SeymourCorner
Inspiration Seeker

Star Seller Stats are wrong

According my stats it shows that my response percentage is 67% when I have responded back to every customer within a hour of their message. The 2 chats it claims I missed are 1 from a seller who I purchased from. They messaged me regarding feedback and I responded late and 2nd was from a customer who I definitely responded to within a day. So how is this actually monitored and calculated. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Star Seller Stats are wrong

@SeymourCorner: Have you checked the applicable CSV file available on your Star Seller page to see which new Message threads Etsy thinks were unanswered or answered late? When you look at the file remember that that the dates / times are in UTC (not your time zone), only the first message of a new incoming thread is included (all that counts for Star Seller), and usually a new incoming thread is not included until after the 24 hour reply window has passed regardless of when you replied. Star Seller stats (and the CSV file) seem to be updated only once per day so there may be an additional day's delay. There is also a link to the actual message thread so you can verify if the data is correct or not.

"... from a seller who I purchased from ..." You may have misunderstood the Star Seller rules. As it says right on your Star Seller page and elsewhere, you need to reply to (or mark as SPAM) the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. Remember that the Star Seller metric is NOT all new messages but only the first message of all new incoming threads.

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

ALL new messages require a response within 24 hrs or to be marked as spam where appropriate.  It doesn't matter who they are from or what they are about.   If you don't want your purchases to affect your SS status then you can create a new account specifically for purchasing and keep all your purchases separate from your selling account.  You have the control.

1 Like

Well, from what you are saying, your stats are right, every message must be answer, no exception

0 Likes

There is no message discrimination. Initial messages from potential buyers, actual buyers and sellers all count.

If you get a scam or spam message, move it to spam. Otherwise answer ... even if it's a thank-you, you're welcome or smiley face.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.