CS not available for custom listings?

I just created my first custom listing since I switched my shop over to using CS. As I was creating the listing, only my old shipping profiles were available for me to choose from to make the listing. I thought I'd just go in after the listing was created to edit it and change to the new Calculated Shipping profile. However, there was no way to add the weight of the item that's required for CS.

Is this something that is not currently available for custom listings? Or have I done something wrong?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: CS not available for custom listings?

It is not available if you do a custom listing for a custom request through a convo..

I'd mentioned this a while back that this is something that is really needed.

But haven't heard anything if this is something in the works or not.

I don't use custom listings much in this shop but I do in my other shop.

I was surprised that our new CS profiles were *not( on the shipping profile box on a custom listing page.

What I've done if I'm 100% sure the buyer is going to get it, just do a regular listing so CS will be applied and send the buyer a link.

I also put up a "Custom Listing" picture so no one else buys it and put part of their User ID in the title and in the first line and mention that it is only for them.

For the few custom listings I've done and wasn't 100% sure they were going to get it, I'd just ask the buyer for the zip code like I've always done.
0 Likes

Thanks, Pat. I'm glad to see that it wasn't just something I was doing wrong. I love how well CS is working in my shop so far. The only problems I've had have been solely because of user error. Happy to know it's not my fault this time! LOL
0 Likes

I agree. I would love to have calculated shipping for Custom Orders! I don't know how I'm supposed to know how much to charge in shipping when I don't see their address until the order is made. Any help? Ideas?
0 Likes

Cheryl, It's no different than before CS started if you did a private listing from a convo request.

You have to ask the buyer for their zip code or just put a flat shipping cost (if a lightweight item, you don't have to worry since rates under 13-16 oz are the same to everyone in the US.)

You can also do a regular listing and put reserved in the title so it will be calculated by the zip code. (I also use a "custom listing" photo just to make sure no one buys it except the one it's reserved for.

But if you do a custom listing from a convo, it does not have CS and no word from admin when or even if this is a possiblity.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.