Getting Error trying to download images

Hello,

I am trying to use zetsy to download all my shop images and am having errors.

I get this message:

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the

application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit,

the application will close immediately.

Column 'Listing_Id' does not allow nulls.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am using version 1.3.5.3 and also tried to upgrade but when I click update and then get taken to the zetsy site there is no way to upgrade. I tried to install the new version by downloading it but it is asking me to install some word thing again which I already did and just want to upgrade not keep installing stuff.

Help. lol thank you
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
MiladyCreations
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Getting Error trying to download images

Lets see if we can get you running with the latest version. Yours dates back to March of this year I think. First the bad news. Etsy made a lot of changes the end of June which required many changes in our program and in the tools4etsy library that we use. There are many aspects from these prior programs which will no longer work, including that update button. Now for the good news. If we can get you upgraded all future updates will be detected and occur automatically if you choose so. It will also be much faster sinch it only upgrades the changed portions of the program
First, I would first uninstall the old version. Then try to install the new version. When you click the main download button it should take you to http://estoregadgets.com/software/zetsy/publish.htm This page should state that your downloading 1.7.20. Below this it states "If these components are already installed, you can launch the application now. Otherwise, click the button below to install the prerequisites and run the application" Clicking on the word launch (highlighted in blue) should bypass the need to reinstall the required Microsoft library.

If for some reason this does not install I have a slightly older stand-alone install (which is the way I was doing it before July) which is at the bottom of the Zetsy download page (http://zimpro.co/ZetsyHome.html

Let me know how it works for you.
0 Likes

thanks so much! I have been dealing with a sick toddler to hopefully I will get to this today. hopefully! lol
0 Likes

bah, okay followed your directions and was so excited it might work, clicked launch and then got this message:

Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly stdole Versio 7.0.3300.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first.

Please contact your system administrator.

----------------------------------------------------------

now I'm stumped? help... lol. thank you.
0 Likes
MiladyCreations
Inspiration Seeker

I remember having a sick toddler. Never any fun. Hopefully they're getting better.
I was stumped too since I always test these on at least one other machine. Thanks for the error message because I was able to find out what was happening pretty quickly (at least I think I have). Turns out Microsoft assumes this file IS on a machine and when its not this is what happens. I believe I have compensated for this issue and have put up a new version.
I would like to know what operating system you are using XP, Vista, etc. This would be helpful in troubleshooting this issue further.
0 Likes

okay here I am! I got it to work, installed fine, and it is connected to etsy but it still is not downloading the images... not sure if I am doing something wrong? I will keep trying. It does have a function that downloads all your full sized etsy images? right? or am I crazy lol... thanks

oh yeah I am using windows 7
0 Likes
MiladyCreations
Inspiration Seeker

Your correct and your not crazy! By default two smaller images are downloaded when on the main screen you select download images. Those are the images you should see after downloading listings. In this listing section on the left side of the screen is a button where all the full size images can be seen. Additionally, under program options at the top of the screen you can change this behavior and download full size images automatically. This can slow the program down quite a bit though so you may not want to do this routinely.
None of these images are saved unless you create a new database and then save them to the database. In just checking this function I discovered a glitch in that the files may not be saved out in the right location. I'm checking on this now. I realize this may be confusing and I'll try to write up better instructions later today. The good news is the program will not automatically update itself - no need to do another install.
0 Likes
MiladyCreations
Inspiration Seeker

The program should update itself after the second run. There was an issue when saving the database that the images were not being saved in the right location. If you go under your My documents directory under Zimpro/pics all of the images should be there now. Ones tagged _full is the large image whereas the unlabled ones are all 170x135 pixel sized images. The image names correspond to image Id numbers assigned by Etsy. The database will track theses and associate them with your listing.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.