etsy, so i opened my shop in Feb and am still waiting for my first sale. I also sell vintage and i have an etsy vintage shophttp://www.etsy.com/shop/paulasvintage Stop by and visit me. I look forward to meeting lotz of people.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.