ART TEAM FORUM: Making Sales

Jump to solution
NO POSTING ITEMS UNLESS IT'S APPROPRIATE TO THE QUESTION: Do you have questions about making sales? Post your question here and we'll provide advice so we can all succeed together!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ART TEAM FORUM: Making Sales

Jump to solution
JOIN THE FACEBOOK ART TEAM PUBLIC PAGE AT: www.facebook.com/groups/271594646600172

Allegedly, Etsy gives "more weight to real, organic placed Faves from a searching buyer, as opposed to click click click faves from fellow team members/sellers." This is to prevent skewing relevancy rating that could come from hundreds of favourites. Even if most of us sellers are also buyers.

So, what can we do to help each other boost sales if viewing, faving, and other games don't help anymore? JOIN THE FACEBOOK ART TEAM PUBLIC PAGE and post, sell, like, and share!!!

THANKS!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies

Jump to solution
JOIN THE FACEBOOK ART TEAM PUBLIC PAGE AT: www.facebook.com/groups/271594646600172

Allegedly, Etsy gives "more weight to real, organic placed Faves from a searching buyer, as opposed to click click click faves from fellow team members/sellers." This is to prevent skewing relevancy rating that could come from hundreds of favourites. Even if most of us sellers are also buyers.

So, what can we do to help each other boost sales if viewing, faving, and other games don't help anymore? JOIN THE FACEBOOK ART TEAM PUBLIC PAGE and post, sell, like, and share!!!

THANKS!!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I know some of you don't go directly to the forums, so I thought I'd post this to give you a heads up.

Coming in June, Etsy will be changing the way the shop payment and bill pages look as well as the payment schedule and processing of transaction fees.

You can read more here: www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/18681225/page/1

0 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes
tukadesign
Registered Buyer

Jump to solution
I'm having trouble making any sales for like two months. Could anybody take a quick look at my shop to make sure everything is all right? Do you have any suggestions?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/tukadesign
0 Likes

Jump to solution
From what I see, everything looks good. Chances are, Etsy made some changes (again...) and you're not getting views on search because of it. I'm sure they'll make another change soon (again...) and you'll benefit. But, a lot of shops have been concerned about low/falling sales recently. Just keep doing what you're doing and things will turn around soon.
0 Likes
tukadesign
Registered Buyer

Jump to solution
thank you
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Of course! That's what these Art Team Forums are for. To share and help each other find success. The more you succeed at Etsy, the better we all do!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
FROM ETSY:

Etsy is turning 13! To celebrate, we’re inviting shoppers to Etsy from June 18-22 to discover and buy something special. During the World of Etsy Sales Event in March, shoppers placed 1 order(s) from you. Keep it up! Help new shoppers continue to discover unique art and collectible items just like yours by running a promotion during our birthday sales event.

It’s easy to participate. Create a sale by discounting your listings between 10% and 70% between June 18-22. Your discounting can also include a minimum order value or free shipping to be part of the promotion. We’ll promote the event to shoppers through marketing emails, site banners, social media, press coverage, and Etsy’s homepage.

Learn more about the birthday sales event in the Seller Handbook.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I am looking for my first sale.Can you check out my shop and give me some tips on how to make it better. :) https://www.etsy.com/shop/NaturealityArtShop?ref=l2-shopheader-name
0 Likes

Jump to solution
WELCOME TO ETSY and the ART TEAM! I looked at your shop and only have a couple suggestions.

1) Use all your tags: More tags = more chances for people to find your shop in search.
2) In your tags, use descriptions people are looking for. Words like "fantasy world," "rock sculptures," "fairy home" etc.
3) Most important, just keep making. All the other advice is useless if you don't have a lot to sell. More items = more traffic = more sales.

Hope that helps!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
FROM ETSY:

Dear Seller Community,

We’re writing to tell you about some changes at Etsy. We’ve been helping sellers on their creative journeys for 13 years now. We’ve focused on making Etsy the best place to run your creative business, and we’ve listened to sellers like you to learn more about what you need from us.

Now, we’re planning to invest even more in bringing buyers to Etsy, building seller tools, and improving your seller experience. To help make this happen, we’re updating our fees, and we’re adding some new features.

Effective July 16, Etsy’s transaction fee will increase from 3.5% to 5% and it will also apply to the cost of shipping. All other fees, including listing fees, will remain the same.

We’re also introducing new optional feature packages designed around the needs of sellers at different stages of growth, so you can access the right tools at the right time for your business.

If you’re happy with the services you currently use on Etsy, you can still access all the tools that are currently available to you without paying a monthly subscription fee. But if you want to do more, we’ll be offering two new plans: Etsy Plus, with tools to help businesses grow and express their unique brands, will be available in July. Etsy Premium, with more advanced tools for larger-scale businesses, will launch in 2019.

Explore our video and website to learn more about what’s changing and look for more information in the weeks to come. We’re excited to see what’s next for all of us as we continue to invest more in growing your business, together.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Boykoart
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
I've been unable to sell my artwork on Etsy. I've experimented with tags, titles, photos and the description to see what's most effective. If you have any feedback, I would be happy to listen.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Boykoart
0 Likes

Jump to solution
@Chris Boyko

GREAT ARTWORK! The first sale is the most difficult sale. You are doing everything correctly. May I suggest that you give a discount to one of your friends, family, clients in exchange for a sale on Etsy and a review. Once you get that first sale, it gets easier after that.
0 Likes
Boykoart
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Hey Mike,

Thank you for the feedback and liking my artwork! I'll make sure to try that. I think people will feel more confident purchasing a product when they see great ratings.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
@Chris Boyko

You're absolutely correct. Reviews are important. Customer service is important. Quality and price are important. It's all about balance.

Mike
0 Likes
Thimonart
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am a new seller and I have been on Etsy since 8/26/19 and I am not making sales. I had 117 views and 59 visits and style nothing. Could you please help me understand?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Thimonart?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.