On to April, carry on.
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

Re: April's Chat

Adding my stats to the pool: I had 16 orders the last 30 days, 3 of which were from PLs (all repeatables). Some were customs, and not many were OOAKs. But for me this has been an okay period.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

my stats stink compared to yours Esme- 11 orders in 30 days only 2 were PLs. This is my worst stretch in a long time!

Thanks Erin- it was a fun project. My rolling mill is totally out of whack and I can't figure out what's wrong so I couldn't start my tapered ends with it- CG to the rescue for diminish forging!
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

Ill beat y'all.

3 orders since March 1.

1 was a cancellation (she wanted me to lie to customs).
1 was a return (because earrings look to big on her, even though "they are beautiful")

So yeah... 1 real order since March 1 to a collector who was watching me on Insta.
0 Likes
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

That is super depressing Wendy. I have no idea what could have changed.

Pennee, I’m not used to having more sales than you. Do they favor international sellers for a while?

On a positive note, I got a CG cuff in the mail today. It’s stunning, of course! I had to call the post office before they magically found my package. Don’t know what’s up with that. I have a package from India still stuck in customs. It’s a mess.
0 Likes

Imremember the customs lady. I hadnsomeone whomwanted that,mtoo, and I flat outntold her nope. She went through with it anyway, and I never heard from her, so ....

Esme, I read a thread in the Forums last night about some internationalmsellers who were in rwally bad slumps right now. So whatever you've got going on, work it, girl. 😁😁
0 Likes

Esme were most of your orders within Europe? I think Etsy shows EU shoppers "local" items at the top of search. They are doing that in Canada too, showing Canadian shops first.

What a bummer that sales have slowed down so much for so many. It hasn't happened to me yet, amazingly. I've had 50 orders in the last 30 days: 30 for hoops (boring!) 10 for supplies (abalone buttons) and 10 for more unique stuff. I spent $16 on promoted listings and got 8 sales from it. I don't get any orders from Instagram or other social media but I do have some repeat customers, I think they keep piercing more holes in their ears!
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

those stats are more my normal Irene and unlike you I don't get a lot of "same" repeat type orders like hoops- mine really vary a lot during a 30 period. I do know that renew sold carries a lot of weight so selling a few pairs of hoops makes your hoops take top spot for more buyers to see. Those sales add up to nice $$$ - be glad for them while it lasts and congrats!!! My stackers used to be that way, I would sell almost 30 a month along with other things.
Oh and I found my Irene lost succulent stud- it must have been stuck in clothes- it was in the dryer lint catch and I was so excited I found it!!
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

oh I remember you saying how bummed you were to lose it. glad you found it Pennee.
0 Likes

Pennee, I'm glad your little earring has been reunited with its mate.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Now if my diamond stud would miraculously appear I would be a very happy person! Yes I was ticked i found it and thanks again for offering to make me a single if I needed one!
0 Likes

Wendy,

I'm in the same boat. My last order on Etsy was March 5th. I've had a couple of local customs...but other than that...that's it.

0 Likes

Congrats on the sale, Erin. I’ve actually learned to enjoy the slow times. This time it’s letting me get caught up with outdoor work before the heat and mosquitos descend. Sometimes I get to catch up on listing cabs.
I’m at 11 orders for the last 30days but i did 16 for March and some were multiples. I’m not unhappy with that. I’m starting to sell a few more pricier pieces (for me that means over $100) which helps and I sold 2 custom rings to one customer who wants 2 more. I’ll take it.

0 Likes

I am trying to. I need to dig up the gardens to prep for planting. I'll have a cuff and apair of studs to make tomorrow.

The cold front is making my head hurt terribly. Stupid sinuses.
0 Likes
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

Irene, earlier this year I basically only had European orders but now it’s a mix. Just got one from the US, one from Australia, which feels more normal than it’s been in a long time.

Yay for finding the earring Pennee!
0 Likes

Hooray for lost stuff being found!

Turquoise earring lady pulled the trigger, and I sold a pair of brr0onze earrings last night. A couple more of those would be awesome, but I'm not gonna complain about what I've got.

*extra special pinch fir Wendy's shop*
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Morning!

Throwing dust should be good for all!!!!

I do the same in slow times Terri- I have a bunch of half finished stuff- waiting for stones to be set or a bail or something! I'm just far less excited about starting new any more when things I already have aren't moving. I keep thinking to take the stack rings out of my shop since so many people are making them and selling them for next to nothing- but then I'll sell a few and decide to just keep them!
0 Likes

Good morning.
Not even going to talk about my non-existent sales.
I've decided to just look on jewelry as something I love to do and that keeps me from going gaga in my old age. My retail stores cover expenses and classes, so online is all profit. Plus,the two shows I do at the holidays add to the profit.
I had toyed with the idea of really working on promotion for Etsy this year, but the year is half over and I haven't done it, so I probably won't.
0 Likes

Good morning.
0 Likes

Sales dust is always for everyone, I just added an extra pinch to Wendy's shop. :D

Twitter is being wonky this morning. *sigh*
0 Likes
prox
Post Crafter

Snow 🙄
0 Likes

Yuck, Jen. I know y'all are tired of that.

No snow here, thank goodness, but it was 42 this morning. That's really quite chilly for this time of year, down here. It is sunshiney, though, so I'm not gonna complain.
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

thanks Erin.

0 Likes

Still snow here , we may have snow on July 1 at this rate. I keep saying I am going to reopen my Etsy store but as Kit says a gooid part of the year has already slipped by and I keep finding excuses and other places to sell so I am not sure whether it will ever happen.
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

apparently they are going to be automatically deducting fees from sales now instead of allow us the choice.

this may seal the deal on me leaving in the near future.

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/your-shops-finances-simplified/304604155581?campaign_la...
0 Likes

I was JUST coming in here to post this. What a crock of stinky, smelly poop.

Just no.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.