cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheaters

Jump to solution
We take cheating very seriously on the ART Team. If evidence of cheating is found, you will be contacted and expected to take appropriate action. If repeated cheating continues, you'll be removed.

To help, please contact Etsy and request that Team Captains and Leaders are given tools to help prevent cheating and that duplicate/false shops are removed at: www.etsy.com/help/contact

THANKS!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cheaters

Jump to solution
JOIN THE FACEBOOK ART TEAM PUBLIC PAGE AT: www.facebook.com/groups/271594646600172

and PINTEREST BOARDS TOO AT:
https://www.pinterest.com/vindadamona/art-team-etsy-group-board/
and/or
https://www.pinterest.com/mikekraus/great-creations/

Allegedly, Etsy gives "more weight to real, organic placed Faves from a searching buyer, as opposed to click click click faves from fellow team members/sellers." This is to prevent skewing relevancy rating that could come from hundreds of favorites/hearts. Even if most of us sellers are also buyers.

So, what can we do to help each other boost sales if viewing, faving, and other games don't help anymore? JOIN THE FACEBOOK/PINTEREST ART TEAM PAGES and post, sell, like, and share!!!

THANKS!!!

View solution in original post

1 Like
61 Replies

Jump to solution
JOIN THE FACEBOOK ART TEAM PUBLIC PAGE AT: www.facebook.com/groups/271594646600172

and PINTEREST BOARDS TOO AT:
https://www.pinterest.com/vindadamona/art-team-etsy-group-board/
and/or
https://www.pinterest.com/mikekraus/great-creations/

Allegedly, Etsy gives "more weight to real, organic placed Faves from a searching buyer, as opposed to click click click faves from fellow team members/sellers." This is to prevent skewing relevancy rating that could come from hundreds of favorites/hearts. Even if most of us sellers are also buyers.

So, what can we do to help each other boost sales if viewing, faving, and other games don't help anymore? JOIN THE FACEBOOK/PINTEREST ART TEAM PAGES and post, sell, like, and share!!!

THANKS!!!
1 Like

Jump to solution
MIKE: what do you consider "cheating"? And what about spamming the threads like the two above? when are you going to start removing them?
1 Like

Jump to solution
Kristan,

Spamming and not following the rules are "cheating." When someone has been found in violation of the rules, a message will be set to them as a warning. After several warnings within a certain duration, they are removed from the team.

Specifically with the multiple gem shops, I have removed several hundreds of them from the team. The next day, the reappear. I've been working with Etsy to have these duplicate shops removed. I suggest you contact Etsy directly at: www.etsy.com/help/contact and ask that they enforce their policies regarding these shops.

THANKS and we hope the new Team updates expected soon will provide Captains and Leaders tools and other features to eliminate these issues.

Mike
1 Like

Jump to solution
ETSY TEAM/FORUM UPDATES COMING SOON! Learn more about the changes at: https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/improvements-coming-to-etsys-community/382278462891

Send all questions, comments, and requests to:
www.etsy.com/help/contact
0 Likes

Jump to solution

As of now, the report does NOT work at all.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

https://www.etsy.com/pl/shop/PattyDesignJewellery

This shop didnt play correctly on INSTAGRAM: Post 1 like 10 game

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy's new Team/Forum/Community redesign still has A LOT of bugs, technical issues, design flaws, etc.  Many of the functions aren't working either.  I highly recommend that everyone post issues at: 

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Bugs-and-Technical-Issues/bd-p/bugs

It's the best solution I've found so far.  But, with all the problems, it still takes a very long time to resolve.  Sorry and THANKS!

0 Likes
ABitofWhimsyArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Some issues that have been on my mind in regards to the Pinterest threads that I feel needs clarification:

• It is not in the rules that we click on the item (via Pinterest) and then heart the item in Etsy... I've been doing this and I'm sure most people are not. ie. all the members who have zero faved items and zero faved shops. I am going to stop clicking back to Etsy and simply Pin everyone's items if this is NOT a rule, please clarify.

• It is not in the rules that we should have a minimum of followers via Pinterest... many of the teams that I'm on have this rule in an effort of fairness...  I for example have over 3000 followers.  How is it fair that someone who has 15 followers pin my item and I'm promoting their item with my multi thousand followers?? please clarify.

Thank you Mike!

0 Likes
SkinCareByFPFT
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have reported two shops ArtWindStudios and HDpicturePrints for cheating, they are still playing in the Searchaton. They do not search or fave any items in the thread. They have been removed from a couple of teams I play on for cheating. I am not sure what else to do about them. 

2 Likes
ABitofWhimsyArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I can understand the difficulties of running such a large team, but at the very least I would call on  @MikeKrausArt   to please remove these cheaters from the team. It will be the only way to prevent them from posting...

1 Like
SkinCareByFPFT
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I will email him in regards to the scammers, they are still in the thread. I have followed the instructions and reported the shops twice.

2 Likes
MistyAurora
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ABitofWhimsyArt @SkinCareByFPFT Sorry about the very slow reply.  

1) PINTERESTaTHON -There are no heart or minimum requirements.  

2) CHEATER REMOVALS - Etsy does not let us search for members.  So, if we want to remove a cheater, it would require us to search through every single of our 36,000+ members to find them first.  We've asked Etsy to fix this flaw and are waiting for a response.

3) LITHIUM ETSY TEAM COMMUNICATIONS - These are still not functional.  Reporting cheating and other activities can be made, but they are not received by Captains/Leaders.  Again, we've asked Etsy to fix this flaw and are waiting for a response

I apologize for the problems the team is facing.  We've experienced countless issues with nearly every feature since Etsy "upgraded" teams back in February 2019.  Some things have been fixed; many have not.  I encourage you to visit and share your frustrations at: 

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Bugs-and-Technical-Issues/bd-p/bugs

or 

Letting Etsy know of your frustrations with their product is the only way to get them to take action.  THANKS!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Consistent cheaters in the Pinterest thread:

ArtWindStudio

IronGiftStore

HDpicturePrints

DesignsMetalStore

From the Art leadership: CHEATER REMOVALS - Etsy does not let us search for members.  So, if we want to remove a cheater, it would require us to search through every single of our 36,000+ members to find them first.  We've asked Etsy to fix this flaw and are waiting for a response."

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Cheaters make me so irritated. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@CasaDeRusticos 

Letting Etsy know of your frustrations with their product is the only way to get them to take action.  THANKS!  Contact them at: www.etsy.com/help/contact

0 Likes
PamsPawsJewelry
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

So many cheaters still on here and I have not been on here in a while due to Etsy changes and computer issues, etc.

JaneArtTideStudio is one and LuckyElephantGR is another

The Jaipurrug shops have a few shops and post a lot more than once at a time

Monitorng and removing them and their posts needs to be done, thanks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PamsPawsJewelry I couldn't agree with you more.  

1) Etsy's changes have causes lots of problems.  Finding and navigation is difficult.  And many of the "features" and "upgrades" of the new Lithium platform still are not functional since they transitioned in February 2019.  And Etsy has not said if or when they will ever correct these issues.

2) It's been very difficult to remove cheater's posts for many reasons. 1) The "report inappropriate content" feature is not operational.  So, reported content doesn't notify anyone. b) removing posts is a slow, multi-step process.  What use to take a couple of seconds now takes several minutes.  With 100+ violations per day, it would take 8+ hours to remove all improper posts

3) Removing cheating members is very difficult.  New members violating rules receive a warning.  If behavior continues, they are removed.  But, some cheaters have been on the team for a while.  Since Etsy doesn't allow us to search members, it requires viewing over 3,700+ pages of members for removal.  We've requested the ability to search without reply from Etsy.

4) When Etsy "upgraded" teams, they promised these improvements would be a part of the new platform.  Please let them know we need these features at: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Bugs-and-Technical-Issues/What-Is-Happening-With-Etsy-Teams/m-p/126298...

and

THANKS!

1 Like

Jump to solution

So frustrating for you team leaders Mike, hopefully Etsy will listen. Thanks for your hard work & happy new year! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@AlisonBillustrations It really is.  Hope they start working on these issues again soon.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

I've just participated at the incognito search for 24 items. I've never done this before, but I followed the instructions. Now there is a member after me who was supposed to search for my shop and items, but I don't see any views or visits in my shop stats. Could you tell me how it works? I'm not sure if she didn't do it correctly, or it takes time before it sows up in my stats. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@AngelicSparkJewelry Thanks for you message.  Etsy Stats are notoriously bad.  I suggest linking your shop to Google Analytics for far more accurate information.  For example, Google Analytics recorded 255 visits to my shop yesterday.  Etsy Stats recorded only 51.  Many times, I'll have 0 visits and 1 sale on items.  Also, Etsy Stats can take up to 24 hours to show up since they are not in real-time.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix these issues is for Etsy to upgrade their system.  I suggest letting them know you'd like these changes.  This has been the most effective way to improve Etsy.  Contact them at: www.etsy.com/help/contact

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you! :)

1 Like

Jump to solution

@AngelicSparkJewelry  Of course!  We'll keep letting Etsy know about our needs and I'll keep the team updated on any changes, upgrades, etc

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.