PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

Re: May Be Days of Chat, Metal and Stone

I love them too Kathy.

We have them on our property occasionally. We hear them quite often.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

I have to confess that I did keep a 22 in that shed "just in case" I needed it. I am NOT a gun/ hunter person now, but grew up with hunting fishing and trapping as a way of life so it didn't seem out of the ordinary to keep that gun there. It was padlocked to the wall, never had to use it so I have no idea how it would have protected me in the event of a larger animal attack, Bobcat were feared around my parts growing up.
0 Likes

Dianna, I've had the sick card played and I do not know what I said but she never paid up.

Today I have a request for a discount to "keep it within her budget!" Do we ever get to choose our budget?

Was traveling for 16 hours yesterday home from Naples, Florida. Really, no kidding, At least 13 of those hours were sitting on the airplane. When I tell people it takes all day they ask how can that possibly be, don't they have direct flights?
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

Um... wow Nance. That would be a big no from me. (the discount thing).

also 16 hours in a plane to return from Florida sounds a bit like a level from Hell.
0 Likes

My ipad is charging in another room so I haven't seen the coyote, but it sounds like a really wonderful encounter.

I am glad you have some sales that allow you to pay your bill Erin.

Reading what your garden is doing it seems the weather where you are is frequently similar to the weather here.

Yesterday I mentioned how much I loved the slug / bird fences I made, and today I am going to say how much I love my abundant, free, easy to collect fertilizer source. Ha ha... I am always good for something... I first heard about this on CBC radio, and have been using it pretty exclusively combined with composted straw and leaves for a few years now with amazingly prolific results.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/news-blog/p-is-for-plants-human-urine-plus-as-2009-09-04/

Using this with anything that might have contact with the fertilizer is a bit tricky, as 30 days is recommended between first harvest and last application of fertilizer, but side watering of stuff like lettuce, just when plants are newly germinated seems to work. Each of us actually produces all the liquid fertilizer we need to grow all our food every year. It is so perfect! Except for hanging pots. It does smell a bit...

My contribution for the day...
0 Likes

good article DRiea

We have had neighbors use all of their compost plus woodash including plumbing compost and their garden is amazing.
0 Likes

Gives a whole new meaning to piss on it...
0 Likes

Erin, I'm glad you had the sales needed. I too had a sale returned and waited until, after my return from Florida last night to pay my bill today. They should have to wait for the money this month after last months demands on our time! I made 3 sales while I was gone so today is a work day happily.
0 Likes

Of course, the mailman showed up before I was done with everything. Figures.

I have my invoice sent for extra postage, the silver cuff is done (needs oxidizing), and the bronze cuff is almost done. Someone lit a fire under my butt this morning. :D
0 Likes

Using some part of what goes into the plumbing for compost can be hazardous if it is used on food crops. There is some internal parasites that can be transmitted for several years. But human urine is pretty safe as long as no direct contact happens between that and the parts that will be eaten too close to harvest. It can be used pretty much immediately diluted 1 part pee to 9 parts water and a handful of wood ash, every 3rd watering on stuff like tomatoes. corn, squash, beans where the crop is away from the roots.
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

Im sure that Ive shared this before... but my grandfather used human urine (his own) to patina his copper flowers. :)

and... sharing some woot woot news... just won a platinum hermes award for my design firms new website!!! Woot!! Woot!!!!

0 Likes

Driea, I believe they send it to a special processing plant to have it treated. Don't know the particulars but I've always refused it when offered. Likely no good reason not to use it once it's treated but I'm paranoid.

Congrats Wendy.
0 Likes

Wow, Wendy - way to go!

Kathy, if we lived out in the sticks, I'd have a gun nearby-ish, too. Not all animals walk on four legs, and there are far too many freaks in the world not to be protected.
0 Likes

Congrats Wendy-Can we see your link?
0 Likes

Both orders, out the door. That's some kind of record for me, y'all.
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

Andrea: http://www.wetherbeecreative.com

thanks!!

congrats Erin!
0 Likes

Orders done and ready to go. Ooooooh - I have a piece of turquoise I've been saving for a special occasion. :D
0 Likes
SToNZ
Post Crafter

We see coyotes from time to time in our neighborhood. Hear them frequently at night down in the valley.
They look very scrawny and mangy. And they kill small pets. Not popular in these parts.

So glad you had some sales, Erin!
Phew!
0 Likes

Just got the IG update. Um, meh? I think I like the darker background better - all the white sort of hurts.

Thanks, Susan. Yes, phew indeed. That was cutting it a bit close for comfort, but I'm so happy I don't care right now.
0 Likes
SToNZ
Post Crafter

Congrats on the award, Wendy!!

And I kinda like the new instagram logo.
The other new aspects of it will take a little getting used to.
Been posting videos from my trip there today.
Brings back great memories.
Trying not to overpost, but hard to edit down 1800 photos and 20 videos.
;)
0 Likes
SToNZ
Post Crafter

Switched my closet from winter to summer clothes. Filled two big bags of stuff to give away.
That felt good.

Now I feel like I have nothing to wear.
0 Likes

Good Afternoon! Checking in! Thank you all for the good thoughts! The storms passed us by yesterday. We had some heavy rain and lightening around 3 a.m. that woke us up...but thankfully, nothing severe.

Congratulations on the award, Wendy! Well deserved!

Very cool coyote encounter. We have a family of coyotes that live about a quarter mile from us across the highway. They will sometimes come visit our lot and they make a horrible racket.

About a month ago, we had 2 wolves show up very late at night..my dogs were actually nervous over that. They watched us from the highway...made eye-contact. We have an agreement with them...they leave us alone, we leave them alone. So far, no problems. We will hear them howl in the distance at times. Very different sound than the coyotes. Having the 100 acre wooded area directly across the highway, along with a 15 acre wooded pasture just to the East and North of us, tends to offer some interesting encounters. :) My favorites are the owls and the bobcats.
0 Likes

And just like that - I feel like crap. I thought it was my allergies - I've got a head cold. Yay.

Chrissi, I am so glad you guys are safe.
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

sounds lovely Chrissi, except for the tornados....

hearing wolves in the wild is on my bucket list. Pretty convinced I saw one here in Northern NH. They apparently "aren't here" but its bunk. I know several locals who have seen them and heard them. One crossed the road in front of me one night around dusk. About 30% larger than my shepherd. It wasn't a coyote, of that Im certain. Around that same time one of the locals had a similar encounter, same stretch of road, logging truck also saw it. So they are here, but not in my neck of the woods. Though we have plenty of bobcats and a very occasional cougar sighting,
0 Likes
SToNZ
Post Crafter

Watched the tornadoes on the news last night. SO scary.
Glad you didn't get the severe weather, Chrissi.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.