any tips to improve my shop

i have had my shop for 2 years now, im always looking to improve......is there anything you think that would improve it?

TIA
angie x
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: any tips to improve my shop

Hi Angie - Look at you go girl :-) 213 sales - I think you could probably give me a few pointers :-) You have beautiful jewelry and jewelry is such a saturated market so you are doing very well! Congratulations on breaking into that category.
You have beautiful pictures - I can really tell you know what you are doing in that area - your items are the focal point with no distractions - very clickable.
Your titles are terrific. You identify your item in the first three words and that is important for the searches.
In trying to find a way for you to improve your shop I looked at your tags. I randomly chose the item below:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/205767958/butterfly-hearts-necklace-bronze-chain?ref=shop_home_feat_3
Your tags should have all the phrases in your title exactly word for word - staying within the 20 character limit. This is important for the searches. So in the item above you for sure want these tags - butterfly hearts, hearts necklace, bronze chain, vintage style, chunky charm, winter jewelry - and I do see that you have vintage style & winter jewelry in your tags already - I was just laying those tags out exactly from your title :-) So that is 6 tags that will get you picked up in the searches and then you add the other 7 tags that you have but edit out the jewelry one - that is in there twice. Etsy has given you a couple freebie tags based on your categories so that will free up one space for you to add another one.
So basically, just going through and tightening up those tags looks like the best thing you could do for your shop. If I have totally confused you - just post again or message me - I am always happy to help.
After you get the tags the way you want them - revisit your descriptions and make sure you have the title and tag words in the description as well. The search engines pick up when all 3 areas have the exact phrasing.
You are doing very well and can pat yourself on the back :-) You've done a lot of hard work and no doubt seen some ups and downs in these 2 years - BTW belated happy etsyversary :-) And I absolutely love the item below - I bet you sell this bracelet for this Christmas season - it's gorgeous!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/205535174/christmas-pearl-bracelet-festive-cluster?ref=shop_home_active...
I hope you'll stop into the team often to give others some pointers because you've got the hang of this.
Blessings,
Sandy
Editing to add this link that might be of interest to you - it's on SEO
https://www.etsy.com/teams/12653/how-to-improve-my-etsy-shop/discuss/15334938/page/1
Take it in small sections :-)
0 Likes

Oh my goodness just found this post i forgot!!!
thank you so much on a such a positive comment (im not used to it)
its been hard work yes, and ive just got back into my jewelry, not sold any jewelry item as yet!!

But if i can help other people in any way shape or form i most certainly will
Thank you so much Sandy i have a beaming smile on my face :-)

Angie x
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good Morning to Everyone,
I Love so much what I do, but I feel I am definitely doing something wrong.

I have been on Etsy for a year, was away from it for several months, and finally had enough time to do more photos, Facebook, shows, inventory. etc. I try to do it all....now I am laughing at myself...but I really think I am missing the boat somewhere, and feel I have so much to learn. I do a small $10 weekly promotion, but I can never find most of the items. I try to go in every other day and favor others, and I have tried the 1 hour promotion.....I did see the views go up, but nothing results.
I love ETSY...Love seeing what everyone around the world is creating, but if I am going to stay here I must improve what I am doing. I have not tried sales or coupons....probably because I was not sure how. I try to read all the time at ETSY......but could truly use more expert advice from others. ANY suggestions would be SOOOO appreciated. I have only had 4 SALES so that definitely is telling me something,
NOW I AM GETTING DESPERATE TO DO BETTER!

Thank You.
0 Likes

Hi Karen your shop is Fab your work is gorgeous!!
you say you have been away from Etsy for several months?
how many months exactly and was your shop open or closed?

I've found the best way is to keep adding products , i try for every other day!
also have just learnt about not using capital letters in your titles, use capitals only in places where they should be!

I'm still trying to update all mine lol
x

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.