AlexeiBogdanskov
Inspiration Seeker

I`m back to ART and confused by etsy, need a bit of help friends ! thanks

Hello dear friends around the world,

I have returned to etsy after 5 years and I have no clue what is going on, I cannot find the art section of the forums to ask the artsy people some advice. First of all, where can I share my art ? I get almost to no views, does anyone actually sell paintings on this website ? why did the interface changed so much and where can I find the art community ? I can't find it,

Thanks

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: I`m back to ART and confused by etsy, need a bit of help friends ! thanks

I cant answer most of your questions... but I sell paintings. I sell quite a few, but they are small, inexpensive, and on watercolour paper. I feel like I'm competing against digital prints, so I have to stay kind of in that price range. I tried posting larger canvases, but they didnt sell. 

Also, I drive most of my own traffic to the site. I get no visits from randoms searching etsy. 

Hope some of this helps. 

1 Like
AlexeiBogdanskov
Inspiration Seeker

Makes no sense

Why would people buy prints when hand made art is the most pure form of art ? who would care about prints ? a fine painting is something unique in the universe.

Etsy sure did change a lot..

0 Likes

I'm alo trying to sell art, started etsy for first time in July, Im discouraged by no traffic from Etsy unless I push real hard on social media, my page is dead . Yet to receive a purchase from am etsy customer. I pay for ads sometimes and apparently receive thousands of ad views out of which maybe 5-10  page visits and no sales. 

1 Like
AlexeiBogdanskov
Inspiration Seeker

Oh I'm sorry but checked your shop, you should paint more ! you only sell cheap prints, why not get a deep dive into real fine art ?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.