Former_Member
Not applicable

Don't you hate it when...

You make two items that are supposed to be alike and they aren't
You burn yourself with the glue gun
You lose a needle in the carpet and spend hours searching for it
Your husband comes home and asks you 'what you have been up to' and the above mentioned things are all that happened!!!

So what do you struggle with in your artistry? I need a good laugh after today.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies

Re: Don't you hate it when...

We have a great thread full of moans and groans, here - http://www.etsy.com/teams/6868/etsian-newbie/discuss/6798636/ if you want to check it out! It makes you feel better that other people are going through the same thing!

I ALWAYS lose the bag of supplies I need.. I can find them in a different colour or size or shape, but never the one I want and I spend ages trying to pluck the right thing out of my tool box! I wonder how much time we waste?? ;) lol
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I hate it when a mistake 20 rows back becomes obvious when the pattern no longer works and you have to rip it all out. It's the winding of the yarn that is the most painful, especially when a loose length gets caught on the dog's foot and is drug through the house!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I hate it when I have been trying to get the sewing machine all day long and as soon as I sit down, my girls start fighting and screaming and I just want to ignore them to have 5 minutes to do what I want but can't without the house falling apart in my mental and emotional absence. I guess that is why I do so much sewing in the wee hours of the night, with no one else around!!
0 Likes
FauxFerocity
Inspiration Seeker

~When you go to reach for a "seed" bead in a box and nock the whole stupid box over in the carpet...
~When im making a necklace and my cat thinks im playing with her

=D
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

HAHAHAHA! I know the feeling Lacasa!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Babydoll and Dazzling- Thanks for making my day! Seed beads are little devils! And kids, though they are angels, have an internal radar that tells them when we don't want them to do something. So they do it!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

That sounds like my life, everyday! What's worse is when you're 18 month old picks up a needle and you're husband about strokes out! I'm still hearing about that one! Don't worry, she didn't eat the needle!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Okay, now I don't feel so bad :) Thanks LilyBean. P.S. Thanks for your advice in my other thread. It really helped me feel better in that regard too.
0 Likes

Not just me then!!!
Except it is my dogs who start playing up as soon as I am on my sewing machine and yes whatever it is I need to complete something it is nowhere to be found !!!
0 Likes
ElegantKnitting
Inspiration Seeker

I have the kids and the dogs, but, the dogs are worse! I was 1/3 of the way through with a knitting project yesterday (a small project at least) and I awoke to find that my dog had ripped out my knitting and eaten my bamboo knitting needles! Chewed one to pieces and swallowed most of the other.

The little one is always trying to jump up on me when I'm knitting and getting tangled . It's crazy. That's why it's 3:30 in the morning and I'm still up knitting.
0 Likes

Oh ElegantKnitting!!!Is the dog still alive? I just love all these moans suddenly I feel normal... is this what being creative is all about? And while you are groveling on the floor to find that bead (and it seems to happen to me regularly) and more often than not it's the last one so I have to find it now!... do you feel why am I doing this?... Cos whatever happens we have to remember we are special!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

mess.
0 Likes

Ooh you wonderful people make me laugh. The worse thing that happened to me was when my children were about 8 and 4, my husband was away and I was trying to get the house ready for Christmas. Well it was a typical hot day (in Australia), kids were running round and round the house, I had just got the Christmas tree up complete with decorations, boxes everywhere, visitors decide to pop by , cat jumps on top of the bird cage, bird cage crashes to the floor, cat now jumping all over the furniture trying to make a get away with budgie in mouth, everyone now screaming and chasing cat and bird, tree topples over , decorations smash, visitors stare in horror ..... it wasn't a happy ending, I had to bury the bird. What a day!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

HAHAHAHA!

Heavenlydesign-Oh your poor birdie. I just have this image in my mind of how crazy your house must have been!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

When you are din sewing you project together and you realize something went wrong somewhere and when you try to fix it, you just mess it up more, then wanna throw it through the window. Happened to menlast night. The dinosaur will forever be flat with no stuffing. I swear I sew better when not following a pattern. I am pattern inept.

Or when you sew your pieces together and turn them right side out to realize that you didn't have them facing the right way. I swear I do stupid crap like that all the time. Then I get to go back and rip the seams out. Total waste and very discouraging.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

So I have a GOTD! I get a message from a photographer who wants some items. I tell her I would love some product shots. She has an arrangement with another hair accessory designer that the designer GIVES her pieces in exchange for photos, that's great for someone who has over 1000 sales, but I can't afford to do that! Now she is wondering if she gets 50% of her order because she will be taking pics of the products, um HELLO! You are the one requesting the items and um, won't you be using them anyway as props, and don't you get paid full price when you do the photography?!?! Grrrr! Why do people expect something for nothing, I could give a flying crap if you get any photos with the props, I won't lose sleep over it. Other photographers have been kind enough to share a couple photos using my items and return am I not advertising their business!!! I am so mad right now I could just spit!!!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.