My shop is almost dead. Help?

I did ok for many years and now my shop is almost dead. Not sure where I went wrong but it's like someone pressed the off button. Sometimes, mostly now,  there are 1-2 activities in 24 hours. I waited patiently to see if it would turn around but now it's November and it only got worse.

Can anyone help me? Is Etsy done with artists? Just like that?

Very sad and disheartened.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
6 Replies

Re: My shop is almost dead. Help?

Hello. I also have that problem. I only start to get some visibility if I pay large amounts of advertising. It is not easy for us artisans to set aside money for advertising. I hoped that now with this festive season I would be able to improve.
I can only sell my crafts at national fairs, national events and national exhibitions here in my area.

Good Luck 

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I am sorry to see this place disappear for artists like us. I also cannot afford so much advertising. There used to be other ways to get a chance at visibility. 

Good luck to you, too. And all the best.

1 Like

Hello,

I'm in the same predicament with trying to get more traffic. Etsy definitely doesn't make it easy for artists to get business. Someone once told me that they re-market your shop every 150-200 listings, so maybe that has something to do with it? 

It's hard to set aside that marketing money, especially with such a small business. 

3 Likes

I totally see where you’re coming from and sm in the struggle as well. 
I looked at your shop. Your drawings are beautiful and very detailed! I would however make more pictures than only putting one out there. I know you mention the size but seeing it next to other objects makes it easier to imagine how it looks and not only size wise. I would like to see pictures hanging or cards just laying somewhere with other things to get an idea. 
Have you reworked your SEO’s? Do you have all the tags filled in? 
I know it’s hard and me too I don’t want to spend money for ads or people to rework my shop. 
I do have many visits but not many sales at least this month. 
Good luck Brigitte 

1 Like

Thank you, Brigitte!

0 Likes
ColorDripArtllc
Inspiration Seeker

Same here, I haven’t had much success with Etsy. I only received traffic if I purchase advertising and I feel like it’s not much traffic.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.