Former_Member
Not applicable

I couldn't even find my own items! Help, please!

Apparently, I have no idea how to title, tag or otherwise use appropriate keywords. This comes as no surprise to me, I am usually the one who misses the big flashing sign on the street. I am a little frustrated, as I have read a lot and advice seems conflicting. Also, I play and play and play with my titles and tags and don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Any help would be great!
Thanks, Kate
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: I couldn't even find my own items! Help, please!

When writing titles, think about how you would describe the item in conversation with a friend.

Hey! Look at the new '"" fill in the blank """ that I just created!

That's where you can start with the title. Then use the key words and phrases from your title as your tags.

If you are selling original art, then include that phrase in your title. If you are selling a print then include the word 'print' in the title.

When you read this title without being able to see the photo, what does it tell you?
""painting and Fine Art with fox, Living room paintings, kids room, kitchen, children animal 8x10 art print of original acrylic - Foxy Mama""

It has nothing to do with a Kids room, kitchen, living room paintings, or children. And its not a Foxy Mama.

Its an ""8x10 art print of original acrylic fox painting" So that's where I'd start.

Don't over think it.

You may find the blog post called 'critique your own shop' to be useful in tagging and titling your items
etsymentors.blogspot.com/p/critique-your-own-shop.html

And when you make changes, make one change and see what the effect is before making another one. If you make too many changes at once, you won't be able to determine which changes were for the better.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

How long do you think I should wait in between changes to check? I mean I feel like I am doing all of it wrong, so I need to change it all! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I generally will make no more than one type of change per day.

You can see what the results are in your stats.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.