Re: October, Now Open for Chat

Good Afternoon.

Busy here. I had a dressage clinic I was attending as an auditor over the weekend. The test patterns are changing starting with the 2019 show season and one of the judges from the test writing committee did a symposium on what the judges are looking for and how to ride the tests. Very informative and fun clinic!

It's beautiful here today. I have a riding lesson this evening, and can hardly wait to get outside. I believe it's in the 70s! Yay!

For those that use metal clay...how do you get ALL the clay off the wrapper? I feel like I'm losing a lot that just stays on the wrapper. I fired my first pieces and they came out okay. I know I over fired one piece, and I need to remember to change out my torch tip to a bushier flame instead of my targeted flame when firing. Otherwise, I think this is going to work well for the pieces I have in mind. :-)

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Chrissi, I wad up what i can of the clay and wipe the wrapper clean with it. If you work the clay in your hand first, it works better. Sometimes it takes me awhile to get it all off, but I just keep dabbing and wiping and working it into what I have in my hand until it all comes off.
0 Likes

I have some clay and some things I want to do but I'm clay illiterate. Barb from Fishbone came over and helped me one day but unless I do something again pretty quickly and then repeat it, I forget how.
0 Likes
lsueszabo
Inspiration Seeker

hi everyone. thx for the photo-editing suggestions. I do have photoshop, that I pay for, but I've never used it for editing etsy pics. mainly cause i'm pretty illiterate with it. I use if for editing pics for books and shows. i'll check out some of your suggestions. there used to be a great one on my PC, but of course, they took it off now and substituted one that is way worse. I hate it. and I liked pic monkey but i'm inclined to try the free ones first or maybe learn photoshop, since I already pay for that one.
my main goal is easy and simple. I really just use it for cropping and sizing. I don't do any fancy editing for etsy.

excited about the world series tonight!! hubs is from boston, so we're all big red sox fans here.

oh, and i'm backing up the truck and dumping a shit ton of dust on this thread. sold one of my opal and gold rings ($2600!). well, she paid me $600 so far, it's on layaway. but technically, I can still dump it on the thread. woo hoo. I haven't had a sale like that in like...2 yrs??

congrats on your fun show chrissi. and congrats on M getting some teeth!
i'm making pork lo mein for dinner. with green beans, hot thai peppers, green onions all from my garden, and shiitake mushrooms, and bean sprouts that aren't. ha. but it's gonna be good.
0 Likes

Mmmm, sounds good, Sue. I made homemade corn tortillas (I'm so bad at it!) and turned them into tostadas. Yum, yum.

And congrsts on that sale - I'll stand under that dump truck, please.

I ran a Pinterest ad today for my website - 43 views. I used that new Bao Canyon necklace. O.o Kewl.
0 Likes
lsueszabo
Inspiration Seeker

homemade tostadas sound pretty damn good too erin.
popping a big bowl of popcorn and getting ready to watch my red sox dominate. haha. sorry to any dodgers fans.
0 Likes

Not much of a baseball watcher unless it's family or local.

I made Chicken and dumplings tonight - I made the dumplings with bisquick.

Congrats on the big honkin' sale, LSue. I will take a handful of that dust too.

I'm working on a pendant with a rather large red owyhee jasper that I didn't cut. Trying to keep it kind of simple.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Not a baseball watcher either unless my grandkids are playing. Always reminds me of watching grass grow, way to slow! But, if you have a reason, have popcorn and fun!
Congrats on the nice sale Sue!

I made homemade pasta cannelloni shells and made shrimp and scallop cannelloni with parma rosa sauce. And salad. I wanted pasta to make tagliatelle so the extra became sheets and had to get used or tossed or more work making fettuccine. I chose the easy way out
0 Likes
lsueszabo
Inspiration Seeker

pennee- homemade pasta is never the easy way out!! lol

i'm a much bigger football and basketball fan than baseball. but I do watch the sox and the world series. my dh is a fanatic, so I got hooked by osmosis.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

The worst part of homemade pasta is kneading it Sue. It's never right if you don't do most of it by hand. But rolling with a machine makes it pretty easy to get sheets and shapes. Lol, my aunt used to cut it by hand, ugh, that was an all day thing
0 Likes

Mmmmmmm. Popcorn. Yummy.

I need to learn to make pasta.

I think it may be an early night here. I'm tired. Out of the ladt five days, we spent part of three of them cutting down trees and hauling limbs.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Now I want popcorn and it's too late. I can smell the butter on it, sigh
0 Likes

It was too late for me, too. Besides, K would have demanded to get up and have some. Lol

Good morning. :)
0 Likes

Good,morning.
One of my favorite dinners is popcorn with a big glass of cold milk. I do it a lot when M makes chili. He puts beans in his and I find that highly offensive.
After 2 weeks of missing class because of rain, I went yesterday. It was break week, so no one was there and the Guild was locked up. That'll teach me to check the calendar.
0 Likes

Good morning. Unusually warm night, 4OF. Normal high now are about 45F.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

I always forget that "real" Texas chili doesn't have beans :) I grew up with beans in mine because it made more of it so it was a cheap meal. I don't think I've ever had chili even in Texas that didn't have beans- probably for the same reason!
0 Likes

I always put beans in mine - oops. : D

I bought some pork ribs already marinated in stuff at the store today and put them in the slow cooker. Supper is done. LOL
0 Likes

I always put beans in my chili too. Same reason...to make it go further.

0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

when I think of no bean chili- I can only think about the stuff you put on a hot dog! But I have been to chili competitions and lots of folks make the no bean stuff. It's good, but I love beans in chili- I use black and kidney mixed for fun
0 Likes

I only like baked beans as baked beans. I'm just not a chili fan.

getting ready to post a photo of my custom rolling mill plate on IG.
0 Likes

I had a sale. :D After a solidly crappy month, that's making me far happier than it really should. LOL

I finished a pendant today, too. It's in the tumbler, and I'm happy with it. I need to take pics of new stuffs soon.
0 Likes

Good Afternoon! Trucking my way through a big work project. Ugh! I hate insurance!

Thanks Sue! It was nice to get back out and do a show! I have really missed interacting with my customers and hearing what people like and seeing what gets attention. It was re-energizing!

I'll take a handful of that dust and sprinkle it over my shops! I have been playing catch-up the past couple of weeks, and I need to boost things up.

0 Likes

I absolutely hate beans in my chili! My mom always made it with beans, and I would pick them out. I only recently learned that Texas chili doesn't have beans....which is funny, because it's the way I prefer to eat it. I'm really a Texan at heart, lol. :-) If I wasn't tied down here, I would live in Northeast Texas.
0 Likes

I guess my light is on - another small sale. I'll take it.

My volume was turned way up on my Ipod, so when it cha-chinged right under my chin, it scared the crap out of me.
0 Likes

Congrats Erin! Lol about the cha-ching.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.