Getting reviews on shop/listings from customers!

Hello all!

I recently joined Etsy and have been starting to sell a few items, but have gotten zero reviews so far. Any tips/techniques on getting reviews from customers??? Thanks in advance!

etsy.com/shop/CouplesTherapyShop

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Getting reviews on shop/listings from customers!

After a sale, try sending a thank you with a link to your review option.  A quick reminder such as, "It helps small businesses when you give a review. Please follow this link to let others know how you feel about your experience with us."

Good luck! 

2 Likes
PapillionEra
Conversation Maker

Etsy also prompts them, if they opt in for Etsy to email them. I also send a thank you message plus a little note in the package. Although, I think there's a fine line between gently encouraging and being pushy. Some people do not like to be asked to leave reviews, as I've read on forums and in Etsy seller groups.

2 Likes

I haven't had many sales, but when someone buys something they always leave a 5 star review. What I do is send a note and let them know their order is on its way and even leave a little thank you letter inside whatever you send.(doesn't have to be long) I wouldn't recommend sending them an automatic note asking them to review your product either; it can seem a little pushy.

1 Like

I think the best way is not to prompt them at all if a customer remains happy leaves a review.

0 Likes

Should thankful for raising this question. As @Greekjewls pointed out customers leave review when they are happy. As a new shopper I tired sending an email, one week after delivery, by indirectly asking review a review if they are happy. I never got single review from those. All the reviews I have are natural and almost all got withing a few days after it is delivered. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.