Any additional discount on Etsy shipping labels?

I posted this in the main forums but also asking my CS gurus here!

Does Etsy give an added discount for Priority shipping labels over a certain weight? I have a package shipping out tomorrow that weighs 7 pounds, 16x12x14 irregular box shipping Priority Mail shipping from 85654 to 30306.

The USPS website states $36.12 for the online shipping price ($41.70 for retail price). However, the Etsy price on the shipping label is coming out at $30.40. Does Etsy give us an additional discount on top of the online USPS price? I've not encountered this before as all other labels have printed the exact same price for USPS online and Etsy labels.

Everything is correct on the label as far as shipping Priority, the dimension of the box as oversize, etc. just the price is over $6.00 less than quoted on the USPS website.

I don't want extra postage to be due upon delivery because the amount is not what the USPS online price states.

I've doubled checked the Etsy shipping price calculator and the Brittany's Best site, as suggested in the forums. Price is still different.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Any additional discount on Etsy shipping labels?

Chris.
I tried a package I have to ship tomorrow (different weight/size) but I entered in your weight and box size and selected "package/thick envelope" and it gave me the exact price as stated on USPS site. No difference at all.

BUT and i think this is the difference. You mention it being "irregular size".

So I took that same weight/size but instead selected "Irregular box" size on etsy labels and got about $6 less.

So if you put in the weight/size BUT select "package/thick envelope" then you're going to get the same cost for online USPS and etsy labels.

I noticed we don't have an "oversize" box type to select on etsy so just use the package/thick envelope and when you enter the size it calculates oversize rates.

Just curious why is the box a irregular size if it's 16x12x14?

I don't see anything on USPS to select if a irregular box size, just packages over over 12".

0 Likes

Etsy's definition of an irregular package:
Irregular Package
All non-rectangular parcels with a combined length and girth no greater than 108", and rolls and tubes up to 26" long.

Link showing tubes, drum shapes that are considered irregular sizes.
https://www.etsy.com/shipping/us/help/package-types

So if you box is rectangular in shape and uniform in size and 3 dimensional then it is "not" considered an irregular box.

If you select package/thick envelope and enter in the info, then you'll see the same postage rates as USPS.
0 Likes

Thanks all for trying to help. On the USPS website it states any dimension over 16 inches considered oversize for calculating the price. There is a box to check oversize package when checking the price of shipping a package so that's what I checked and it takes you to another page where you put it the box dimensions and then you are given the shipping options. The customer wants Priority in order to get it quick so chose that over Parcel Select.
0 Likes

Yes, that is right on the USPS website any box over 12" in length you have to select large package and enter in the box size.

On the etsy shipping label page under Priority there is not a large package to select. Only package/thick envelope and irregular packages along with the FR & regional options.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You must be selecting "irregular" package size on the etsy shipping label page to get the $6 less difference.

That is where the difference in price is. Irregular versus package/thick envelope.

You don't need to select "irregular package size" on etsy since your box is not irregular.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just select "package/thick envelope"
and put in the box size and weight and you'll see the same discounted rate that is on USPS.
0 Likes

Thanks Pat! You're the best!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.