To keep the star seller must reply on weekends?

Jump to solution

It seems like I'm being punished for taking a weekend off.

Customer contacted me late friday I replyed Sunday morning and still got A 2% reduction. from 100% to 98%

the autoreply didn't post for some reason.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: To keep the star seller must reply on weekends?

Jump to solution

One of the star seller requirements is that you respond to all messages within 24 hours, regardless of what day of the week it is. You can set up an auto-reply that recurs each weekend if you are unable to respond those days, and the auto-reply will count as a response.

https://www.etsy.com/starseller

View solution in original post

3 Likes
10 Replies

Jump to solution

One of the star seller requirements is that you respond to all messages within 24 hours, regardless of what day of the week it is. You can set up an auto-reply that recurs each weekend if you are unable to respond those days, and the auto-reply will count as a response.

https://www.etsy.com/starseller

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I can't speak for why the auto reply didn't work, I've never turned that on in my shop. But the message needs a reply, whether it's by you or the auto reply, no exception on weekends or holidays. 

Which auto reply option did you use? The weekly one that auto sets every week for the same days and times? Or a one time setup just for the weekend?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'll just add that the temporary auto-reply is only good for a max of 5 days. You have to reset it every 5 days if you want it to be on all the time. Or you can use the weekly one but it has limitations and can only be on for set number of hours each day vs on all day. The Help center has more info here https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015654988-How-to-Send-Messages-to-Buyers?segment=selling#...

"How to use auto-replies

There are two different types of auto-replies you can set for your shop: 

• Temporary auto-replies: This option is for when you’ll be away from your shop for a set period of time. Auto-replies are sent in response to messages you receive over the duration of time you select, from an hour to a maximum of five days.

If you need to set an auto-reply for longer than 5 days in a row, consider putting your shop on Vacation Mode.

• Weekly auto-replies: This option lets you set up an auto-reply schedule that repeats every week. You can select the days and times you’re available through the week to respond to messages, and any messages you’re sent outside of that availability will receive an auto-reply in response.

In order to set weekly auto-replies, your available hours must be at least 8 hours long on the days you choose, and you need to select at least 4 days a week."
3 Likes

Jump to solution

I was asking which one they used because my first guess was if they were using the weekly auto reply option, the message came in before it was in effect. Like maybe the message came in at 5, but the auto replies weren't set to start until 6, as an example. Obviously just a guess though.

1 Like

Jump to solution

If you don't respond to a buyer saying thank you lol

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes you do have to reply to a thank your or spam the message.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You need to respond or set up the automatic reply.  Etsy is 24/7.  You need to set up the automatic reply when you are not available to avoid the 24 hour limit.

Also I have the messages forwarded to my email so I can see if a message comes in that I might need to take care of.  It takes seconds to check.  If I don't need to do anything I continue with my day.  If I need to take care of it, it takes me just a few minutes and I can go on with my day.   

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Unfortunately Etsy keeps us tethered to our accounts, but then they write nifty little articles about "work/life balance". I had balance before. Now, not so much. 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

When you sell on Etsy, your shop is open 24/7, 365. There is no "off" time unless your put your shop in vacation mode.

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Setting up the weekly auto reply works best, but it only works outside of your normal business hours.  If a message comes in before the AR takes over, then you have to manually reply to the message within 24-hours.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.