when did your sales start to rise?

hello to all of you,

i'm new to the team, so i start with introducing myself: i'm claudia and live in vienna/austria. started to sell vintage about a year ago, and joined etsy at the end of last year. at the beginning i did not put much effort in my shop, and have sold one handmade scarf and one vintage item back then.

now i'm back and want to make this big! :-D

i have done a lot here recently, i'm active in teams, making treasuries, i am featured in treasuries as well, and i'm listing new items almost every day. additionally, i lowered the shipping fees and pay 1/3 to 1/2 of them by myself to attract international customers. in my point of view, i have done my boost-your-sales-homework ;-)

so here is my question: am i too impatient if i say i get nervous because i have no sales? how long did YOU have to wait until you had your first sales on etsy?

and do you have any advice what else i could do?

thank you!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: when did your sales start to rise?

Hi Vintagequeendom,

I don't think I can help or give any advise, I can only join you by asking the same question.
I started my shop three weeks ago now and have not sold anything. I got more views and some people added my shop to their favourites, hurrah, but that's it.
I was really enthousiastic and motivated about my merchandise and thought everyone must like it and now I am a bit lost. Did I buy the wrong stuff, are the prices too high? Well, my profit is almost zero, so I can not go down.... and I guess most people buy what they like, unless they know their customers so well that they can be more commercial.

So I do not know what to do. Now I am hesitant to look for more pieces. I do have more to put on, but I am missing the spirit.

How do you actually know that you are featured in treasuries? I doubt I am (do I sound depessed?!, sorry) but I would love to know just in case :-).

I read a bit in other forums and it seems sales are down in general. Maybe it is not entirely our fault after all.

I am sorry that I can not help, but maybe it will make you feel better to know that you are not alone!
0 Likes

hi taffetablue,

thank you for your answer :-)

you can see whether your items are treasured at "activity". some people send out mails as well, but not everyone.

your items ARE beautiful, indeed. maybe we just need to be patient. i just had a sale, very motivational :-D
0 Likes

Hurrah and well done to you!!!!

I think your merchandise is great too, of course not everyone can like everything, so well, let's be virtuous and sit tight.

I keep saying to myself that no one wants to be the first one.....

So, well done again and enjoy the adrenalin rush!!!!
0 Likes
TiaTulaVintage
Inspiration Seeker

hi girls. yes it´s far from easy to attract customers to our shops, us competition is too high,,

I have been active for almost a year, and yes its hearfbreakind and disappointing, so many hours, bla bla, I spent lots of hours lookin into other sellers shops, more for fun must say, and to get some tips.

Photos and low prices are the key to get some sales and hopefully some feedback that may attract other sellers,

Include more tags, in your itmes description,, and I think interesting , funny listings might work ( i still have to do that myself),,

yes we need to spread the word that we have this european online vintage shops, thanks and dont lose heart!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

FANTASTIC SALES !

Tomorrow, 50 % on our vintage dresses !
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.