Free Etsy Calculator - Check your profit margin after Etsy fees

Hello art forum,

just a quick message to let you know you can save money, increase profits and determine better selling prices with this super easy free Etsy calculator. It may be basic but it's surprising how many Etsy shops overlook this fundamental information.

Now you have no excuse - simply click this link, answer two easy questions and generate everything you need to know about Etsy pricing and profit margins.

It’s so easy you may as well double check if you think you already know.

Etsy-fee-calculator

Bye for now

Mark

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Free Etsy Calculator - Check your profit margin after Etsy fees

This is interesting, thank you for sharing this! What would you say would be a good profit margin to aim for? 

1 Like

Re: Free Etsy Calculator - Check your profit margin after Etsy fees

Hey Natasha,

Generally speaking, 5% is considered a low margin, 10% is a healthy margin and 20% is a high margin. However, a one-size-fits-all approach isn't the best way to go about it.

If you wish to figure out what to charge for each of your Etsy listings you should first calculate your costs for materials and labour. Determine how much you paid for the materials you used to make your listing. Then determine how long it took and the amount you wish to be paid for that time. Add your labour and materials costs together then multiply that number by 2 to get your wholesale price. Multiply by 3.5 to get your retail price, then adjust that price based on your competition.

Ask yourself.

-Is this a reasonable price, would I be willing to pay that if I were the customer?

-What are my competitors charging?

-Can I bring down my costs and sell this listing at a more competitive price?

I hope that's helpful and good luck with your Etsy business. 

Best

Mark

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.